Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Reservations/orders that are canceled before a vin is assigned are essentially non-existent. Orders have a VIN assigned but haven't started building, I assume can be canceled and removed from the queue. Allowing the allocation to be reassigned to a different order Orders that are delivered to the dealer but the customer walks before purchase become dealer stock.
You're correct on reservations, not orders. Once it's converted to an order it stays.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your order was placed by the March order cutoff date (it was the 13th I think) then you have price protection. So choosing code 99 to wait for MY22 you would still have MY21 pricing.
If was actually orders or reservations by that date… so even if your dealer didn’t convert you right away, you’re still covered by the price protection.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If was actually orders or reservations by that date… so even if your dealer didn’t convert you right away, you’re still covered by the price protection.
I reserved in Jan '21. Will wait for the MY22 order books open, in No rush to get the Bronco as I have 2 more years to go on my current lease until 2023 Feb.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup dealer allocation is 20%.

Person cancels. Dealer grabs and sells on lot. Still produced in same order. Now some schmuck, rando, or dealer friend gets a Bronco before you.

Add this to priority, covid, availability issues, shit packages and bundled upgrades it's a shit show. But it's our shit show and we will still get a Bronco at some point...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
May I ask why you cancelled instead of just waiting until 2022? Did you get something else?

Also, if we ask our dealers to change our priority code to 99, do we still get price protection for 2022s at this point, or do we have to be kicked down the line into 2022 due to constraints for that to happen?
I didn't want to wait that long. With the incentives currently available and what I was able to get for my trade made sense for me to buy now. I bought an Aviator. With the deal I got, I was able to get more options then planned.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t believe any dealers are canceling any entered orders, no matter what you told them. They’ll take delivery of it and sell it on the lot.

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the deposit money is returned using a cheque, then the order is really not cancelled from Ford point of view.

If the order is cancelled using WBDO, then the deposit is credited back to the credit card used and the reservation will show as cancelled with a cancellation date.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't want to wait that long. With the incentives currently available and what I was able to get for my trade made sense for me to buy now. I bought an Aviator. With the deal I got, I was able to get more options then planned.
Okay, that makes sense. I went to see some Broncos today and now I think I’m going to get a gladiator and wait until 22 Broncos show up. I have gone back and forth on the gladiators because I’m not a super fan of how they look, but oddly ended up parked right next to a black rubicon today, which is one I was considering and I realized it’s actually pretty good looking when it’s lifted and on bigger tires. . Something was just off today seeing the Broncos, maybe the email yesterday or maybe it was just me, but it didn’t lure me back into waiting like I expected. They were good looking for sure, but i definitely don’t want a 4-door soft top. And if I can’t get a two door with a hard top, or a soft top, then I’d think getting something else is smarter.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And with the allowance of 20% of orders not matching reservation holder before a penalty is incurred by the dealer, all cancelled orders will continue to be built/delivered. No one is moving up in the line.
Yeah boy, that's what I was going to say Ken. Since Ford gave the dealers such a wide swath to screw up, many will just pull the hundred bucks from petty cash, and keep the res alive. A Bronco on a dealers lot is like gold in the bank.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had two reservations (one July and a second one in October that is a $2,000.00 below invoice special), one was just assigned a vin # and a build date. When I called the dealer to do the deposit and confirmation on the vin assigned order I asked what are the options for the second reservation. I was told if I didn't want it there is only one option; to cancel it and to send them the directive to cancel it in an email, which I did. The dealer replied the non vin reservation was canceled now and I would be getting an email from Ford in a few days on the return of the $100.00 deposit.

Sponsored

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
I cancelled mine and my dealership simply returned my deposit. I was told I could change my mind right up until another customer wants to buy it after it arrives there. They told me I would see all of the order updates and just ignore them. It would seem if they cancelled an order, it would mess up their allocation.
My dealership told me the same thing almost word for word. They ask for NO MONEY and when the Bronco show’s up they we’ll call. The dealership gave me all the proper paperwork and verification that I needed. Not sure at all about all the dealers that wanted big no refund deposits . I really feel for those people .

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, that makes sense. I went to see some Broncos today and now I think I’m going to get a gladiator and wait until 22 Broncos show up. I have gone back and forth on the gladiators because I’m not a super fan of how they look, but oddly ended up parked right next to a black rubicon today, which is one I was considering and I realized it’s actually pretty good looking when it’s lifted and on bigger tires.
A Gladiator on 37's is super sharp rig i my opinion.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So basically Ford started out on the side of the consumer saying our Reservation was our key.

And slowly they have back stabbed us, pissed us off so that they can backpedal everything and give all the benefits back to the dealer.

Hell they even canceled the X plan which was the only tool we had to not get bent over by the dealer.
Interesting.

It makes those dealers that drew people in with discounts under invoice like Granger seem genius. Not only did they build up a queue of orders so long it would take two years to fulfill them, everyone that cancels means they get to sell a Bronco at well over invoice, making a killing.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting.

It makes those dealers that drew people in with discounts under invoice like Granger seem genius. Not only did they build up a queue of orders so long it would take two years to fulfill them, everyone that cancels means they get to sell a Bronco at well over invoice, making a killing.
Well only IF Ford lifts their 20% penalties or maybe if a consumer cancels, it doesn't count.

But I don't think either of the upstanding dealers on here worked their numbers based on that. But if it does work out in their favor it will be a bonus for them.
Sponsored