nameuser

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Halfcab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The other day I was saying to myself, "There is a little more wind noise than I expected in my FE." Of course I was going about 85 MPH in a vehicle with a removable top . Contrast my new Bronco with my latest project, a 1961 Mercury M100. For those of you not from the great white North pickups sold in Canada from about 1946 to 1968 were badged as Mercuries, not Fords.
I drove the M100 today. It has non power drum brakes that at least 3 of the 4 currently try to slow me down. The steering wheel is about 3 feet in diameter, (which is not quite big enough to gain the required leverage to turn the front wheels). The three on the tree trans grinds a little if you don't finesse it correctly, and the clutch is what we called in the 60's, a "racing clutch", which means that it almost takes both feet to depress it. The clutch is ok for shifting but if you need to hold it in at a light you are quicky looking for neutral.
I love the old merc but my "to do" list includes an auto trans, power discs all around, and power steering.
On one hand vehicles have come a long, long way...........but we were promised flying cars by now.

Oh....It also leaks oil...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Defiantly or definitely?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My feelings exactly. My neck is sore from shaking my head side to side every time I read a post on the this board concerning some trivial moan.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you man! All I need to do is take my 1971 FJ40 out for a cruise to realize that the Bronco is a spaceship. Giant steering wheel with no PS, terrible brakes, 3 on the tree with clutch as you describe, wanders all over and doesn't like going over 45-50 mph, all the while jarring your kidneys. No sound deadener - hell, no carpet even. No AC and the heat . . . well, technically it gets warmer than ambient temp but it never makes you feel warm in winter.

Love 'em both though, but definitely feel spoiled when in the Bronco šŸ˜‚

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other day I was saying to myself, "There is a little more wind noise than I expected in my FE." Of course I was going about 85 MPH in a vehicle with a removable top . Contrast my new Bronco with my latest project, a 1961 Mercury M100. For those of you not from the great white North pickups sold in Canada from about 1946 to 1968 were badged as Mercuries, not Fords.
I drove the M100 today. It has non power drum brakes that at least 3 of the 4 currently try to slow me down. The steering wheel is about 3 feet in diameter, (which is not quite big enough to gain the required leverage to turn the front wheels). The three on the tree trans grinds a little if you don't finesse it correctly, and the clutch is what we called in the 60's, a "racing clutch", which means that it almost takes both feet to depress it. The clutch is ok for shifting but if you need to hold it in at a light you are quicky looking for neutral.
I love the old merc but my "to do" list includes an auto trans, power discs all around, and power steering.
On one hand vehicles have come a long, long way...........but we were promised flying cars by now.

Oh....It also leaks oil...
Finally somebody said it! The base 6g has more than a fully optioned first gen.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was thinking this today as I drove my Mustang (ā€˜16 GT convertible with performance suspension) over the sierras (ebbetts and Sonora passes) comparing it to my ā€œupgradedā€ ā€˜28 model A (not to mention the econo boxes, suvs, trucks I passed just cruising with the wife)....

Last edited:
Reactions: bek

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is our fourth Bronco and its light years ahead of the other 3 (which were all in VERY good condition) in all aspects, except the SOUND.

I love driving this thing!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is our fourth Bronco and its light years ahead of the other 3 (which were all in VERY good condition) in all aspects, except the SOUND.

I love driving this thing!
So glad to hear how much you love your Bronco, Roger!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, to feel better about your Bronco, simply compare it to some other thing half a century oldā€¦:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So, whatā€™s your title at Ford? VP of Marketing or Warranty Repairsā€¦
Sponsored