Sponsored

What do we know about the default stereo?

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't want to be downloading music for each day. My current music collection is 78 GB.
I'm an audiophile with hundreds of CDs collected over 3 decades. I get it. šŸŽ¼ (y)
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What? No 8 tracks? 8 tracks were the only medium you could listen to two tracks at once even if thatā€™s not what you wanted. Highly efficient for the time. A well placed matchbook solved that problem. What? No match books? :unsure:
Ha. I don't want to make you feel old or anything but 8 tracks are before my time. I've never actually even seen one in real life :oops:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like everyone has already said, just download them. Are you using a flip phone from 15 years ago? How do you not have enough space on a modern cellphone to download a days worth of music.

8 hours of music on Spotify is 647mb and that includes the apps file size. Thatā€™s nothing.
Depending on your data plan you don't need any storage. I stream while driving most of the time. If I'm going on a road trip I'll download a fair bit from Spotify. It's not that hard to put 78gb on a modern phone. I certainly don't need that much to get through a day anyway.

I also don't feel I need immediate access to every record in my collection.

I still can't comprehend how bringing a CD collection along is easier than having music stored in your phone or on a USB or something.

OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depending on your data plan you don't need any storage. I stream while driving most of the time. If I'm going on a road trip I'll download a fair bit from Spotify. It's not that hard to put 78gb on a modern phone. I certainly don't need that much to get through a day anyway.

I also don't feel I need immediate access to every record in my collection.

I still can't comprehend how bringing a CD collection along is easier than having music stored in your phone or on a USB or something.
Just about everything you've just mentioned has already been discussed here.

I intend to spend a lot of time in areas where there is no cell reception, so the first thing you mentioned is no good. And having to update things for the day is also undesirable.

An MP3 CD can hold 250 songs on it. I can have one for country, one for rock and roll, one for Hawaiian, and so on. Takes a few seconds to get what I want in there.

And if the USB thing works better on the Bronco than it does in my Escape, then that's the solution I intend to go with. The stereo in the Escape gets confused after a while and the only way to reset it is to stick in two other USB Flash Drives with different things on them. Ford has fixed several other things that they screwed up in the 2014 Escape, so hopefully they fixed the stereo issues too.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ha. I don't want to make you feel old or anything but 8 tracks are before my time. I've never actually even seen one in real life :oops:
Oh, donā€™t worry, I feel old without your help! 8 tracks were worse than cassettes. Only good thing was there was only one side and you didnā€™t need to flip it (before multi directional cassette players)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So the default stereo has a record player? Is that whatā€™s going on here?
Shhhhh......itā€™s supposed to be a secret Easter egg!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like to go places with zero phone signal. That's specifically what I'm getting Bronco to do. So something like CarPlay isn't going to work up in the hills.
Spotify, friend. Spotify.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, donā€™t worry, I feel old without your help! 8 tracks were worse than cassettes. Only good thing was there was only one side and you didnā€™t need to flip it (before multi directional cassette players)
My favorite part was when the track changed right in the middle of a song.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My grandfather had a 4 track in his 1970 f100 explorer. Lol
For those that donā€™t know about ā€œMuzakā€. That is what that was done on. The 4 track tape cases were about twice the size of 8 tracks. Offices and elevators used them to pipe in music. Never saw them in cars but could see where it could happen.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My favorite part was when the track changed right in the middle of a song.
Forgot about that fun feature! Kind of like cassettes with ten minutes of white noise.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The best part of this forum. Solving real world problems on a Saturday morning! @Scott R Nelson asked a simple question and gets a whole lot more history than he asked for! Sorry Scott.
Sponsored