Sponsored

What advantage to placing order sooner than later?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration...

That gets a little tricky. At what point does activity in the build system lock the reservation system so that moves cannot be made.
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would rather do it sooner rather than later. I already have a great dealership- Granger- in my great state of Iowa, I want to place it and be done so I can quit flip flopping on what the hell I want...

Basically calm my neurotic mind.?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration...

That gets a little tricky. At what point does activity in the build system lock the reservation system so that moves cannot be made.
Once you sign your name to a build and price configuration with your dealer, they will submit your order, and you can no longer move to another dealer. (is that what you're talking about? )

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty sure I read Dec 7 thru Jan 31. Im holding off as late as possible to hopefully see my color choices in person
I'm thinking more specific then that, more like Ford contacting you and says Dec 7-9th etc. Imagine some dealers having hundreds of reservations and most showed up the first week.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is all the email states :
"Then, December through January, your selected dealer will be reaching out to schedule an order consultation when you will place your order for production and finalize your purchase price. Be sure to save your configuration from For‌d‌.‌com to share with your dealer. Expect your dealer to request a deposit to confirm your commitment, which will enable us to accurately schedule production. No worries if you’re not the first to place an order, as your reservation time stamp will stay with your order."

Sponsored

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once you sign your name to a build and price configuration with your dealer, they will submit your order, and you can no longer move to another dealer. (is that what you're talking about? )
Singing something is obviously a point of no return. My fear is that the dealer might start a record in their build system as they are making their schedule. Just opening the record might lock out the reservation system. Then again it might be when they hit "send". That is what I meant by it being "tricky" since we do not know what triggers the reservation system no longer allowing moves.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since I'm a slow person, I'm needing that extra time to digest the revised B&P and hope Ford will get the roof tops situation fixed for the WT by giving them extra time.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Singing something is obviously a point of no return. My fear is that the dealer might start a record in their build system as they are making their schedule. Just opening the record might lock out the reservation system. Then again it might be when they hit "send". That is what I meant by it being "tricky" since we do not know what triggers the reservation system no longer allowing moves.
I'm not sure what your concern is. Once you agree on a price and to have them send it, then you start the paperwork. That is the point of no return. You can cancel your order later, in which case you lose your reservation.

If when you get to the price agreement point and you don't agree, you can switch to a different dealer then by calling Ford. But you better have already worked out a deal with your new dealer because it used to be you can only switch once, I don't know how many times you can switch now.

You come to terms with a price before the order is sent, it won't be sent without your ok

It's not entrapment

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#here_is_how_it_works

When will customers be able to convert their reservations to order?

Order conversion process will begin in December and run thru January 31, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Jan 31, 2021 is still the date for getting a converted reservation in, but the latest communication I saw had a Jan 14, 2021 date to start racking them (schedule). As of now I am prolly getting mine done by the end of Dec.

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be a fear too. I wonder if you can go go to a dealer where you don't have your reservation sitting and see if they can work up a final price for you. May be more aggressive in trying to get the reservation moved over and it wouldn't lock the system. Question is, would they be able to access the ordering system without a reservation number.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they aren't scheduling production till January sometime, what advantage is there to getting your order placed early? Why bounce your reservation between dealers until then either? Figure it'll be a good way to see what you can get for your best deal. Go through the process with one and get their final out the door number, then shop around a little and see if you can beat it, then move your reservation over to them. Shouldn't effect delivery as long as it's before the scheduling start right? Or even a little after that.
It's probably no difference if ordered Dec 7th or Jan 31 (assuming those dates end up correct), for most buyers.

That said, I plan on putting mine immediately upon order bank opening. It's my belief that prioritizing orders buy reservation timestamp will be a dealer job that Ford will not be involved in. If this is true, I'm not sure how scheduling priority will work (after dealer priority, lowest priority number at each dealer vs other dealers lowest number), but I do know it used to be that older sold orders got commodities first, and that's the reason I'm going first day. That programming may not even be in the system anymore, but if it is I figure I'll be ahead of the game. Hopefully commodities won't be a big issue, but I know what I want and see no downside to getting it done early.

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, it’s NOT urgent to get my order in on 12/7? That won’t help me get my Bronco faster?
Sponsored