First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Miata/2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can see these plugs leaking if spraying directly with a hose but just water splashing up doesn't seem right...I haven't had any issues. Does water drain out w/ the plug installed?
For all the questions:
Yes I cleaned out the drain and then reinstalled it making sure it was fitting correctly.
No I never spray out the interior. Water definitely can drain out with the plug closed as it had to be actively sprayed to get that pic. I physically watched the water start coming thru the plug and drain back out again during the test. Water is definitely able to come thru and leave with that plug installed.
Spraying it with the hose was done at a relatively low pressure, and was way less messy than when I experienced it off-road. Bombing thru a puddle at 30 or so made muddy water spray all over the dash. I felt droplets hit me in the drivers seat as well as soaking the back of my passengers legs. I might have a video of it somewhere but I’m not sure
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all the questions:
Yes I cleaned out the drain and then reinstalled it making sure it was fitting correctly.
No I never spray out the interior. Water definitely can drain out with the plug closed as it had to be actively sprayed to get that pic. I physically watched the water start coming thru the plug and drain back out again during the test. Water is definitely able to come thru and leave with that plug installed.
Spraying it with the hose was done at a relatively low pressure, and was way less messy than when I experienced it off-road. Bombing thru a puddle at 30 or so made muddy water spray all over the dash. I felt droplets hit me in the drivers seat as well as soaking the back of my passengers legs. I might have a video of it somewhere but I’m not sure
Only thing else I can think of is the opening in the rubber floor is too big for the plug to seal properly. Maybe try a rubber washer between the plug and floor?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine definitely hold water. Might not be air tight and drain out over time. But, when closed I can build up a nice puddle until I twist and open the plug.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It may leak, but do you rinse your interior? Could be water hiding somewhere that splashed up. I would personally never wash the interior. Just a spray bottle. Look at the under-seat vents. Tell me how water isn’t going in or around those and under the floor. Even around the edges barely holds water back under the plastic door sill trim.
It is definitely not a "wash out" interior. Under seat vents for the moar door, but the floor is open around each seat mount. And the sides are just tabs that latch and hold it in place. Bigger concern is the channel that runs parallel to the door sill where all the electrical harnesses are run seems to be the deepest part of the drain channels preventing excess to flow to the drains.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is definitely not a "wash out" interior. Under seat vents for the moar door, but the floor is open around each seat mount. And the sides are just tabs that latch and hold it in place. Bigger concern is the channel that runs parallel to the door sill where all the electrical harnesses are run seems to be the deepest part of the drain channels preventing excess to flow to the drains.
You are correct. It’s just a wet/lightly rinse floor. Not a wash out floor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Copper Red NC

Copper Red NC

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Miata/2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For everyone having a hard time believing it doesn’t shoot in lol. This was probably around 30. So moving decent but not like absolutely bombing. The first time i had this problem I was probably doing 40-50ish thru the puddle. Nothing came in thru any of the other drains.

Hopefully this attached vid works. You can see it splash in at the very beginning and end of the clip.

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would say that's a faulty plug.

Only time I've seen inside the cab was when I forgot to close the plug.

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’d just throw a piece of gorilla tape over it when off roading and remove when cleaning. A roll will probably last your 20 years for this purpose!

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully this attached vid works. You can see it splash in at the very beginning and end of the clip.
Some people pay a lot of money for this kind of treatment in Vegas. You could charge for rides - call it the "Golden Shower Offroad Experience" or some such.

You, sir, have stumbled upon an absolute gold mine.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My first reaction when checking out the wash out interior was the same concern. No way water and debris wasn't going to collect in those lower lying edges and stay there !
Sponsored