Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed some Baja Design pocket lights from @4x4TruckLEDs.com. Also discovered two of my upfitter switches don't work (#3 and #6). Sadly I don't have a multimeter to trouble shoot so it will be a trip to the dealership at some point.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  tempImageIN2dZK
How do you know they don't work? Because the light does not turn on? Make sure you didn't insert the connector incorrectly. Sometimes if you don't line up the barrels on those WP connectors you can CRUSH them. There is a female and a male side and it... well ya know... it slides in :) (anatomy class folks)

But what might happen is on the barrel connector (female side) the male side might not line up and you CRUSH the connector instead of making a proper connection. So before you take a trip to the dealer just double check your WP connectors on the harness/light and make sure nothing got CRUSHED.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It can take a bigger hit. It's thick cast iron, not thin stamped steel. Plus it has a drain plug!
I may ask the dealer to install one when I do the diff fluid change in a few months. Should be near zero labor charges since they have to pull off the old diff cover anyway. Not too bad for $300. With a drain plug I may be more inclined to do my own diff fluid changes.

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Changed the fluids in my front and rear diff this weekend. Only 11k miles on the rig but it needed it. Front diff fluid looked like mud. Brown and milky like some water got in there. Metal shavings on the magnets on both plugs piled up. T case didn’t look bad at all with no shavings.

Rear diff fluid was pitch black with some shavings on the fill plug but not as bad as the front. However I did break a bolt off in the rear diff when I went to take the cover off. About 1/2” deep in the hole. Let the games (and swearing) begin. Couldn’t get it out on night 1. Maybe later this week.

I also installed the Transmission (and front diff) skid plate from Talons Garage. Fantastic coverage and protection (with a little frustration on installation).
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_7277

It completely covered the transmission, front diff, and crossmembers.

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DIY’d a SunStrip with some cheap Amazon tinting material

The bottom picture is my driving POV. The strip was sized to reduce glare from the harsh angled winter sun, as well as some scattered light from the lightbar
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_9810
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_9812
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_9816

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

HenryGX

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Installed some Baja Design pocket lights from @4x4TruckLEDs.com. Also discovered two of my upfitter switches don't work (#3 and #6). Sadly I don't have a multimeter to trouble shoot so it will be a trip to the dealership at some point.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_9816
I'm curious to see the light outputs!