www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Big Boss

I didn't really need to hear that the gauge is optimistic......LOL

I'm driving so slow that blue hairs in Buicks are whipping past me.
Counterpoint, I've found it to be accurate within 0.5 gal whenever I compared to hand calcs.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know if you have a bronco you generally don't care to to much about gas mileage.... But what if it was easy to get a bit more out of it? Wouldn't you want to maximize what you could with little effort? This is what I tried At least before I go ruin it all again with the lift. Lol.

So before. Running 33-34 psi in my tires, (Toyo Open Country CT and fuel Shok wheels, about .7lb heavier than the badlands optional wheels that came on it.), And the stock air filter. Running usually around the posted speed limits. Normal driving. 17.8 mpg was my average over about 2500 miles.
The changes, added 5 psi to the tires. Now 38-39psi. Changed out my air filter to the Whipple high flow one, literally easiest filter change ever. Did the tires about a week before changing the air filter this past Saturday morning. Still driving the same if not a little faster on avg. Now averaging 20.2 mpg this month so far.... So I'll keep tracking. We'll see what happens now that gas prices are suddenly shooting for the moon. I'll probably drive nicer and more conservatively as well. Lol

What have you guys done, if anything?! 👀🙃
Drive below 70. Makes a huge difference on the sas. I can get close to 20 running in the mid 60’s

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, literally a 12mpg increase. Rarely uses any boost at 60mpg. I'm also behind semi trailers part of the time, which helps out some. When I cruise at 85mph in freezing temps, I drops all the way down to 13mpg.
Still waiting for that photo with over 100 miles on the trip of this 28mpg

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Counterpoint, I've found it to be accurate within 0.5 gal whenever I compared to hand calcs.
Same, even less variation, although I stopped checking after 2 tries yielded the same less than 2% variance.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still waiting for that photo with over 100 miles on the trip of this 28mpg
Who said anything about a 100 mile trip. This is literally just the 40mile highway stretch of my commute. Cruising steady. When I do 80 or above I've gotten as low as 14mpg over that stretch. If it's nice temps and I got a semi trailer to draft behind, I've managed 28mpg over that stretch of the trip.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who said anything about a 100 mile trip. This is literally just the 40mile highway stretch of my commute. Cruising steady. When I do 80 or above I've gotten as low as 14mpg over that stretch. If it's nice temps and I got a semi trailer to draft behind, I've managed 28mpg over that stretch of the trip.
Oh so super repeatable 🙄

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well leaving auto stop on didn't seem to make any difference. Just filled up and 21.55 mpg which is in line with what I normally get. Did have one extra highway trip that might have skewed the results tho. Going to try it again this time in eco mode and see what happens.
Well just finished a tank with eco and auto stop on. Cruise control as much as possible and coasting. It made a difference. This tank got 25.6 mpg on the on board computer and hand 25.55 calculated. Mobil 89 octane. Went 424 miles on this tank, usually in the 350 range. Had I ran it down to E would have eclipsed 500 miles for the tank.

Ford Bronco Ways to eek out better gas mileage?! 20220323_071639

Ford Bronco Ways to eek out better gas mileage?! 20220323_071644

Sponsored
OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well just finished a tank with eco and auto stop on. Cruise control as much as possible and coasting. It made a difference. This tank got 25.6 mpg on the on board computer and hand 25.55 calculated. Mobil 89 octane. Went 424 miles on this tank, usually in the 350 range. Had I ran it down to E would have eclipsed 500 miles for the tank.

Noice. I'm getting a bit better mileage this tank after my first oil change. To amsoil... It was even better then I couldn't resist stepping on it and putting in in normal mode for a couple days.... But still over 20mpg this tank. I'll try harder next time I promise lol

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

recently took a road trip from St. Louis to Denver. with 40lbs of air in the tires cold, eco mode, cruise, and 65-70mph speed limit. Setting the cruise 5 over.

Got 18.9 thru MO. not bad in my book for the speed.

KS murdered the MPG. Heavy winds with wind adv for the area. Moved the overall avg down to 14.2. Had to drop speed to 77mph or below (75mph) just to get over 200miles per tank.

Boost guage went from 0.0 -1.x in MO for that leg to 6-7 and in gusts up to 13. KS extra sucked.

My avg around home for work commute and in town driving has been 17.6 with 36psi in tires in normal mode.

21 badlands 2.3 with 7spd.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Noice. I'm getting a bit better mileage this tank after my first oil change. To amsoil... It was even better then I couldn't resist stepping on it and putting in in normal mode for a couple days.... But still over 20mpg this tank. I'll try harder next time I promise lol
Yeah I didn't really change the way I drove to much accept I did accelerate a bit slower lol. Still had the top open like 3 or 4 days last tank

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lot of posts in the last day or two about MPGs. This thread didn’t prompt anything. This vehicle is no different than any other. Don’t drive aggressively, reduce the rolling mass, set the vehicle to eco mode. There’s already other posts about maximizing MPGs. But I digress.
I’ve seen two independent sources showed eco mode reduced fuel economy by about .5 MPG

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gas pedal . . . egg . . . foot.

However, Im Not sure if the 2.3 and 2.7 have the same issues as the 3.5 turbo, but that engine has taught there is some wisdom in exercising the turbo now and then. Too much eco and not enough boost leads to issues with the squirrel cage (my bad memory has me out on the sticky wastegate limb).
Sponsored