Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still prefer automatics but I bought my 2-door Base with the 7-speed out of curiosity and also as an experiment as I've documented elsewhere. I love this thing, it's fun to drive, easy to shift, works awesome off-road and that Crawl gear is a boon to those of us who didn't get Sasquatch or the upgraded transfer case. It gives the stripper Base model something to brag about and is very helpful when trying to work through the technical stuff without all the fancy upgrades the more expensive Broncos have. I've had mine for 10 months and about 15K miles so far, with a broad range of uses including quite a bit of off-road from mild to semi-wild, long-distance cross country trips, and daily commuting on congested Southern California freeways.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On a hill, the brakes hold for a moment or two as you are releasing the clutch, PLUS ...
any time you let out on the clutch SLOWLY , it will pick up the revs and you can easily launch from a dead stop without touching the gas.
Add those two together and you'll find that this thing is a dream to drive in what may have been slightly more challenging scenarios for "some".

Day 1 , I thought it was impossible to stall. I let the wife drive, who is competent with a stick, she agreed ... EASY to learn.
THEN, I let the daughter attempt to learn how to drive a manual ... she killed it about 20 times in about an hour, LOL.

ā¤ ā¤ ā¤

Can almost guarantee it was one of the young engineers who doesn't either offroad or drive a manual.
A nice hand lever manual version would be nice, but I think that would take away some of the other automatic brake functions, just guessing, like the hill start assist, etc.
HoosierClutch killed by HoosierDaughter.

Who'sTheIrony!

OP
OP
Bigmatt

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hate to admit this, but I haven't taken the cover off my FJ40 for the 6 months I've owned the Bronco. I just love driving this damn thing everywhere! My legs cringe at the thought of the old clutch and manual brakes on the FJ40 šŸ˜‚
I need to see a pic of that FJ40!!!! Love those!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Bigmatt

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP
OP
Bigmatt

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hereā€™s both of mine. TJ is in the process of restoration and repair from 25 years plus me owning it since I was 18 (wasnā€™t always so kind to it)

BA55C564-4DFE-49F4-8187-22C819384EB5.jpeg
Sponsored