Sponsored

What kind of deal would you ask for if buying a dealer loaner Bronco?

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to say, but it’ll most likely be in someone else’s driveway who didn’t mind paying MSRP or more.

also, honest question: what is the point of a deposit if it is refundable? It would seem to secure absolutely nothing.
Refundable because someone could wreck it or damage it before I’d take possession in January. Or it gets way more miles than expected. I’m not going to give them free money for someone to destroy it before I could get it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped by to see the bronco today as I was in that town for other business. Beautiful bronco! Until I saw the sticker on the front window- ADM $12k. Closed the door and left without talking to anyone. No way in hell am I paying over MSRP for a loaner vehicle, much less $12k. I’m sure some moron will buy it, just not this moron!
Funny thing is I told him up front I have no interest in anything above msrp. He said no problem, come on in. If I would have driven there just to see the bronco I’d be really ticked off!

shillelagh45

Base
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I leased a Cadillac AtS coupe that was the dealers courtesy car. It reeked of cigarettes and aqua velva. They knocked off a buck a mile , it was titled as a new car when delivered.
No way you get a Bronco mannequin under msrp regardless of the mileage.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Refundable because someone could wreck it or damage it before I’d take possession in January. Or it gets way more miles than expected. I’m not going to give them free money for someone to destroy it before I could get it.
Thank you for explaining. That stipulation of the item being damaged/used or not being presented "as advertised" is logical.

It just never made sense to me why it would be in a seller's interest hold an item for someone (while missing out on any potential opportunities to sell said item to other buyers) and then refund the deposit if the original person got cold feet for any reason.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

… drop the price $15K, give me extended warranty for all the abuse it took, remove all the dealer added accessories I don’t want, all rebates and incentives; then I would consider it.
Ford Bronco What kind of deal would you ask for if buying a dealer loaner Bronco? 12DCF0D1-451A-4376-A4C6-A4FD69B5AA44

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
who is mistreating mannequin Bronco’s? I don’t doubt it could happen, but I suspect MOST of them are receiving short test drives in town a couple miles or less at a time. My local dealer just has theirs on display in the showroom for folks to look at. No abuse whatsoever.
Cold starts, short runs without letting the oil warm up, high rpm acceleration before oil viscosity allows good lubrication, excess water settling in exhaust, not hot enough to evaporate it out, extra transmission wear during cold start period, rich start up fuel mixture contamination of oil, condensate in oil not having enough temp to boil out, etc.

A short test drive, only a few miles at a time, is the most abusive cycle that can be run on a per mile basis.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Will the dealer take a deposit from every interested party and then sell to the highest offer when the time comes?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If a dealer has a mannequin they’re using as a loaner until it can sell in January, and they’re wiling to take a deposit on it, what kind of deal would you ask for? It’s going to have some miles on it by January and will technically be used. How close to MSRP would you offer or expect?
I think between now and January there will be more Broncos on lots that were "reservation fall throughs", but none hard tops obviously. If the mannequin is a hard top unicorn, it is probably still worth more than MSRP. Just speculating.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local stealerships pre sold their mannequins for $10000 over sticker. Good luck.
It's not the dealerships fault that there are idiots born everyday. If someone wanted to give me an extra $5,000 for my old work beater, I wouldn't insist on only taking actual value. It's not just Broncos. People are paying over MSRP for all kinds of vehicles. Must be why nobody can pay their rent.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guarantee damn near all of them will be sold at or over MSRP to people who don’t know or don’t care that they were demos. I’d say if you’re lucky you could get one at sticker with a discounted extended factory warranty

Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cold starts, short runs without letting the oil warm up, high rpm acceleration before oil viscosity allows good lubrication, excess water settling in exhaust, not hot enough to evaporate it out, extra transmission wear during cold start period, rich start up fuel mixture contamination of oil, condensate in oil not having enough temp to boil out, etc.

A short test drive, only a few miles at a time, is the most abusive cycle that can be run on a per mile basis.
with all due respect. It’s a modern vehicle with an oil pan freshly filled with high quality synthetic blend motor oil and not an antique car.

While your points are in theory kind of true, Normal operation of the vehicle a couple of times a day for 6 months simply doesn’t qualify as “abuse”.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole point of the refundable deposit was to cover me if the vehicle was damaged and also to cover dealer shenanigans. If they took several deposits and held out for the highest bid- I get my money back and walk.
I’m sure they’ll probably sell it over MSRP even as a courtesy car with miles on it. It’s just not going to be me.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not the dealerships fault that there are idiots born everyday. If someone wanted to give me an extra $5,000 for my old work beater, I wouldn't insist on only taking actual value. It's not just Broncos. People are paying over MSRP for all kinds of vehicles. Must be why nobody can pay their rent.
I'm sure there are plenty on this forum that would jump out of their chair and buy at $10k ADM if one showed up in their area. It's getting hard to buy any vehicle and get a decent deal. In my area, even the big dealers lots are practically empty. I've never seen anything like it.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to be a lot of people upset in a few years when their $70+k bronco trades in for $30-35k. Unless the chips remain scarce and pandemics keep places struggling to produce.

MJ14

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer/22 Bronco OBX/02 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going to be a lot of people upset in a few years when their $70+k bronco trades in for $30-35k. Unless the chips remain scarce and pandemics keep places struggling to produce.
Most dealer around me are selling their demos for $10,000 to $20,000 over MSRP. Not all, but most.
Sponsored