First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I noticed my passenger door window has a slight rattle when opening the door. I looked around and noticed that the leading plastic piece on the door, where the window slides through, is not as flush as on the Driver's side. I'll edit this post with some pics in a few.

Driver’s side (no gap)
1787FE52-FE72-485D-AD6B-FFAD563A8957.jpeg

Passenger side (gap)
FF42CB71-0A44-4B06-86D0-9BF23DDFBAFD.jpeg
Terrible that happened but that blue looks awesome anyway back to subject
Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is there any way to adjust that trim?
Not sure, but I’m going to take it to the dealer and talk to them about the 200,000 FordPass points I haven’t received yet too.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Terrible that happened but that blue looks awesome anyway back to subject
thank you! While it’s not fun to have to take a vehicle back for adjustments, I am a bit desensitized to it…as a Tesla owner lol. I should mention, the driver’s side door also contacts the threshold of the body and has slight rub marks in the paint.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't happen if the windows are close to halfway down or lower. Just annoying when I want to crack my windows a little

jon_henson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks 4 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drive over a set of train tracks every day going to, and leaving work. If my window is between cracked (1" down) to half way down, it rattles like crazy. To the point I feel that if you were to hit a set of whoops, with the windows just cracked, It would possibly break the window.

From years of restoring classic cars, i.e. Mustangs, Chevelles, Camaros, Novas etc, I can tell you inside the door, those cars have adjustable guides with felt pads on them, that put tension on the windows to hold them towards the cab, and against the weather strip called anti-rattle guides.

Example: https://www.camarocentral.com/1968_1969_Camaro_Door_Window_Guide_Rear_p/dwn-402.htm

For 60 year old technology, the concept still works great today on all my new restorations, and most of those cars have windows as large, or larger than my bronco.

Needless to say, I'm already working on a "fix" in my head for this on my own. If I come up with something after taking the door apart and prototyping, I'll be sure to let you all know. It does help I am a designer, and have access to a 3D printer. ;)

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the words of DJ Khaled ANOTHA 1...
Windows that shake rattle and roll, hardtops made of cardboard....

WWABBIT

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door, Big Bend, soft top, 2013 Miata retr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drive over a set of train tracks every day going to, and leaving work. If my window is between cracked (1" down) to half way down, it rattles like crazy. To the point I feel that if you were to hit a set of whoops, with the windows just cracked, It would possibly break the window.

From years of restoring classic cars, i.e. Mustangs, Chevelles, Camaros, Novas etc, I can tell you inside the door, those cars have adjustable guides with felt pads on them, that put tension on the windows to hold them towards the cab, and against the weather strip called anti-rattle guides.

Example: https://www.camarocentral.com/1968_1969_Camaro_Door_Window_Guide_Rear_p/dwn-402.htm

For 60 year old technology, the concept still works great today on all my new restorations, and most of those cars have windows as large, or larger than my bronco.

Needless to say, I'm already working on a "fix" in my head for this on my own. If I come up with something after taking the door apart and prototyping, I'll be sure to let you all know. It does help I am a designer, and have access to a 3D printer. ;)
Awesome. Waiting and hoping. I'll take it to my mechanic to hopefully replicate it before the windows cracked!

Maxer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4-door 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My front windows will shake and rattle a lot every time I open the front doors. My S550 mustang had no issues. I believe it might be poor design.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why did they choose frameless windows? That is currently one of my top complaints with the vehicle. I hate how the windows drop down and back up. They also just feel flimsy.

theslide

Big Bend
First Name
Slide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pencil me in as having the same issue with violent glass rattle while the windows are positioned anywhere from 2 inches to halfway down. Sounds like they are going to shatter even at the smallest of bumps in the road. It would be great to get a fix or solution for this before windows start shattering or failing..

Sponsored

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m just gonna sit the Bronco out for a few years. These type of issues would drive me nuts.

theslide

Big Bend
First Name
Slide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m just gonna sit the Bronco out for a few years. These type of issues would drive me nuts.
Nah..it’s totally worth it though. Pretty minor gripe overall tbh because it’ll be eventually correctable. Believe me the rest of the Bronco experience is a blast and makes up for it in spades so no biggie really..

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My violent window shake is when opening the doors. The don’t drop near fast enough and get hung up on the weather stripping. Trying to open slower makes it worse. Window reset procedure doesn’t help.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm well aware, '21 Bronco is far from perfect and has some "loveable" defects. That being said, had my front two windows rolled a few inches down and when I rolled over the train tracks holy toledo those things wobbled so hard. Not exaggerating it scared the crap out of me and I am surprised neither broke.

Has anyone else experienced something like this or is this a unique scenario? I think if they were further down/all the way down/all the way up its obviously no problem whatsoever, but being down just a little I had this experience.
I believe this is because the windows are frameless, so they don't have as much support on the sides when not fully down or up.

Probably not perfect, but it's the price we will pay for the frameless look

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My violent window shake is when opening the doors. The don’t drop near fast enough and get hung up on the weather stripping. Trying to open slower makes it worse. Window reset procedure doesn’t help.
Did you report this issue to a dealer?
Sponsored