Sponsored

What is the appeal of the spare tire delete?

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd be open to a spare delete if it was more of a replacement gate that didn't have all of the mounting holes and plastic vents that are exposed when the spare is removed....much like the OG Broncos.
this. I would probably do a delete but all the current options look bad in my opinion with bumpers and holes showing. Come up with a nice product that covers all that app and maybe adds some optional racks for storage and I might be in.
Sponsored

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just really want to know.
The Bronco is a gorgous car ... the spare tire makes the car look ugly and off balance, it just does not belong exposed on the car. Further, have you ever tried operating teh door with and without, its a night and day difference ! Much nicer without !

The square look af the car is preseved without the spare tire in the back.

THe spare tire belongs inside the car in the trunk if needed, or added to a hitch carrier if necessary. Its amazing that people on this forum don't already know this and don't know that a rela bronco has 4 doors.

Real bronco is 4 doors old bronco is 2 doors !

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My $0.02... It has nothing to do with looks - one way or the other. It has everything to do with how the rig is going to be used. If you're running 7-10 rated trails, it's actually a benefit not having a spare hanging off the back. I've towed my EB all over this country to some of the most difficult trails available and have never had a flat while wheeling, but I have drug my spare coming off ledges and going up steep inclines to the point that I thought it was going to be ripped off the truck. If you're overlanding many days/miles in the back country then I think it would be wise to have the spare.

The quality of tires is also a factor. I would never run the factory 35s off road without the spare.

OP
OP
Sonny

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is a gorgous car ... the spare tire makes the car look ugly and off balance, it just does not belong exposed on the car. Further, have you ever tried operating teh door with and without, its a night and day difference ! Much nicer without !

The square look af the car is preseved without the spare tire in the back.

THe spare tire belongs inside the car in the trunk if needed, or added to a hitch carrier if necessary. Its amazing that people on this forum don't already know this and don't know that a rela bronco has 4 doors.

Real bronco is 4 doors old bronco is 2 doors !
i have noticed the door is much easier to work having installed a tailgate reinforcement - it’s sturdier and doesn’t bounce like it used to.

I guess looks are subjective. To me, it makes the truck look like a big baby Bronco. But I am glad to read there are at least some functional benefits for more serious off-roaders. It sounds like they’re smart enough to off-road with a support vehicle

Sponsored

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the look of the beach Bronco which is typically rear tire free. Also, I’m all about the mall crawling life and don’t need the wheel.​

rossb

Wildtrak
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang, F100, Cobra, Model A, 26Speedster
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't seem to recall anyone saying vintage Bronco's looked bad w/out the tire. I'd guess 90% of them don't have one, mine didn't. I drove mine daily for 20+ years and never needed the spare, although I'd throw it in if I was going hunting or serious off-roading.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just really want to know.
IMHO, there is no appeal. When I see it, I assume:
1) They live in the hood and don't want their tire stolen...OR
2) They live in the hood and their tire was stolen....

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t do heavy rock climbing that would require any clearance or weight distribution. I prefer the spare look.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ditched mine and will be building a cooler rack. Space is limited in a two door and the cooler takes up a lot of space, especially with all the added camping gear as well.

Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ditched mine and will be building a cooler rack. Space is limited in a two door and the cooler takes up a lot of space, especially with all the added camping gear as well.
Did you buy one of the spare delete plates on the market or are you going to make your own?

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's an excuse to be lazy and call AAA

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you buy one of the spare delete plates on the market or are you going to make your own?
I bought a cheap spare delete kit from ebay for now and made a quick little mount to mount two rotopax on it. I haveva local buddy fabbing me a rack for the cooler and will have it be detachable. It will be aluminum. He already makes one for the JL jeep.

20220903_113603.jpg

Screenshot_20221025-194517_Instagram.jpg

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought a cheap spare delete kit from ebay for now and made a quick little mount to mount two rotopax on it. I haveva local buddy fabbing me a rack for the cooler and will have it be detachable. It will be aluminum. He already makes one for the JL jeep.

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of the spare tire delete? Screenshot_20221025-194517_Instagram

Ford Bronco What is the appeal of the spare tire delete? Screenshot_20221025-194517_Instagram
That cooler concept looks great. What do you think of the eBay assembly? Hadn’t thought to look there. RTR makes one with Molle (or similar) cut outs which would be handy to mount a pressurized shower (ours is a beach cruiser) but it’s $300 and I don’t understand why.
Sponsored