Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I was only questioning why anyone would ever need it. But I suppose there are people out there who can't steer and work the pedals at the same time. Not sure why they're driving in the first place, but yeah, let's encourage them to take on dangerous, technical, steep and rocky terrain because the car actually drives itself LOL.
I don't know why this is a difficult concept to understand. It lets you focus on steering the vehicle in complex terrain. Why would anyone use cruise control on the highway - you can just press the accelerator and do the same thing.
Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know why this is a difficult concept to understand. It lets you focus on steering the vehicle in complex terrain. Why would anyone use cruise control on the highway - you can just press the accelerator and do the same thing.
LOL...I'm not having any difficulty understanding how it works. I just can't see why anyone would want it or feel like they need it. The Bronco performs perfectly fine in downhills just using Crawler gear. I've used it extensively, in more hairy situations than most will ever go. Yeah you need to pay attention to what you're doing, and occasionally need to bump the throttle or the brake depending on the terrain, but it's really not that hard to do. And if you can't do that, you probably shouldn't be on those types of trails. But to each their own. Carry on.

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LOL...I'm not having any difficulty understanding how it works. I just can't see why anyone would want it or feel like they need it. The Bronco performs perfectly fine in downhills just using Crawler gear. I've used it extensively, in more hairy situations than most will ever go. Yeah you need to pay attention to what you're doing, and occasionally need to bump the throttle or the brake depending on the terrain, but it's really not that hard to do. And if you can't do that, you probably shouldn't be on those types of trails. But to each their own. Carry on.
I completely get what you're saying. I don't see many occasions that would require me to use it. like you, I'll use the crawler gear. but I can see someone like my wife using it. She's terrified of steep inclines, almost to the point of freezing up. When we stay in a cabin in the mountains, she usually closes her eyes. However, there have been times due to the number of people in our party that she had to drive on those steep roads. And she isn't as good at driving a stick as I am. I can definitely see her engaging this, to make it easier on her.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may have missed this in the previous posts, sorry if duplicate, but

Hill descent will also apply brakes, to each of the 4 wheels individually, if necessary.

Nobody can do this manually.

Am I correct? 🤷‍♂️

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

didn't even know hill decent control was available on the bronco... I have honestly just put it in 4L and crawler gear to control my decent .

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The great thing about that little button, if you see no reason for it, don't push it.

It's actually pretty nice for situations that 4H crawl doesn't hold you slow enough, but is not necessarily a place you want to go to 4lo. Yeah, of course you could go to 4lo and use your brakes as well, but that also applies to all those other functions the Bronco does. It works well, but if you're too much man to use it, then don't.
Sponsored