First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My jeeps always rode alot sportier with the tops and doors gone. I hope to do that alot.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. Wonder why ??
The
They overlap/interlock, with the driver side on top. But the passenger side needs to support both so it's probably got more reinforcement in the overlap part.
That, and it provides a rain channel to prevent water intrusion through the seam. Two top pieces butted up to each other would leak.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that the 2DR & 4DR front panels are different weights. I would have thought they were the same. 🤷‍♂️
Slightly bigger to make up for door length?
Definitely. Taller drivers are going to enjoy the 2-door more for the better peripheral vision and larger front panel opening. This is why Ford should have had a two-door and four-door hardtop at every event... and a four-door soft top, I guess.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great. Love that the rear 4 door piece is under 70 pounds. In a pinch I should be able to lift that off by myself.

Sponsored

BuiltTough

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is A LOT lighter than the 4dr jk wrangler hardtop!! I should be able to manhandle the back section on the 4 door and simply install a rack on the side of the garage for it to rest on rather than an install an additional hoist-a-top system! Even if the mod top is 50% heavier or up to 100lbs, that can still be done single handedly (I’m waiting for the mod top) Thank god!
Anyone have the weight of the 4 dr JK rear cap to compare? Obviously heavier w no middle panel. Hoping I can install some sort of wall mount rack also rather then the hoist we have for the wrangler.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last fall or so, one member posted here that an insider associated with the tops indicated to them the mod tops were 50% heavier.

That may be stale information by now or could have been a rough estimate on early prototypes.....

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My neighbor just got a 4D 2021 Rubicon and told me the removable top is over 120lbs. He installed a winch system in the ceiling of his garage so he could remove it.
Still worth while to do - maybe not a motorized winch but some sort of pulley system.
Most adult men (especially those who workout) should EASILY be able to lift 70-80lb, however, the size and shape of the object is what makes it difficult. I am 90% positive I will not be able to bear hug the rear cap and then just casually and with great care, set the top down with out smashing it into shit.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How in the hell is the rear section lighter than a bag of quikcrete. That’s absurd.
its also less then an older ford T5 / TKO manual transmission which is about 75lbs yup worthless reference 🤪

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs