First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i can address some of or worries. roof rack can hold 150 lbs in motion. 450 lbs standing still. second, just get some 2x4s and shore up some plywood! not that hard...
Well it still kind of blows my plans for a roof nest falcon XL which weighs 160 pounds(that’s not including the weight of the crossbars necessary). I don’t suppose you know the dimensions of the roof rack? Also I’ve noticed sometimes in the four-door it’s mounted solely on the rear piece of the top. Wondering if there’s different weight capacities depending on the set up(2 or 4 doors). On the two door it latches into the front of the windshield at the two mounting points.
And I’m really disappointed that I have to figure out a way to build something or buy something aftermarket. This rig is marketed as the great outdoor trail beast... but it didn’t think at all about staying outdoors overnight? To me that’s an epic fail... ???
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m not a genius, but it would appear that the headrests are just waiting to be tore up when you use the cargo area with the backseats folded flat.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it still kind of blows my plans for a roof nest falcon XL which weighs 160 pounds(that’s not including the weight of the crossbars necessary). I don’t suppose you know the dimensions of the roof rack? Also I’ve noticed sometimes in the four-door it’s mounted solely on the rear piece of the top. Wondering if there’s different weight capacities depending on the set up(2 or 4 doors). On the two door it latches into the front of the windshield at the two mounting points.
And I’m really disappointed that I have to figure out a way to build something or buy something aftermarket. This rig is marketed as the great outdoor trail beast... but it didn’t think at all about staying outdoors overnight? To me that’s an epic fail... ???
The 4-door also attaches to the front windshield. (The one you’re referencing is in the OB demonstrator and was reported to be only a concept rack. I imagine that one would have an even lower rating for the reasons below.)

The problem on the Bronco is that the removable composite top is a support member of the rack. Because it is not as strong as a unibody or steel roof, the static limit is reduced. Additionally, dynamic limits are hindered by the height and suspension tuning of the vehicle.

Quite frankly, you either need to be prepared to trade roof rack limit for features such as a removable top and increased articulation, or, wait for the aftermarket to provide some sort of solution.

Jeep wranglers have the same constraints, and here’s what I put on mine. (Kargo Master) It bypasses the top and mounts to structural members lower on the vehicle. Static and dynamic limits are both greatly increased. (to 850 and 300lbs, respectively)

Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 3EE76B69-81E5-4057-8541-57EEF85A1C32

There are other aftermarket ones that add support *through* the top and attach to the roll cage inside to achieve increased capacity, but you’d obviously be loosing the benefit of the removable top.

Last edited:

Buckin_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should have done what Honda did with the Element. Hinged back seats that can be swung out of the way or removed entirely. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.
Ford Bronco Video demonstration of rear seats folded down flat in 2 Door Bronco (from Bronco Super Celebration) 3EE76B69-81E5-4057-8541-57EEF85A1C32

I 100% agree. This day and age everything behind the front seats needs to be removable and fold flat. I hate that the back seats don't at least fold flat.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the first thing I will be doing is removing the back seats completely. If I could order one without back seats at all I would. All they are going to do is collect dust on a shelf in my shop for their entire life.

Sponsored

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there’s a new one coming out soon
I know! We have a 2004 Element with 215K miles and I told my wife about a month ago about Honda coming out with the next generation of Elements soon and she is seriously contemplating selling her m240i to get a new Element.

If the new Element had more off-roading capability/towing capacity than the previous gen, I wouldn't be getting a Bronco! The Element is, by far, the best SUV ever designed!

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know! We have a 2004 Element with 215K miles and I told my wife about a month ago about Honda coming out with the next generation of Elements soon and she is seriously contemplating selling her m240i to get a new Element.

If the new Element had more off-roading capability/towing capacity than the previous gen, I wouldn't be getting a Bronco! The Element is, by far, the best SUV ever designed!
I can understand the functional aspect, but I just can't get past the aesthetics... Everyone that has actually owned one always sings the praises though.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand the functional aspect, but I just can't get past the aesthetics... Everyone that has actually owned one always sings the praises though.
Oh, yeah... it's a toaster on wheels. But I'll take function over form any day!

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s probably to late now but the carpet MUST go. So I’m upgrading to a Black Diamond to get a rubber floor and waterproof seats but I have to take carpet in the CARGO area? I do NOT need a “rock star” working on this. I need some intelligence working on this Ford! Please.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very similar to how the FJ seats fold. One thing to note for tall people. When the rear seats are folded you will lose front seat travel. You won't be able to have the front seats all the way to the rear.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why is there such a huge gap between the back rests? I thought this was a 5 passenger .... my dog will hate that gap!
They obviously spent ZERO time on the area behind front seats. Kinda reminds me of writing your book report on the school bus the morning its due

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can't I don't think. For a patent it has to be a completely new idea, and my 79 Bronco and our Excursion both have easily removable rear seats to open up the cargo area.
I miss my Excursion, that was a beast! Loved driving it and the sound of that diesel engine. Seriously the preproduction quality everyone is complaining about reminds me of the finish of that vehicle....again, loved it, not luxury, but it was built to last....so quality on these preproductions can only go up from there

Last edited:

Stumblios

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 ford ranger FX4 Level II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The big take away from these photos for me is that, it at least appears to be easy to completely remove them. After i get them out i will fab something to have a good load floor if one isnt already hiding under the seats.
Sponsored