Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did have a pretty significant rattle from the front window on my BL, just from bumpy roads, I either put the window down all the way or up all the way now.

As others have commented, it's not a frameless window issue, I never once had an rattle from the frameless windows in my 2013 mustang.
Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

mine don't make a sound and I've been on some bumpy roads, if yours really rattle around when all the way up, I'd have it looked at. I have zero complaints. Frameless windows have been around for a long time. I've had several over the last 30 years, no reason to rattle unless something is wrong.
The issue is not when the windows are all the way up. It's when they are partly down as stated in the thread

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm well aware, '21 Bronco is far from perfect and has some "loveable" defects. That being said, had my front two windows rolled a few inches down and when I rolled over the train tracks holy toledo those things wobbled so hard. Not exaggerating it scared the crap out of me and I am surprised neither broke.

Has anyone else experienced something like this or is this a unique scenario? I think if they were further down/all the way down/all the way up its obviously no problem whatsoever, but being down just a little I had this experience.
Mine do the same thing, the first time it happened it sounded like the window was beating against each side of the door. I quickly learned all the way down or up are the two acceptable positions.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My front passenger window rattles like crazy partway down in the wind when going a decent speed. It also boings back and forth noisily when you open the front passenger door. The other ones do get stuck on the seal when you open them, but they don't rattle like the passenger one does in any of the same situations.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm well aware, '21 Bronco is far from perfect and has some "loveable" defects. That being said, had my front two windows rolled a few inches down and when I rolled over the train tracks holy toledo those things wobbled so hard. Not exaggerating it scared the crap out of me and I am surprised neither broke.

Has anyone else experienced something like this or is this a unique scenario? I think if they were further down/all the way down/all the way up its obviously no problem whatsoever, but being down just a little I had this experience.
I have this... I'm not a fan at all.. I call it the window slap and it's caused by the windows breaking the seal and no support.

Sponsored

WWABBIT

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door, Big Bend, soft top, 2013 Miata retr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Absolutely! Love my Bronco, but I jumped when I went over some small bump and the damn thing rattled like it was going to shatter. Same w passenger side front window. Up and completely down until they find a fix!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was driving this morning with one partially down and I didn't realize it until I got cold. (It was in the 40s.) I guess mine don't make that much noise?

leviticusw

Outer Banks
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis, Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the ONLY thing that bugs the shit out of me!!!
Don't get me wrong there a couple gremlins I've encountered but this is by far the most ridiculous oversight I could've imagined. If you've ever been to lets say Moab, you don't want to roll your window all the way down [because dust] but now you're SOL because it's gotta be all the way down or all the way up or you'll want to kill yourself because of the noise.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If yours makes a lot of noise, I think I would call the dealer. Mine shakes a little bit, but no noise at all. I tried it out on the way home at different levels and intentionally hit rough spots on my road. The most shaking it did was when it was just barely rolled down, but it didn't make noise.

Xycarp

Base
First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read this thread a few days ago and thought, mine are fine… no issue… then I was driving down a paved road at 35 mph and hit a pot hole with my drivers window 1/3 open. It actually scared me to the point that I slammed on the breaks.

As is, no way I can drive that way even on roads.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WWABBIT

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door, Big Bend, soft top, 2013 Miata retr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If yours makes a lot of noise, I think I would call the dealer. Mine shakes a little bit, but no noise at all. I tried it out on the way home at different levels and intentionally hit rough spots on my road. The most shaking it did was when it was just barely rolled down, but it didn't make noise.
So, good question -- I have not yet (I hate my dealer - another story), but curious if anyone else has yet?

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well the passenger side partially down shook violently at 140mph down the front stretch at VIR. :p Sometimes going over railroad tracks or bumps mine would shake a good bit.

I noticed my passenger door window has a slight rattle when opening the door. I looked around and noticed that the leading plastic piece on the door, where the window slides through, is not as flush as on the Driver's side. I'll edit this post with some pics in a few.

Driver’s side (no gap)
Ford Bronco VIOLENT Window Rattle 1787FE52-FE72-485D-AD6B-FFAD563A8957

Passenger side (gap)
Ford Bronco VIOLENT Window Rattle FF42CB71-0A44-4B06-86D0-9BF23DDFBAFD

Last edited:

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When the windows on my vehicle are down 3/4 of an inch or so, there is a rattle on a rough surfac but if I lower them amother inch or so, there is no problem. I found that out while I had the windows cracked to release my cigar smoke. By the way, I think it’s kind of neat that when you open the door, the window drops about 3/8 of an inch and after you close it, it rolls back up.

Last edited:

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noted this in a Demo car from a Dealer and my first though was that people slam badly the doors at the point that the driver window has a lot of play when you touch it. Didn't like it at all but didn't think that could be an issue as I'm the kind of driver that hates people when slam doors. But now, I don't know if this is a flaw design, if so, I hope they could come with a fix for this because definitely feels like a really old car with out windows trim that just rattle a lot when you open it.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed my passenger door window has a slight rattle when opening the door. I looked around and noticed that the leading plastic piece on the door, where the window slides through, is not as flush as on the Driver's side. I'll edit this post with some pics in a few.

Driver’s side (no gap)

Passenger side (gap)
Is there any way to adjust that trim?
Sponsored