Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't seen this posted yet, Mods please delete if duplicate. Curious what tops they'll be building at this plant 🤔

"The German supplier Webasto confirmed to the Free Press that it plans to open an additional plant in Michigan within the first three months of 2022.

It currently builds the tops at a plant in Plymouth.

"To meet the high demand and increase roof production capacity, we will build another new production location in southeastern Michigan," said Susanne Killian, head of global internal and external communications for Webasto."

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...ops-2021-broncos-webasto-michigan/8119709002/
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't believe this statement at all. If it was true, I would have my Bronco.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is bad news because:

1-it seems to suggest Ford had no intention of fully dumping Webasto

2-although Ford pulled Webasto's contract for MOD tops, they clearly plan on buying a shit ton of MICs from them.

3- Ford claims new tooling by October, but if a new plant is not being built until 2022, is Oct still a go? Or are they just going to buy the new tooling a second time for it?

Regardless, it suggest that the current plant, even with the new tooling, is not able to produce enought hard tops..so the "full speed" Bronco line won't be happening until 2nd quarter of 2022 at the earliest

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sounds like the fix of thicker outter laminate and wrapping the seams is taking place at Webasto. So MICs will stay with them.

As for MOD, I know of one other company that is prototyping MODs for Ford right now. (They said that is phase one of a three phase process to get to production.)

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like the fix of thicker outter laminate and wrapping the seams is taking place at Webasto. So MICs will stay with them.

As for MOD, I know of one other company that is prototyping MODs for Ford right now. (They said that is phase one of a three phase process to get to production.)
Thanks for the update on the MOD!

The aftermarket options will be out much quicker. I’m praying that they are high quality so I can go to that route. I don’t want to have to wait until 2023/2024 to get the hardtop I want

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also means they have to be able to staff the new facility, which was part of their issues during this fiasco. Not sure if its been improved.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't seen this posted yet, Mods please delete if duplicate. Curious what tops they'll be building at this plant 🤔

"The German supplier Webasto confirmed to the Free Press that it plans to open an additional plant in Michigan within the first three months of 2022.

"To meet the high demand and increase roof production capacity, we will build another new production location in southeastern Michigan," said Susanne Killian, head of global internal and external communications for Webasto."

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...ops-2021-broncos-webasto-michigan/8119709002/
More details from Ford Authority…

2021 Ford Bronco Roof Supplier Will Build Second Plant To Boost Output

… in a statement about the hardtops, the supplier confirmed that a second plant will come online at some point in the future.

“The imperfections are microscopic, do not affect the functionality of the roof and are exposed in heavy rain and humidity. We found it and have now put in corrective steps. To meet the high demand and increase roof production capacity, we will build another new production location in southeastern Michigan,” said the company.
Microscopic? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope they get the right permits for the building this time.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Webasto 22 production quality and output.

Ford Bronco Webasto Opening New Roof Plant in Detroit Q1 2022 R
Sponsored