Sponsored

Washington State: What dealer are you using?

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with Ford of Kirkland due to it's proximity, but the whole saving money via less local sales tax has got me looking. Ford of Kirkland has replied to my emails, said no ADM, accept X plan, blah blah blah . . . BUT the sales tax would save me $720, based on 10.1% vs 8.5% sales tax for $45,000, making the drive up to Burlington a no-brainer. Any downsides to my thoughts outside of an hour drive north?
I think the sales tax is based on where you register it.

If that's not the case and the Ford dealership in Burlington is good I may consider this...
Sponsored

Dzrt1st

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch, Toyota Tundra, RX7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the sales tax is based on where you register it.

If that's not the case and the Ford dealership in Burlington is good I may consider this...
Sales tax in Washington is based on the dealer location unless you buy from out of state then it is based on where you register it. All else being equal, it definitely can save you some money going with a lower sales tax dealer location.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with Ford of Kirkland due to it's proximity, but the whole saving money via less local sales tax has got me looking. Ford of Kirkland has replied to my emails, said no ADM, accept X plan, blah blah blah . . . BUT the sales tax would save me $720, based on 10.1% vs 8.5% sales tax for $45,000, making the drive up to Burlington a no-brainer. Any downsides to my thoughts outside of an hour drive north?
I just went to Dwayne Lane’s Skagit Ford and talked with Mike and Marv (new and used car managers) for about 20 minutes about the Bronco. They were very pleasant to talk to and they are excited about the new Bronco. They are honoring any plan that Ford offers on the Bronco, no “required” dealer add-ons, no additional deposit when ordering, and the tax rate for Burlington is lowest in the immediate region at 8.5%. Mike says that he has heard about some reservation holders not getting the Ford emails, so he is working on contacting all the reservation holders to make sure they are aware of the new details Ford has announced in the recent email. He says the dealership has around 50 reservations right now. I’ll be switching my reservation to them shortly.

Truc4891

Wildtrak
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16’ Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had originally placed my order through Lakewood Ford but haven’t been able to get any answers to my emails. I switched to Titus Will Port Orchard Ford and so far so good. I have already talked to a salesperson and have verified they will be at m.s.r.p. And they will honor X plan pricing. Glad I made the switch.

bronco247

Wildtrak
First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Accent
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a post from another thread wherein a dealer from Portland, OR is offering $1000 under Invoice. Since, it is only a 3 hr-drive, it should be worth it. I have attached the image that was posted earlier by Duck from our group.

Ford Bronco Washington State: What dealer are you using? 1601917940969

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is a post from another thread wherein a dealer from Portland, OR is offering $1000 under Invoice. Since, it is only a 3 hr-drive, it should be worth it. I have attached the image that was posted earlier by Duck from our group.

Just need to consider that you will pay tax rate based on your address and the local tax rate when you register. If you buy in-state you pay local sales tax rate of the dealership. $1000 below invoice is a really good deal, but driving a couple extra hours is also part of the equation. I personally won’t be trading in and I’m on xplan and buying at a 1% lower tax rate from my address. Makes sense to stay local for me even if it’s a slightly higher purchase price.

bronco247

Wildtrak
First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Accent
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just need to consider that you will pay tax rate based on your address and the local tax rate when you register. If you buy in-state you pay local sales tax rate of the dealership. $1000 below invoice is a really good deal, but driving a couple extra hours is also part of the equation. I personally won’t be trading in and I’m on xplan and buying at a 1% lower tax rate from my address. Makes sense to stay local for me even if it’s a slightly higher purchase price.
I'll be moving to OR soon so plan to take it from there.

bleedinblue1973

Outer Banks
First Name
Melisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Saleen Yellow Label
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved at Lakewood Ford which was the default dealer for me. After 10 days of no response from them I switched to Mullinax in Olympia. Got an email from “Ryan” at Mullinax within 10 minutes of hanging up with Ford rep that did the transfer. Ryan stated in his email that they wouldn’t be marking up Broncos. Also from their website FWIW-
  • You can buy with confidence and put your mind at ease when you shop at our dealership thanks to our Up Front® Pricing. You'll never have to haggle with our non-negotiable prices.
  • The price you see is what you'll pay at Mullinax -- we don't spring dealer fees on you at the last minute.
That's weird, my reservation is with Lakewood Ford as well. Jake, the sales manager, reached out to me right away and explained the process. They are honoring MSRP and they also have a lifetime warranty for no additional cost, so that made me feel good.

