Sponsored

Washington State: What dealer are you using?

broncojimmy

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmm, so thinking I may switch to Mullinax Ford in Olympia. Emailed Harris Ford (where my reservation is at) earlier in the week and have not heard anything. I get it has only been a few days so will wait until Monday. But that coupled with the in-person experience I had some weeks ago, when getting an oil change for our F-150, does not leave me feeling super enthused about keeping my reservation there.

Mullinax is sounding good from what I'm reading. I would be open to going any where in WA really. Possibly OR but not sure I want the "headache" of an out-of-state purchase...
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmm, so thinking I may switch to Mullinax Ford in Olympia. Emailed Harris Ford (where my reservation is at) earlier in the week and have not heard anything. I get it has only been a few days so will wait until Monday. But that coupled with the in-person experience I had some weeks ago, when getting an oil change for our F-150, does not leave me feeling super enthused about keeping my reservation there.

Mullinax is sounding good from what I'm reading. I would be open to going any where in WA really. Possibly OR but not sure I want the "headache" of an out-of-state purchase...
My recommendation is to find a nearby dealership that has a lower local sales tax rate. My understanding is that WA bases sales tax on dealerships location and not registration address. Seattle, Bellevue, Renton and Lynnwood are all around 10% whereas Burlington, Chehalis and Pullman are in the 8.2-8.5% range. That difference is big when you start talking $40k-$50k purchase prices. Some people think Use tax applies when you register your vehicle, but I donā€™t think it does based on my readings of the Department of Revenue literature. For me, if Iā€™m wrong Iā€™ve wasted a couple hours of research and some additional drive time and Iā€™m okay with that to try and save some money.

Michiewy

Black Diamond
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy SS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My reservation is with Ben Medina, with Mullinax Ford. It is who I was paired with, but I'm satisfied with it.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been a while since I looked at this thread - & it's still a mystery what exactly local dealers are going to do. Through default I was forced to into Epic Ford in Everett on my reservation. Absolutely no communication from them & what they have said to others is vague at best. I smell a bunch a slime-balls. I guess wait a little more & see if anyone is going to match Grainger after B&P is finally on... *might* give Mullinax one chance to match Grainger, but Just for the fact that I WON'T feel like I've been bent over & violated is reason enough to switch to Grainger (which is the plan now) regardless of travel expenses.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is with Bill Pierre in Seattle. Have not heard anything from them but really it's early days. I am sure they move a lot of cars so selling some Broncos is probably not high on their radar right now. It will be but not quite yet when even build and price is not out. I have never owned a Ford. Reviews of Bill Pierre seem OK.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thought I would chime in that i've had a few conversations with Bellevue Ford regarding my reservation and asking some extra questions.

It helps that the sales manager i'm talking with knows that we purchased a Ranger from him in 2019 and every so often i'll roll through with the '61 T-bird to pick up Ranger parts.

However, he has told me that they know the 2021 paint sheets are in the mail and once they are in he'll let me borrow them to take videos.

Also, he has flagged that if anything cactus gray comes in he will LMK. As the only car that could possibly come in right now that is cactus gray (right now) is Bronco Sport, those are all basically just sent from Ford and they don't know what they're getting until it's literally on their doorstep.

IssaquahBrian

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer, 2006 F250 SD, 2017 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked Bowen Scarf. They were quick to say no ADM and have been great to work with on other Fords I have owned. Curious if they will be sending the cool swag like the Texas dealer is though.

OP
OP
Walrus

Walrus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 2020 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I picked Bowen Scarf. They were quick to say no ADM and have been great to work with on other Fords I have owned. Curious if they will be sending the cool swag like the Texas dealer is though.

I also ended up switching to Bowen Scarf!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This says a LOT about the Issaquah Ford dealership if "IssaquahBrian" won't go there!!!!

Full disclosure: I'm the guy who has had nothing but horrific experiences dealing with Issaquah Ford and wouldn't give them my business if they were the only dealership in the state.

ManikMonday

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 G500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My Update from Ford Kirkland... Looks like they will not do ADM on reservations and honor X-Plan if available. So for the time being planning on staying with them as they are close to house and would be a good time to start building a relationship with the local dealer (never owned a Ford before).

Email from Sales Rep (He has been great)
We agreed with Ford that we would not be adding any mark up over the MSRP for the reservation/orders placed. We may do this to any that make it to the lot that become available that were not already spoken for under the order system.

I was told as long as we have the proper information submitted at the time of purchase, and it shows up on the Ford Vincent program, we will honor plan pricing.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved with Bill Pierre for no particular reason other than the reservation process paired me with them because they are closest. I read on a forum somewhere that they are not doing a dealer markup, but I have not contacted them myself. I am just waiting for the build and price to go live so I can get a firm idea of at least MSRP for what I want.
They were my original dealer as well. I'm planning to switch to Bickford Ford because I had emailed them about potentially switching and they responded with an email and phone call right away whereas Pierre I've yet to hear a single thing from them...

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have a reservation with Bill Pierre, but due to the lack of communication (I'm talking zero communication) since I reserved the Bronco, I will most likely be changing to Bickford Ford as they communicated to be pretty quickly after just *thinking* about moving my reservation there.

However, I'm still open to other dealers in the WA state area. I here Mullinax Ford might be a good option too. I'm just wanting to get some sentiment from other WA state buyers on what dealer they're going with.

I'd prefer to keep the reservation in WA state to form a relationship with a local dealership in the event of repairs/maintenance and would rather not have to go out of state to someplace like Granger if it was possible...

Also, is there a WA state buyer group within this forum or elsewhere?

OP
OP
Walrus

Walrus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 2020 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I currently have a reservation with Bill Pierre, but due to the lack of communication (I'm talking zero communication) since I reserved the Bronco, I will most likely be changing to Bickford Ford as they communicated to be pretty quickly after just *thinking* about moving my reservation there.

However, I'm still open to other dealers in the WA state area. I here Mullinax Ford might be a good option too. I'm just wanting to get some sentiment from other WA state buyers on what dealer they're going with.

I'd prefer to keep the reservation in WA state to form a relationship with a local dealership in the event of repairs/maintenance and would rather not have to go out of state to someplace like Granger if it was possible...

Also, is there a WA state buyer group within this forum or elsewhere?
Puget Sound Bronco Brigade is the forum!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I contacted Dwayne Lanes Skagit Ford through their website and I got a response back pretty much immediately. In response to X-plan and dealer add-ons, this was used car managerā€™s response:

Thank you for contacting Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford. We would be happy to help you with your x-plan from Ford, also we do not add equipment to the vehicle unless you request on purchase. If i can be of any help please reach out to me or Michael (New Car Manager). Thank you for your time. Marv.

Iā€˜m going to follow-up with a phone call later this week and likely switch to them. I appreciate the straight forward answer and not dodging questions.

Also, I reached out to them because they are based in Burlington with low tax rate (8.5%) as Iā€™m still under the belief that sales tax is based on dealer address and they are only 45 minutes away from me.

SJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 440i, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I went with Ford of Kirkland due to it's proximity, but the whole saving money via less local sales tax has got me looking. Ford of Kirkland has replied to my emails, said no ADM, accept X plan, blah blah blah . . . BUT the sales tax would save me $720, based on 10.1% vs 8.5% sales tax for $45,000, making the drive up to Burlington a no-brainer. Any downsides to my thoughts outside of an hour drive north?
Sponsored