First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond; 1994 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased a Black Diamond 2DR at MSRP in late March. Dealer stock order that had just arrived. Found a small dealer outside of Minneapolis. No negotiation, they just don’t do markups. And this one was also pre-price increase so that saved $2500 from current price.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Standard Bronco, $0.00. Hopefully this game will end when Ford get's their shit together and all of the old orders cleared out of the system. Still won't be enough supply to keep up with demand for a few years but ADM will start coming down. Two things need to happen. One, people need to control the urge to buy based on emotion and Ford needs to withhold allocation for dealers sitting on stock/abandoned orders with the hopes of MSRP+. They've warned this a few times in broadcasts but not sure if they're going to apply this to specific dealers or regionally. If it's regional, that means a few dealers are going to end up screwing a lot of other dealers in the same sales region.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought my badlands at less than MSRP, price protection to get a discount off the March price increases.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it highly depends on where you are located and where you are willing to go. I spent over two weeks looking for a Bronco in February of this year. My local dealer bought four, one of which they offered to me. They offered it at $5k over, It was 99% of what I wanted, no show stoppers and I decided to pull the trigger. I also got them to drop their dealer fee. So I paid $5k over, for a bronco that, IF I had to order is now over $3k more due to price increases. Add that with the $1000 dealer fee I paid $1k over for the right truck at the right time. Here in South Florida they are an average of 10k over (at least on the ask). I made offers for MSRP and they weren't moving. If you can find a dealer to fly and drive consider the cost associated, and shipping a vehicle is not cheap. I have my 2 door OBX lux for two and a half months. I like it, I really didn't settle.

Sponsored

60sIron

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t tried negotiating yet, but if I see one on a lot like the one I ordered, I will try to buy it and find out. For the options on allocation: Lux, 2-door, Sas, MIC, dealers might be more insistent on ADM before giving up one of their allocations

rockytrails

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought a Badlands at MSRP, 2 door, Lux, tow & Sas. 3 hour drive to pick it up here in Georgia.

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just bought a Big Bend Mid for MSRP. There are multiple dealers in the midwest selling at MSRP, sent me a PM I can try to help. There is a BD silver at MSRP near Cleveland.

In the southeast dealers are asking 10k over still, pathetic.

I made a few calls, wired funds to the dealer, paid $500 to ship, showed up to my house the next day. I've played this game multiple times over the years. With the Internet, ability to wire funds, and easy access to shipping a little "pain" will save you $$$$.

Lastly... I normally do this on high end sports cars, where those dealers sell 99% of their cars to remote buyers in this fashion. Calling Ford dealers was, uh, a little different lol. Many of them could not get their head around what I wanted to do. So you do need to talk with a manager or a contact who understands the buy remote "game" vs. "what time will you come in for a test drive" lol.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
. As an ideal, many, including myself, refuse to pay an ADM on a vehicle ordered and which never would have been on the dealer lot without our order.
This is what gets me every time. There are no repercussions for dealers treating our 'sold' orders basically as 'extra bonus dealer orders' and making way more money off them.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just bought a Big Bend Mid for MSRP. There are multiple dealers in the midwest selling at MSRP, sent me a PM I can try to help. There is a BD silver at MSRP near Cleveland.

In the southeast dealers are asking 10k over still, pathetic.

I made a few calls, wired funds to the dealer, paid $500 to ship, showed up to my house the next day. I've played this game multiple times over the years. With the Internet, ability to wire funds, and easy access to shipping a little "pain" will save you $$$$.

Lastly... I normally do this on high end sports cars, where those dealers sell 99% of their cars to remote buyers in this fashion. Calling Ford dealers was, uh, a little different lol. Many of them could not get their head around what I wanted to do. So you do need to talk with a manager or a contact who understands the buy remote "game" vs. "what time will you come in for a test drive" lol.

I've gotten a few this way. I'm in PA and got a new BMW from Cali that way. It's funny to see how some dealers embrace it and roll with it and others are just out of the loop.

The issue is that the ones who are used to it are probably listing theirs online and probably trying to game an ADM out of it (listing it for msrp though).

Getting in touch with a small dealer who doesn't typically ship across state lines could be a good way to get a better price if the dealer is willing to play.

Sponsored

AFMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco; 89 Foxbody; 11 Miata; 82 280zx
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bought mine in February off the lot in San Antonio. Every Bronco (regardless of trim/options) in stock had a tiny $15k ADM sticker on the window sticker. Told them I won't pay ADM, normal back and forth, actual willingness to walk away and we made a deal. Ended up at slightly below MSRP. I know on some of the more desirable models/options the dealership might've stuck to their guns but in my opinion the era of ADM should be over.

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not going to pay a cent over MSRP to these greedy dealers. Never have and never will.

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what gets me every time. There are no repercussions for dealers treating our 'sold' orders basically as 'extra bonus dealer orders' and making way more money off them.
Yeah, surprise ADM at delivery is a pretty shady and opportunistic tactic that, even in absence of quoted up front pricing, borders on bait and switch. And in most cases is just a way to turn our orders into dealer stock, so they can slap on an ADM and turn a much bigger buck.

But frankly, ADM is what it is. Broncos are worth what people will pay for them. Way I see it, dealer stock is theirs to price as they see fit. And with current Ford sales model, even our orders, I suppose. But, pricing should be transparent from the start and any deviation from MSRP should be made clear to buyers from start.

Personal responsibility and due diligence on our end, though, is ensuring we get pricing agreed (and in writing if we can) at reservation time, and definitely in writing at order time.

Rant complete.... for now.
Sponsored