Sponsored

What "Quirks and Features" Did Doug Miss?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No offense to his tired schtick, but who can't get a paltry 1M views these days? I've already racked up 1 BILLION views.

https://variety.com/2021/digital/ne...ve-you-up-1-billion-youtube-views-1235030404/

It turns out that Doug's jokes and the ignition keys of many old Subaru's are interchangeable. So, like the plot of almost all 172 episodes of Three’s Company, it was all just a big misunderstanding.
Since you bring it up, it must be said Mr Furley tops Mr Roper. Prove me wrong!

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Apparently I'm not hip enough, cause I read the title and thought who is "Doug"?
Sorry Doug Demuro. Here is his video:

[And I would not call him "hip"... just the #1 car reviewer on YouTube. He is up to 250K views in less than a day]

Last edited:

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So in the 4-door (which I don't remember folding seats down in...) you do have to put the bottom cushion UP before you put the back cushion down and he just smushed it together?
No, you fold the head rest down then push the seat down. Since it’s stadium seating when the seats are fully folded down they’re not flat where the back of the seat meets the cargo area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since you bring it up, it must be said Mr Furley tops Mr Roper. Prove me wrong!
The correct answer is Mr. Furley, but not in this show, but instead in the Andy Griffith Show. Barney Fife was amazing and basically carried the show (along with Opie).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, you fold the head rest down then push the seat down. Since it’s stadium seating when the seats are fully folded down they’re not flat where the back of the seat meats the cargo area.
Thanks! That is was what I thought.

Last edited:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The correct answer is Mr. Furley, but not in this show, but instead in the Andy Griffith Show. Barney Fife was amazing and basically carried the show (along with Opie).
I can't disagree either.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

he missed that if you let the air out of the tires, they are flat on the bottom...

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was a little irked when he mentioned the uselessness of the tie loops. Doug being mostly a sports car guy, I'd bet big money that if he was reviewing, say, a Porsche with canards, he would raving the quirkiness and performance acumen of the canards even though 99.9% of people would not be able to push the car to the point that canards would be of any use.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
[And I would not call him "hip"... just the #1 car reviewer on YouTube. He is up to 250K views in less than a day]
I love his hip hop dance move from a few years back…

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was a little irked when he mentioned the uselessness of the tie loops. Doug being mostly a sports car guy, I'd bet big money that if he was reviewing, say, a Porsche with canards, he would raving the quirkiness and performance acumen of the canards even though 99.9% of people would not be able to push the car to the point that canards would be of any use.
When I swung by my friend (who owns 3 canoes) house with the Bronco, he immediately understood the value of the tie strap loops. It is so retro cool!

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to know why Ford thought it was a great idea to include a 12 volt port near the center speaker (where they should have always been), but yet on the 2021 Powerboost Platinum there is only 1 single 12 volt port (not anywhere on the front dash unit).

In the F-150 they only include 1ea - 12 volt port at the back of the center console.

Does anyone know the method to Ford’s placement of 12 volt ports, because I can’t see any consistency in this.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love Doug but he really just needs to bite the bullet and have an assistant or two pull the doors/roof off for him, he's skimping on the biggest feature of the entire truck! Maybe he'll do it if he gets to review a two-door version later on.
Sponsored