NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You could pick up a part time job for a short period of time. I know that would take time away from your family for a little while, but think of the memories you will be able to make afterwards. However, the option of a lower trim is probably the most feasible solution. Best wishes.
Agreed, there are plenty of WFH part time gigs. We are currently riding that train for some extra income.
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
Change your order to a base model or a Black Diamond, non-SAS (it comes with 4.47 gears and rear locker). They may not have the sway bar disconnect, but affordable and fun….Then trade it is later for a Badlands. Just a thought. $10k down is almost 25% the cost of a tricked out base model.

DaPierogiKid

Outer Banks
First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you considered a lease? I got my first ever lease on my '21 Basesquatch-1st model year jitters. Towards the end I'll know whether I want to keep it or not, and can buy the extended warranty, then buy the lease out for a preset amount. If I decide to trade, I'll have equity in it as long as it's worth more than 65% of original sticker...
Actually, this isn't so crazy of an idea. Minimum down payment, monthly payments are lower (usually), guaranteed buy out price and if miles are a concern a year...they don't matter that much if you're buying it in the end of lease.

Whatever you do, do it for the right reasons. Sounds like you're making some tough "adult" decisions...I hate being an adult sometimes!

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Change the model to fit the budget and upgrade parts as the budget allows. Most can't tell what model you are driving... The Bronco, unlike Jeep, doesn't scribe the model in huge letters on the hood. Bronco's badging is so subtle I often struggle to tell which model I see when passing on the roads. Whereas, a Rubicon or Willys is very obvious.
If its the sta-bar disconnect that keeps you from doing the downgrade, there are aftermarket options hitting the market AND you might even be able to order the OEM sta-bar and apply it to other models. Manual sway-bar options are already avail but are a PITA on the trail...

You can build up an awesome Bronco from any model.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you considered a lease? I got my first ever lease on my '21 Basesquatch-1st model year jitters. Towards the end I'll know whether I want to keep it or not, and can buy the extended warranty, then buy the lease out for a preset amount. If I decide to trade, I'll have equity in it as long as it's worth more than 65% of original sticker...
Unfortunately lease rates on the Bronco are terrible right now, and no lease incentives. I was quoted an effective lease rate of 6.75% and no cash-back incentives. Not good. My credit union loan on the purchase was 2.99%. Often a lease can be the smarter way to go due to incentives, but not right now on the Bronco.

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately I already work 50hrs a week. So another job isn't really a possibility.
Go for the BASE and ,build it to your specs. as you go that alone drops the price at least 15k maybe a little less say 12,500 .00 . it's doable MAN doit ;) :p (y)

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To the OP: family first! Be smart, be practical. There are people out there (and on this forum) where a $50-60k "toy" is no big deal (heck, how many people have we seen here who own his and her new Broncos plus another for the recent high-school graduate? :oops:). You and I are not those people. As others have suggested I would not bail out on your order yet. You can always walk away when it arrives - the dealership would love that! Or you may have other options. But don't put your family's financial peace of mind at risk for what is essentially a luxury purchase.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't think a lease was an option. I've never leased a car before. Been driving the same care for ~10 years so not familiar with that process. And I didn't think you could do that with the bronco. I'll have to look into it.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To the OP: family first! Be smart, be practical. There are people out there (and on this forum) where a $50-60k "toy" is no big deal (heck, how many people have we seen here who own his and her new Broncos plus another for the recent high-school graduate? :oops:). You and I are not those people. As others have suggested I would not bail out on your order yet. You can always walk away when it arrives - the dealership would love that! Or you may have other options. But don't put your family's financial peace of mind at risk for what is essentially a luxury purchase.
Yea I wasn't gonna cancel the order. I at least want to test drive the manual haha who knows what the future holds, I'm just not gonna get my hopes up that it'll work out

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Change your order to a base model or a Black Diamond, non-SAS (it comes with 4.47 gears and rear locker). They may not have the sway bar disconnect, but affordable and fun….Then trade it is later for a Badlands. Just a thought. $10k down is almost 25% the cost of a tricked out base model.
this.

basesquach or bd were two tradeoffs i was willing to make. i loved the bl, but when i looked at it there are a lot of things i could do later if i wanted.

basesq gets you all of the offroad stuff if your super serious into crawling.

bd gets you the rear locker, mgv, and some other goodies and access to mid.

bl would get you the higher packages, and all of the sas minus the 35s.

edit: in the price protection era the difference was 8k+ between bd and mid and bl and high packages. i just looked at both of my sheets. dropping to mid on bl was around 7. assume that would be a nice offset to help?

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, this isn't so crazy of an idea. Minimum down payment, monthly payments are lower (usually), guaranteed buy out price and if miles are a concern a year...they don't matter that much if you're buying it in the end of lease.

Whatever you do, do it for the right reasons. Sounds like you're making some tough "adult" decisions...I hate being an adult sometimes!
I agree... to a point.

For a vehicle I would have no inclination to modify or take offroad... go for that lease.

For a vehicle you'll buy accessories for... hopefully take down a sketchy trail or two... or be tempted to roll up lots of miles in... not so much.

Everything that decreases the residual value will create heartache and additional costs at the end of the lease... to say nothing of having to say goodbye to it.

My Bronco will be a high-mileage, well-used, thoroughly-enjoyed, modified-to-my-tastes long-termer. Leasing was simply not an option for me. (But a comprehensive extended warranty was!)

Bayou_Bronco_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Switch to a BaseSquatch and continue with your Bronco dreams.

C83B45A7-B97A-463F-B56E-1E90C548FB25.gif

Exactly! I wanted a Badlands Squatch, but I did my research and the only major difference is the automatic sway bar disconnect! Do you really need 360 cameras? No. is it cool. maybe.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not giving financial advice but the Bronco is an adventure itself. You could look at using it instead of spending money on family vacations. A trip to the beach or lake with the top and doors off is a whole different experience and it's basically free.
Idk if that can be a factor in budgeting or not.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not giving financial advice but the Bronco is an adventure itself. You could look at using it instead of spending money on family vacations. A trip to the beach or lake with the top and doors off is a whole different experience and it's basically free.
Idk if that can be a factor in budgeting or not.
That's kinda my thought. Basically my wife just doesn't like saving as much as we can right now to make it happen. She feels like we're barely making it because of how much I'm pushing towards savings each month and I just don't feel that way. The bronco is also important to me so I'm just avoiding spending money on anything that isn't a necessity anyways. I guess she just feels pressured and that she can't buy anything she wants. Which she's not entirely wrong but I just don't see buying a $300 rug as important. Think that's just a fundamental difference with men and women though lol

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

this.

basesquach or bd were two tradeoffs i was willing to make. i loved the bl, but when i looked at it there are a lot of things i could do later if i wanted.

basesq gets you all of the offroad stuff if your super serious into crawling.

bd gets you the rear locker, mgv, and some other goodies and access to mid.

bl would get you the higher packages, and all of the sas minus the 35s.

edit: in the price protection era the difference was 8k+ between bd and mid and bl and high packages. i just looked at both of my sheets. dropping to mid on bl was around 7. assume that would be a nice offset to help?
Just remember that he loses price protection the minute he changed trim. There will be big savings, just not as much as our original build sheets.
Sponsored