Some Gamer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tell me about these. Brand? Looks like you have rock sliders. Did they fit well? Install easy? To early to ask about durability.
these are the Mabett mud flaps. Yes, I have factory rock sliders, fit is perfect, install was super easy and only took about 15 min. Definitely too early for me to talk about durability as I haven't even driven her with them on yet but they seem very sturdy/well made and there doesn't seem to be much that could go wrong with them.
Sponsored

NormanBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Added Havoc Offroad hitch receiver and (temporarily) killed the departure angle with a 4" extend/drop adapter, so that bike rack (yet to be acquired) will clear the spare tire.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20230410_201034
This may be a dumb idea/suggestion, and you may have tried it, but it looks like you can flip that hitch 180 degrees and it would sit just under the spare. Maybe the picture is deceiving but I'm curious if that might be a solution. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a bike rack and hitch extender for that very reason

mikejames

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This may be a dumb idea/suggestion, and you may have tried it, but it looks like you can flip that hitch 180 degrees and it would sit just under the spare. Maybe the picture is deceiving but I'm curious if that might be a solution. I still haven't pulled the trigger on a bike rack and hitch extender for that very reason
My issue isn't so much the clearance in normal use - most bike racks extend far enough out that a simple straight extension would let them clear the tire (or the configuration you suggested).

My issue is I want to be able to open the trunk door with the rack installed. The spare tire is the low point, which would conflict with the height of hinge/swing arms on most racks I'm looking at (Thule Apex XT 4 for example). By dropping it 4", the door/tire will be able to swing clear and I'll have a lot more flexibility in rack choices. Also, I will only ever have the adapter installed while I'm using the bike rack (which kills departure angle more than anything else anyway). I don't plan to do much offroading with bikes in tow.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, so I did a lot this weekend. Finished adding seat covers, added jtop bimini, iag tube doors, and rear cover!

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  81803310-3211-4651-834F-7A8EC3A3D750

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  81803310-3211-4651-834F-7A8EC3A3D750

Your rig looks wonderful. Tastefully done. Love your wheels, too.

Sponsored

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yo Hey,
Mounted my front license plate bracket.
In the center of the modular bumper.
One problem with this bracket is the angle of the mounting holes.
Can't get a TP45 in there to tighten the Bumper Bolts for mounting it.
A run to the hardware store solved it with two 8-1.25 hex cap bolts.
Go in from the side with a 13 mm to tighten.
Voila!
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  frontplat

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We think Spring has finally sprung in Cleveland so I finally ordered the Spiderwebshade for my balding head. Should be here this weekend. Now the AR Magnum steps on the other hand, those will be another 8 weeks ish. Can't friggin wait to see those.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Drove it to one of my favorite Mexican joints with the front panels off. Spring is here and I'm now contemplating a soft top.
Sponsored