First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The more I see, the more I think of price. It’s gonna have to be priced right for me to bite. 3.5 and 5.0 Crew cab 4x4 XLT F150’s are $42-$44k here all day. Hell even 4x4 crew cab super duty gassers are $45k. I won’t pay that much for a two door bronco. Especially if that isn’t even the top of the line
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more I see, the more I think of price.
If I were Ford, I'd be launching with the highest margin, decent demand models. If Bronco turns out to be half as successful as they believe, there will be many special editions to follow - basic basic, all glam - you name it.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've probably already said this earlier in this thread, don't remember. But price is what it will come down to.

I'm looking for a base model but with minimum of the V6. And in this day and age, that thing better have power windows and a/c as well. But if you push it up over $35k, I may wait for a used model. Already in the middle of financing the wife's Jeep ($35k). So IF they play it smart, find a way to have an entry model in the $30k range and they will have a killer!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One of the biggest things it sounds like needs to happen is option not being locked to trim packages. Its dumb, and yeah in a market where everyone is rich and financing is easy as pie, you make end up making a few more bucks through the lifecycle. But the economy is hurting, the masses are poorer than they have been in ages and the dollar is about half what it was 20 years ago. We need to be able to pay good money for this and save a lil money for that. Dont tell me i can get a certain engine without more trim paint, and a different radio. Dont tell me i can get power port in the back without $500 floor mats. If Ford wants to steal sales from Jeep they need to appeal to peoples individuality. Thats what i think may be the ultimate dealbreaker.

Everyone has one thing that is most important to them to have on it and if everyone that has passion has to spend $45k then those folks will go elsewhere.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've probably already said this earlier in this thread, don't remember. But price is what it will come down to.

I'm looking for a base model but with minimum of the V6. And in this day and age, that thing better have power windows and a/c as well. But if you push it up over $35k, I may wait for a used model. Already in the middle of financing the wife's Jeep ($35k). So IF they play it smart, find a way to have an entry model in the $30k range and they will have a killer!
Since you already have a Jeep, you should have a pretty good idea what to expect from Bronco. Build a Jeep and expect to pay 1-2 k more or less for a Bronco comparably equipped.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say this is PRETTY CLOSE to what you should expect to pay for a base Bronco 2-door just based on what we know will be standard. (XLT, 4x4, sync, various COOL SHIT that we know Bronco is getting)

Keep in mind some of the “party tricks” that are going to set the Bronco apart are not cheap to design, engineer, or build.

Ford Bronco What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco? AD3DF97E-A724-4054-B38F-47CC3010621D

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would say this is PRETTY CLOSE to what you should expect to pay for a base Bronco 2-door just based on what we know will be standard. (XLT, 4x4, sync, various COOL SHIT that we know Bronco is getting)

Keep in mind some of the “party tricks” that are going to set the Bronco apart are not cheap to design, engineer, or build.

Ford Bronco What’s your dealbreaker for new Ford Bronco? AD3DF97E-A724-4054-B38F-47CC3010621D
Yikes.

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know, I can’t wait for them to redesign and lose the Ford Fusion front end.
Well that, but yikes at 37k for a base 2d model. We'll see just how much it comes with at that price. If much else needs to be added the value is lost.

I'll probably get thrown out of here for this but at that price a Colorado ZR2 is plenty capable..

OP
OP
Superds

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well that, but yikes at 37k for a base 2d model. We'll see just how much it comes with at that price. If much else needs to be added the value is lost.

I'll probably get thrown out of here for this but at that price a Colorado ZR2 is plenty capable..
I figured you were talking about the price. I agree, it’s a bit steep but I believe it based on what a few people here have said. I do think you’ll get a fair amount for your $37k though like NickP said. Hardtop with removable panels, removable doors panel, AC, Power windows/locks and a bunch of other little things will likely come with that price.

Sponsored

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A base model with a solid feature set would be refreshing. Hard top on the base model would be great.

Someone said a while back that there was a soft top that could roll out when the hard top is off, not sure if that was just smoke but that would be awesome.

Its all about the value, if its there I'm in

Last edited:
OP
OP
Superds

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just for grins I went to the Chevy site to see what a ZR2 goes for, felt like being in enemy territory. MSRP for a ZR2 extended cab was $42k, crew $44k. And the ZR2 only comes with 31” tires!!!!!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just for grins I went to the Chevy site to see what a ZR2 goes for, felt like being in enemy territory. MSRP for a ZR2 extended cab was $42k, crew $44k. And the ZR2 only comes with 31” tires!!!!!
Yeah, but there's usually a bunch of cash on the hood of those. MSRP of close to 50k, and you can usually get it pretty close to 40. I've seen gasser ZR2's sell brand new for 37.

OP
OP
Superds

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, but there's usually a bunch of cash on the hood of those. MSRP of close to 50k, and you can usually get it pretty close to 40. I've seen gasser ZR2's sell brand new for 37.
I realize that MSRP is not the out the door price but same holds true for Bronco if the MSRP is $37k. I know you’re not going to get $5k off right away but I don’t think it’ll be very long that you have to pay full MSRP. Ie, I don’t think very many people will be paying $37k for a base model.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also take into account that the Colorado ZR2 has shit for options. The tech on it is ridiculously behind even the Tacoma. It's got some magical suspension and a front locker, but that's about the end of the attractiveness for me. The interior is hot garbage and the outside isn't a lot better. Electronics suite is unparalleled in its price range. Unparalleled in that everything else has roughly 8,000 percent better options.
Sponsored