Sponsored

What Infotainment Subscriptions Do I Need To Consider?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I have Spotify and use it on my phone. One reason I probably don't need SirusXM. Plays well on Android Auto!
Love Spotify!
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my wife has Sirius in her VW, so once my free trial plus the cheap 3 extra months run out I'll sign up for the family or what ever they call it plan. Spottify is great too and believe it or not, we have a couple good actual radio stations left here too, one from a high school that's been on the air since 65.
I don't have any music stored on my phone, simply too lazy to do that, so Sirius comes in handy when out of cell service. And with the stations I listen to, 80 hair metal, Ozzy's boneyard, DMB, GD and Phish, I get a good variety there.

We cancelled cable TV years ago, still paying a lot less, despite paid for sirius, spottify family plan, hulu, disney+, shudder, and of course Prime. And with our Xfinity internet I get free Peacock, more stuff than I'll ever be able to watch or listen to.

I'll probably keep the Bronco navigation too, or at least sign up occasionally to get updated maps and then cancel again (if that works), it's so nicely integrated. Sometimes I use that on the big screen and waze on my phone sitting in the cup holder, seems better with traffic re-routing etc.

I'm very undecided on the hotspot, won't ever need it on my day to day things, but I've read that it somehow works further away from cell towers than phones? Might look into that down the road, but in general I really don't know what I'd use it for.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does Ford Pass require any subscriptions?

On some of my past vehicles the phone app was only free for XX years. I’ve never owned a Ford, so just curious. I think the remote start feature from the app is likely my biggest concern.
Yeah, part of why I'm asking. I used the remote start from my FordPass app once, and that has to involve mobile wireless access. That can't be free forever.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, part of why I'm asking. I used the remote start from my FordPass app once, and that has to involve mobile wireless access. That can't be free forever.
Basic functions of Ford Pass like remote start, lock/unlock, and maint info, are indeed free forever.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had XM then SiriusXM 2003-2020. I dropped it because the programming was getting lame. If you drive where cell service is spotty I would still recommend it, I used to drive 40K miles per year across AZ, NM, and TX on lots of rural roads. SiriusXM runs specials all the time for $60 per year, play their game and cancel for a month each year to get it cheap.

Now I use Spotify, works well and you can download albums on WiFi rather than streaming.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good to know nav is free until 2026. Google Maps doesn't bother me any. I've been using it on my phone to navigate for years. And Android Auto can split screen with the other apps, like audio, for instance.
Oh, I feel like I was misunderstood. I love Google Maps. Android all day every day.

It's the navigation voice coming through the Bronco speakers that sounds like a goddamn walkie talkie in terms of quality. The Ford navigator voice is clean and clear. If Ford's nav traffic updated your route better and it gave less frequent turn-by-turn notifications, it'd be perfect.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you replace the SIM in the Bronco and use your own carrier?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The built in nav is free until 2026. (I checked).
Curious, how did you find this out? My understanding was you get a free subscription for one year with a standard radio, and within the built-in navigation it's for 3 years.

I haven't come across anything that said it was included free for 5 years, And definitely not across the board regardless of options.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, I feel like I was misunderstood. I love Google Maps. Android all day every day.

It's the navigation voice coming through the Bronco speakers that sounds like a goddamn walkie talkie in terms of quality. The Ford navigator voice is clean and clear. If Ford's nav traffic updated your route better and it gave less frequent turn-by-turn notifications, it'd be perfect.
Ah. Interesting. The Google Maps voice sounds pretty clear on my system. Certainly not walkie talkie quality. It is a little loud and a bit too chatty sometimes, but so is the Ford nav system.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you replace the SIM in the Bronco and use your own carrier?
Good question, but I would have not clue. Maybe someone will have an answer.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Curious, how did you find this out? My understanding was you get a free subscription for one year with a standard radio, and within the built-in navigation it's for 3 years.

I haven't come across anything that said it was included free for 5 years, And definitely not across the board regardless of options.
...I swear I looked at this a few weeks ago and it was 2026, not 2024...

But to get to it: Ford website, login, View Vehicle Details, Connected Services/Manage Services.

Ford Bronco What Infotainment Subscriptions Do I Need To Consider? Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 11.32.26 AM

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But to get to it: Ford website, login, View Vehicle Details, Connected Services/Manage Services.

Ford Bronco What Infotainment Subscriptions Do I Need To Consider? Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 11.32.26 AM
Did you buy the $395 nav option originally? Reason I ask is that I recall the fine print saying it was a 3 year service, otherwise if unselected you got a 3 month trial.

Ford Bronco What Infotainment Subscriptions Do I Need To Consider? 1637007077033

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you buy the $395 nav option originally? Reason I ask is that I recall the fine print saying it was a 3 year service, otherwise if unselected you got a 3 month trial.

Ford Bronco What Infotainment Subscriptions Do I Need To Consider? 1637007077033
Not intentionally? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But no, I don't recall doing anything of the sort.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that as a difference you get between the High package and the Lux package. High gets you a 90-day trial, and Lux gets you a three-year trial. Nothing about cost or availability for the service beyond these trial periods.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Built in navigation comes as an option or is included if you get lux... And yeah it comes with a 3-year subscription.

I'm actually adding it as an option because I'm only getting the high package. So it's about $700 extra. It hurts, but I actually like navigation in my vehicle instead of having to rely on my phone. And I wanted to continue to work even if I'm no longer paying for it.
Sponsored