Sponsored

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've "talked" to Sound Ford and thats where my reservation is through, but they make me nervous as they won't answer any questions and when I spoke to someone on the phone from them, the person wasn't very nice and seemed like she didn't know a dang thing.

I reached out to Bowen Scarff in Kent and they are supposedly getting back to me
Soon. But I was curious, what's your plan? Have you heard about a good deal from a Washington dealer?

Edit: I just heard back from Bowen Scarff and they said "We will be one of the only dealerships not charging over MSRP, we are also including our Lifetime Powertrain Warranty as well on the Broncos :)"

I originally had my reservation at Bill Pierre but heard very little from them even when I reached out asking questions. Based on a recommendation from another member here I also reached out to Bowen Scarff. I can not believe how transparent and easily accessible they have been. With their power train warranty and no ADMs I've been telling everyone that will listen that they should give them a call at the very least.

broncojimmy

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just went to Dwayne Lane’s Skagit Ford and talked with Mike and Marv (new and used car managers) for about 20 minutes about the Bronco. They were very pleasant to talk to and they are excited about the new Bronco. They are honoring any plan that Ford offers on the Bronco, no “required” dealer add-ons, no additional deposit when ordering, and the tax rate for Burlington is lowest in the immediate region at 8.5%. Mike says that he has heard about some reservation holders not getting the Ford emails, so he is working on contacting all the reservation holders to make sure they are aware of the new details Ford has announced in the recent email. He says the dealership has around 50 reservations right now. I’ll be switching my reservation to them shortly.
Switching to Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford is (at this point) one of my top two picks. I sent an email asking about pricing and letting them know I am searching for a dealership to switch my existing reservation to. They confirmed the honoring of Ford pricing and not a "second sticker" dealership. So that goes along with what other folks have been communicated.

Although the person that emailed me (Michael) advised that I would need to cancel my existing reservation, and then create a new one with their dealership. (Which I'm thinking, uh no way I'm going to cancel a "day 1" reservation.) I emailed him a quote from my Ford email that stated I could change the dealership of my reservation and nothing else about the reservation would change, to provide additional info. He replied and agreed that it looks like a simple change of dealership.

Glad that there's so much information on this forum and from folks about the process (and Ford's email information). Some folks might not know and actually cancel a reservation and make a new one... (that would not be good). Not sure if Michael = Mike, but he was friendly and responsive. I think it's either going to be Dwayne Layne's Skagit Ford or Mullinax. I like the idea of saving a bit in sales tax, and Skagit is a little closer drive than Olympia. Although I would drive to any location in WA if needed =)

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a .5% "Privilege Tax" in OR. for all buyers.

Last edited:

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are tracking this for the Western Union. Link below for latest and other dealers that may come on line.

Western US buyers group

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Switching to Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford is (at this point) one of my top two picks. I sent an email asking about pricing and letting them know I am searching for a dealership to switch my existing reservation to. They confirmed the honoring of Ford pricing and not a "second sticker" dealership. So that goes along with what other folks have been communicated.

Although the person that emailed me (Michael) advised that I would need to cancel my existing reservation, and then create a new one with their dealership. (Which I'm thinking, uh no way I'm going to cancel a "day 1" reservation.) I emailed him a quote from my Ford email that stated I could change the dealership of my reservation and nothing else about the reservation would change, to provide additional info. He replied and agreed that it looks like a simple change of dealership.

Glad that there's so much information on this forum and from folks about the process (and Ford's email information). Some folks might not know and actually cancel a reservation and make a new one... (that would not be good). Not sure if Michael = Mike, but he was friendly and responsive. I think it's either going to be Dwayne Layne's Skagit Ford or Mullinax. I like the idea of saving a bit in sales tax, and Skagit is a little closer drive than Olympia. Although I would drive to any location in WA if needed =)
Mike is the new car sales manager. He might have been a bit confused when he talked to you, but when we talked a few days ago, he said I just need to call Ford and make the switch. I knew that and he knows now too!

I think I’ve read that Mulinax is honoring plan deals and no dealer add-ons as well, so I think they are likely a fine choice. 9.3% vs 8.5% tax rate though.
Sponsored