First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So reading the Q&A from Super Celebration West. This comes from the brand manager.

The interior is pretty much production as shown. The plastic, the finishes, etc... what you see is pretty much what you will get.
This was on the Badlands model. Which is already known has washout interior. But if you look at the pics of the rear seat backs they are carpet.

Ford Bronco Washout interior is a fail!!! 26ACFF08-A0C3-4DE7-84C5-565E123D7A54

How can you label this as washout interior if the whole interior isn't truly able ti be washed out.

I must say I'm highly disappointed. The washout interior was one key feature I wanted. And was the sole reason I was going with the Black Diamond. Guess Ford just made my decision to go with the Big Bend.
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the idea was that if you get into your car with mud on you or your shoes you can wash out the floor and wipe off the seats, not to take the hose to the whole interior. I gave up on the wash out interior long ago when i realized I could probably get some good rubber mats and accomplish the same thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly doubt this is final. I refuse to believe this is final. This is not final.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It may not be standard carpet.

I've had a Bedrug in a few trucks...It's soft AF and you can drop a leaky transmission and engine block on it, leave it there for 500 miles, then it just rinses right out. I had a muddy ass ATV I put in my last truck every weekend, the rest of the time it was open to the sun and rain. Looked perfect when I sold it, and it was 10 years old. It will not mold or mildew either. It's plastic based.

I'm not saying that's what's on these seats, but it's possible.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are marine grade boat carpets and no reason why Ford could not have used that for the seat back which is what we may be seeing in that picture. I am not concerned.

After all the interior has to withstand possible rain showers and Ford is fully aware of that for a vehicle that will be going top less frequently. ?

Sponsored

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, how much washout capability do you need? This Bronco is with the leather seats. You'd have to be crazy to spray water all over these.

I'd expect to see a slightly different design on the vinyl interior.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In jeeps the carpet is easily removable and you have to do so in order to remove the drain plugs. Have no idea why someone would take a hose to the entire interior though. I have never had mud on the back of my seats that are folded down in the wife's suv and I have (2) 70lb dogs that enjoy water, snow and mud. I have the giant rubber cargo mat that I just pull out and rinse off and stick it back in.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So reading the Q&A from Super Celebration West. This comes from the brand manager.

This was on the Badlands model. Which is already known has washout interior. But if you look at the pics of the rear seat backs they are carpet.

Ford Bronco Washout interior is a fail!!! IMG_2433.PNG

How can you label this as washout interior if the whole interior isn't truly able ti be washed out.

I must say I'm highly disappointed. The washout interior was one key feature I wanted. And was the sole reason I was going with the Black Diamond. Guess Ford just made my decision to go with the Big Bend.
Oh, good Lord.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may not be standard carpet.

I've had a Bedrug in a few trucks...It's soft AF and you can drop a leaky transmission and engine block on it, leave it there for 500 miles, then it just rinses right out. I had a muddy ass ATV I put in my last truck every weekend, the rest of the time it was open to the sun and rain. Looked perfect when I sold it, and it was 10 years old. It will not mold or mildew either. It's plastic based.

I'm not saying that's what's on these seats, but it's possible.
Kinda off-topic. But how durable was the bed rug? Did it hold ATF stink? What about red clay?
My truck bed is dented and the spray in liner is ripped up in a few places.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you want to take a hose to the entire inside of your vehicle, just get an old junker. lol.

"What?!! The instrument panel isn't submersible?!! FAIL, FORD, LMAO!"

It's not a matter of taking a hose to the interior. I highly doubt most people would do that anyway. It's getting caught in a downpour. It's spilling something that may stain. It all about easy cleanup and maintenance. Fish guts from a day of surf fishing. Wipe it up. Dog takes a shit. Wipe it up. Muddy gear thrown in the back. Wipe it up.
Sponsored