Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry to hear that. These are crazy, uncertain times. Your decision tells me that you are a good husband and father. And that's important...

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Build was a 4dr hard top Manual BL Nonsqach with lux Pack. Problem with changing the order at this point is I lose price protection. So even dropping lux to high pack would actually cost more or about the same as my current build. It all kinda sucks. Maybe when I have to reorder my 2023 model I'll be able to change trims without losing price protection but I doubt it.
I feel you with the price protection crap... very annoying. Just for reference, I have a 4 door, manual, Big Bend, non-sas, hard top, standard tech package, tow package, slide out tailgate, and some other odds and ends.... comes to $40,565. I'm price protected before the last increase, but I think that same build now would be like $41,800 - not sure how that compares to your order. The Badlands is my ideal trim too, but even with money being no object is a bigger screen, heated seats, and some extra off road goodies that will likely never get used really worth $10k+ anyways? I don't have ANY of that stuff on my TRD off road Tacoma and I can ensure you I don't miss out on any fun and I certainly don't hesitate to take it out on the trails. The extras might be worth it to you, but for me it wasn't... just my thoughts for comparison sake and maybe a diff perspective. I definitely know that when you buy a vehicle you want what you want though!

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't really have any good advice other than to say hang in there. I've learned in life that finances, economy, markets, interest rates, etc. can change pretty quickly. When you Bronco finally arrives, maybe you'll be in a better position.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll say this (as I say to many)- it’s a vehicle. It’s only a vehicle. Your family is for the rest of your life. The vehicle will be for just a small window of that. No matter how cool it is- there will be another time and place to get one… and even that will not be the last vehicle you are likely to own.

If the rising interest rates are ultimately pushing it over the line- that line was too close to begin with. Save that $10k and do something more worthwhile with it. 1, 2, 10 years down the road you can buy the vehicle you wanted. Fact is, it will likely have cooled down a bit and you’d be able to buy off a lot. You’ll be glad you didn’t sacrifice family to make it happen.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Most credit unions run specials all the time and most only require you open an account when financing a car/home etc. Delta credit union always has great rates, especially on new (looked, currently 2.08% for 60). And no you don’t have to work for Delta.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel you with the price protection crap... very annoying. Just for reference, I have a 4 door, manual, Big Bend, non-sas, hard top, standard tech package, tow package, slide out tailgate, and some other odds and ends.... comes to $40,565. I'm price protected before the last increase, but I think that same build now would be like $41,800 - not sure how that compares to your order. The Badlands is my ideal trim too, but even with money being no object is a bigger screen, heated seats, and some extra off road goodies that will likely never get used really worth $10k+ anyways? I don't have ANY of that stuff on my TRD off road Tacoma and I can ensure you I don't miss out on any fun and I certainly don't hesitate to take it out on the trails. The extras might be worth it to you, but for me it wasn't... just my thoughts for comparison sake and maybe a diff perspective. I definitely know that when you buy a vehicle you want what you want though!
You make a lot of good points my friend. I'd rather have something instead of nothing. Either way I'm 99% sure I won't be built this MY so I'll do some builds again and see what I can make work.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco is not a vehicle for someone on a budget. High fuel cost, higher insurance, higher price... If $50 is going to break you need a to rethink your priorities.

I have been able to afford a dream vehicle for a long time. Been a year since I got my dream house and it was time for another vehicle. For me a $40-50k bronco fit everything I wanted and didn't need at the same time.

OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is not a vehicle for someone on a budget. High fuel cost, higher insurance, higher price... If $50 is going to break you need a to rethink your priorities.

I have been able to afford a dream vehicle for a long time. Been a year since I got my dream house and it was time for another vehicle. For me a $40-50k bronco fit everything I wanted and didn't need at the same time.
Where are you getting $50? $50 isn't an issue. 5000 is lol

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
USAA. We also bank with a good credit union out here but the BL isn't even in production yet and from reports I've seen interest rates are set to be ~5% at the low end by the end of the year. USAA is saying 3.72% with auto pay discount currently already. Which is up ~1% from Feb. I check every few weeks.
I was going to go through USAA as well but found a much better rate through Randolph Credit Union here in Texas. Definitely go with a credit union if you can! You have time though so just keep the faith and see where you are at when it is built.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you considered a lease? I got my first ever lease on my '21 Basesquatch-1st model year jitters. Towards the end I'll know whether I want to keep it or not, and can buy the extended warranty, then buy the lease out for a preset amount. If I decide to trade, I'll have equity in it as long as it's worth more than 65% of original sticker...

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you getting $50? $50 isn't an issue. 5000 is lol
.. I think he's talking $50/month × 60/72/84 mos. = thousands of $$.
Sponsored