Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, with all this waiting, constraints, hard top issues, and other things we haven't heard of yet. I'm a July 15th res, but still have no build date.

I've been doing a lot of research on the new F150 that was released this year. A fully decked out XLT is the same cost as my Bronco, and I get X Plan Pricing so comes out cheaper. Honestly, I'm trying to talk myself out of getting the F150 instead of the Bronco.

Love to hear peoples thoughts on the 2021 F150 if anyone has purchased it or am I better off waiting with my res date? I really needed a new car by end of this year....I even changed to a soft top praying I get a build date in the next month or so.
7/14 Reservation here who saw the freight train coming and I needed a vehicle for the fall time frame. Bought a F150 Sport XLT 302a package on Memorial Day weekend that I really like...a lot, but I could not kick the Bronco Drug! The hard top prep kit was key so I updated my order to soft top and I got picked up for a build date in September. So my September is retiring from the Army, moving to a new city, starting a new job, selling my brand new F150 and getting my new Bronco.
Think long and hard to know that the Bronco is out of your system. There will always be other options, even in our current climate. In the end I just could not get excited about owning an F150; maybe you can.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an F150 and will consider trading it when I can pick a Bronco off the lot. May be a few years, but I am totally happy with the F150 for now.
For the fellow that said it has no feedback, try sport mode out.
Are you driving the 2.7, 3.5, or V8? I was leaning towards the 3.5.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you driving the 2.7, 3.5, or V8? I was leaning towards the 3.5.
3.5. All around mpg is 21.3.

P.S. My son has the 2.7 in an XLT. Seems adequate, but it is not like the 3.5

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly the only thing thats drawing me to the F150 is the Comfort and potential to be able to tow a Boat. The Bronco tow capability only being 3500 pounds was plenty for what I need for right now anyways. The problem is the wait....I would get the F150 lighting, but my trust for Ford to be able to launch a vehicle on time went down the drain.

It makes me wonder also with the new news from Ford that its no longer accepting reservations if they can even get everyone that currently has one by end of 2022.
Totally agreed. I started looking at F150s, Dodge rams, Gladiators. I'll have a mustang to drive this winter and I live in Colorado......Luckily I work from home 3 days a week, so now I have to hope it doesnt snow on the other two.
I thought about the Lightning as well, but agreed, who knows when they will actually produce it. I like it but I think I would have range anxiety with a truck especially if I was towing.
https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwl9GCBhDvARIsAFunhslnHkLe_26u6k49NQSAFK-jrShswEsKDNizkHlSvgbQcwI_xkQlZhIaAlUxEALw_wcB&searchid=757864944|45440576328|34723125440|&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwl9GCBhDvARIsAFunhslnHkLe_26u6k49NQSAFK-jrShswEsKDNizkHlSvgbQcwI_xkQlZhIaAlUxEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2519!3!272517223184!e!!g!!build a ford f150&gclsrc=aw.ds&#/config/Config[|Ford|F-150|2021|1|1.|301A.W1E..E7...XLT.99D.CCAB.59R.RETAIL.55A.53A.43B.763.SS6.]
I built this...It has been on my radar for a while. The hybrid gets really good mileage and it has the 3.5...electric motor....24 mpg combined....that is nuts.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No dealer markup? Anything you can buy today at MSRP or less is a good deal with this vehicle shortage thing happening now.

That said if you buy the F-150 you will just be another grain of sand on the beach...

Sponsored

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly the only thing thats drawing me to the F150 is the Comfort and potential to be able to tow a Boat. The Bronco tow capability only being 3500 pounds was plenty for what I need for right now anyways. The problem is the wait....I would get the F150 lighting, but my trust for Ford to be able to launch a vehicle on time went down the drain.

It makes me wonder also with the new news from Ford that its no longer accepting reservations if they can even get everyone that currently has one by end of 2022.
Love my 21 F150! Everything on it is vastly improved over previous gen. Thankfully I was able to convince my wife she wanted to daily a Sasquatched Bronco, so I get both once ours is pulled from Dirt Mountain... (she works from home and puts maybe 20 miles a week on her car and liked the idea of having a convertible). You can't go wrong with either choice in my opinion.

20210727_204535.jpg

20210727_204359.jpg

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I follow your thinking, kind of. I am planning on the Bronco then save and buy an F150 a year to two later. My wife does not complain but looks at me like I am a little off. I want at truck so we have something comfy to travel in and has room to take stuff as we near retirement.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I LOVE my brothers F150 and if I could have fit one in my garage I would have already bought a Space White XLT FX4 with the 3.5 and high package.

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I LOVE my brothers F150 and if I could have fit one in my garage I would have already bought a Space White XLT FX4 with the 3.5 and high package.
I actually really do like them myself. But I got some good news last week and got my build week of 9/20! I guess switching to a soft top really works regardless of what your other options are. Perfect timing!
Sponsored