First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well just like that I ended up deleting my delete and put a DV8 carrier on my RIG. A group run happened, Idid not get a chance to go out with the group, but the tales of people blowing tires and needing the spare were epic. That and the room in the garage was getting thin. Yes, 37's are heavy, but I am not a small guy and I can get it on and off if needed.

I have a Fab 4 delete kit with the roto X twin carrier coming up for sale. Just need to wipe them down.

Now:
Ford Bronco What is the purpose of a spare tire delete 1700787933755
Sponsored

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm starting to think about the Spare Tire Delete myself... Thinking perhaps either the DV8 or Agency6. Sorta partial to the DV8's simplicity.

I'm a little concerned that the rear view camera and or 360 multi-camera view restitched together might be "off" with the Camera not returned to same exact OEM placement ( Height / Depth ).

Has anyone experienced issues with Camera after the delete using either of these products ?

I also welcome any other Spare Tire Delete Systems that anyone recommends.

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that, if you got a spare among 2-3 in a group going out, the other two shouldn't worry (until someone gets a total blowout 😲). Basically, what're the odds more than one of you's going to get a flat much less an unrepairable mess? I think lower than expected.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Blu6GBronco :

Your camera will work just fine with the delete. As I said, my delete was the FabFour, and I did not have any issues. I do not have issues now, but its weird seeing some of my rim in the camera now.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that, if you got a spare among 2-3 in a group going out, the other two shouldn't worry (until someone gets a total blowout 😲). Basically, what're the odds more than one of you's going to get a flat much less an unrepairable mess? I think lower than expected.
A reasonable conclusion, given the situation. If one person carries a spare for everyone, then that implies you're all running the same size, which would then imply everyone is probably running near stock capability wise, and if you're all at that level, you're probably not running trails that need a spare. You're still relying on a spare tire carrier, you're just making someone else carry it for you (and then carry your busted tire out). All the negatives about carrying a spare mentioned in this thread now falls on that one person, and since that's the only person left with a spare, they're stuck having the carry a spare for the rest of the group and can't get rid of theirs if they wanted to.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A reasonable conclusion, given the situation. If one person carries a spare for everyone, then that implies you're all running the same size, which would then imply everyone is probably running near stock capability wise, and if you're all at that level, you're probably not running trails that need a spare. You're still relying on a spare tire carrier, you're just making someone else carry it for you (and then carry your busted tire out). All the negatives about carrying a spare mentioned in this thread now falls on that one person, and since that's the only person left with a spare, they're stuck having the carry a spare for the rest of the group and can't get rid of theirs if they wanted to.
Well, absolutely! and not really. I said 2-3 in a group, e.g. handshake agreement (like in Texas?) among a small group that if I take my spare off (say), the other two that have the same size tire as me will act as my wingman in that situation and we'll get out alive. Or at least I owe them a beer. If the other (second!) decides to remove their spare (too!), then of course that last person is the patsy left holding all matchsticks. I guess, right? Maybe we can negotiate something, how about some pizza bites?

It doesn't have to spiral or even be a trail so far beyond it matters that much. I know if/when I got to 38's (maybe!), most when I'd like to omit the spare, I will likely not have anyone to take a spare for me. Drat! Gluetreads and inner tubes it is!

YMMV

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, absolutely! and not really. I said 2-3 in a group, e.g. handshake agreement (like in Texas?) among a small group that if I take my spare off (say), the other two that have the same size tire as me will act as my wingman in that situation and we'll get out alive. Or at least I owe them a beer. If the other (second!) decides to remove their spare (too!), then of course that last person is the patsy left holding all matchsticks. I guess, right? Maybe we can negotiate something, how about some pizza bites?

It doesn't have to spiral or even be a trail so far beyond it matters that much. I know if/when I got to 38's (maybe!), most when I'd like to omit the spare, I will likely not have anyone to take a spare for me. Drat! Gluetreads and inner tubes it is!

YMMV
The sponsored ad is just perfect considering your post 😂

Ford Bronco What is the purpose of a spare tire delete IMG_6414
Sponsored