First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m also suspicious that Ford is delaying and exempting certain things to thin out the heard. Maybe I’m just being paranoid too, but it seems pretty obvious to me.
I think next year will be THE year to get a Bronco.
I’m telling you now, I’ve been thinking the same thing since the whole x-plan debacle. Like you said though, I may be a bit paranoid lol.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So whats the build you think they;r'e trying to steer us to?
Because I'm speccing out a Badlands and I keep running into roadblocks
Honestly it looks like they (if steering is the case) are steering towards the BL or WT in a lot of ways. Whatever model below that you build up to that ends up being the same price, within a small margin. I know myself, if I were not already getting the BL, would look at that situation and ask myself why I would pay 2.7 BL prices for a Big Bend (or OB, BD) with the 2.7, Squatch, etc. I'd just go ahead and get the BL...or the WT if Disco wasn't a factor.

But in another way it looks like the glory the WT had over the others is not as much, as now it comes with the same MIC top as the others (granted it is a surcharge to get the Hard top). The only thing setting it apart now vs. what you can build is a graphic for the side no one seems to like anyway.

So who knows!!???

Maybe they want all of us to get basesquatch 2.3 with MIC tops...Maybe they are out of A51 pigment and want us all to get a model you can't get that color on....
And the rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper....

Please note I say most of this in fun and do not honestly believe it. I think its a semi-messed up B&P coding issue combined with some real world Covid constraints on commodities. No ulterior motive via FoMoCo.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are we sure there isn't a pattern to this and Ford is trying to steer us towards a particular build and type??
Did anyone ever doubt that was the case? Of course they're steering you toward a much more limited set of more expensive configurations.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last night definitely felt like a game of The Floor is Lava. One road block after the next. OBX gives great value, then the interior choices arent great. Move over to Badlands which has a better interior, and i need to buy a bunch of off-road items i dont need. Or maybe step down from the OBX, but it locks out high and lux package. To me, its either a lux OBX 2.7L with a not so great exterior, 33s on the side, or a lux Badlands 2.7L for a couple grand more and a nicer interior
Yep. But no roof rack, to truly take advantage of the great outdoors

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Steering me right into a BaseManSquatch..... cheeep.

I think you're right 22/23/24 might be better timing, I just need something newer to drive until then. I'd rather it be a Bronco than a Tacoma/4Runner.

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The roof rack thing is either a bug (my guess) or a “safety issue” due to the high stance of the Sasquatch (doubt it).

BUT if it IS the latter - there’s this magical land called ?? A F T E R M A R K E T ?? where such things can and will exist and all can be right with the land. ??

Go look at the Jeep B&P - not a whole lot of accessories there, but do two second search for aftermarket parts for a Jeep and .......

JK

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Starting to look like with all these combinations you're losing something you want and have to change your configuration.
Are we sure there isn't a pattern to this and Ford is trying to steer us towards a particular build and type??
Are we sure that because of potentially limited availability Ford is intentionally dropping options off our builds.
Maybe they are not inept and this crappy B&P is by design
Maybe I'm being paranoid but something appears fishy here
100% brother. Cmon. They want you to spend extra on the Badlands. They want you to spend more on the automatic transmission. Oh you want the mid package and a manual, get the Badlands. Oh you want the Sasquatch and the manual, how about the Badlands model?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m also suspicious that Ford is delaying and exempting certain things to thin out the heard. Maybe I’m just being paranoid too, but it seems pretty obvious to me.
I think next year will be THE year to get a Bronco.
Ford isn't trying to thin anyone out. Just the realities of supply with high demand. There are 190K+ reservations for one year of a vehicle.. This is impossible to meet in a first year run where there are always issues, mistakes, recalls, suppliers not delivering what you order, etc.

I know it's useless to say be patient. Ford has also just said that most reservations are the two most $$ trims of Wildtrak and Badlands. This is crazy, but just shows how rich we Americans are, or think we are. Ha Ha! ;)

Don't be too paranoid, they're just trying to find areas of compromise so they don't under deliver for too many potential buyers. This is totally unprecedented demand for a truck, ever!

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't be too paranoid, they're just trying to find areas of compromise so they don't under deliver for too many potential buyers. This is totally unprecedented demand for a truck, ever!
Tesla Cybertruck: 650,000 reservations ?

JK

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting to look like with all these combinations you're losing something you want and have to change your configuration.
Are we sure that because of potentially limited availability Ford is intentionally dropping options off our builds.
Maybe they are not inept and this crappy B&P is by design
Maybe I'm being paranoid but something appears fishy here
My fear is you're right. They designed it the way it is with production constraints in mind. The REAL question is how long is that going to be the case? Will 2022 be more a la carte?

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So whats the build you think they;r'e trying to steer us to?
Because I'm speccing out a Badlands and I keep running into roadblocks
I spec-ed a 2dr BL with 2.3 Manual, optional 33” beadlock rims, it all goes well.

I would like to have the heated steering wheel without paying $$$ for the lux package. But this seems to be the way ford does it... i would love cross feature packages like “cold weather package” or “hi tech package with B&O and 12””

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven’t played too much with B&P but seriously considering base man with accessories and then try to source front and rear lockers on my own. Will give it time.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly it looks like they (if steering is the case) are steering towards the BL or WT in a lot of ways. Whatever model below that you build up to that ends up being the same price, within a small margin. I know myself, if I were not already getting the BL, would look at that situation and ask myself why I would pay 2.7 BL prices for a Big Bend (or OB, BD) with the 2.7, Squatch, etc. I'd just go ahead and get the BL...or the WT if Disco wasn't a factor.

But in another way it looks like the glory the WT had over the others is not as much, as now it comes with the same MIC top as the others (granted it is a surcharge to get the Hard top). The only thing setting it apart now vs. what you can build is a graphic for the side no one seems to like anyway.

So who knows!!???

Maybe they want all of us to get basesquatch 2.3 with MIC tops...Maybe they are out of A51 pigment and want us all to get a model you can't get that color on....
And the rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper....

Please note I say most of this in fun and do not honestly believe it. I think its a semi-messed up B&P coding issue combined with some real world Covid constraints on commodities. No ulterior motive via FoMoCo.
I noticed you can get the roof rails and rack with the WT which comes standard with squatch but with the BD you can’t add these two together...

There is something strange about it all..
Sponsored