North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do we know for sure Badlands AT tires are BFG KO2s? Some pics do show BFGs, and they look awesome.

If that’s the case, I will likely stick with the KO2s. In terms of other AT tires, I have had Nitto Terra Grapplers, Falken Wildtrack AT3s, and Cooper AT3 tires on my late 13’ 4Runner Trail Edition. Nitto sucked, at least on dry pavement. It would constantly trigger 4runner’s stability control on simple turns on dry pavement. Wildtracks were great, but felt heavy

BFG KO2-121/118 E-load 58 lbs. 116/113Q C-load 51 lbs
Cooper A/T3 XLT 121/118 E-load 51 lbs
Fallen Wildrak A/T3W 116/113Q C-load 63 lbs.
Please see the Bronco tire chart below for sizes and brands. Any pictures or videos you have seen of the Broncos are simply pre-production rigs with a mix of brands.

Your comparing the heavier load range C Wildpeak, the 33" - 285/70R17 Wildpeak A/T3W's I'll be putting on my Bronco are the lighter weight load range SL, while the specs to show they way the same as the KO2 load range C, the sidewalls have a reputation for toughness and they have thicker treads, which accounts for some of the weight. Since they are the same weight as the Bronco KO2's load range C tires the Bronco will handle them just fine along with the benefit of a better ride, lower noise, they don't hold stones or mud like KO2's do and they cost less.

Ford Bronco What Tires Are You Going With? 1595839690895
Sponsored

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only knock on the wildpeaks I have heard is the weight, and that is a consideration for some and not US made.

And for me, I prefer American tire manufacturers, who make their tires here, I went with Mickey baja ATZ P3 for my current set. They are 8 lbs lighter than the Falkens in a 315/70/17, good siping so very good in rain, doesn't throw rocks like a KO2.

BajaATZP3.jpg
Have not heard of these before. Good looking tires! Will look into them.

Wildpeak is just too heavy, 8 lbs unsprung mass per wheel can make a huge difference the way the truck responds to input, accelerated and stops. I personally went from 63 lbs Wildtrak (C load) to 51 lbs Cooper at3 (E load). Difference was night and day on the streets and mild trails.

Last edited:

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please see the Bronco tire chart below for sizes and brands. Any pictures or videos you have seen of the Broncos are simply pre-production rigs with a mix of brands.

Your comparing the heavier load range C Wildpeak, the 33" - 285/70R17 Wildpeak A/T3W's I'll be putting on my Bronco are the lighter weight load range SL, while the specs to show they way the same as the KO2 load range C, the sidewalls have a reputation for toughness and they have thicker treads, which accounts for some of the weight. Since they are the same weight as the Bronco KO2's load range C tires the Bronco will handle them just fine along with the benefit of a better ride, lower noise, they don't hold stones or mud like KO2's do and they cost less.

1595839690895.png
Thank you so much for the post and the find, I somehow had missed the chart. This nails it.

In terms of load ratings, Falken Wildpeak will be 5-12 pounds heavier per tire, in the sizes we are considering. Example is Wildpeak 285/70R17 SL 51.5 lbs
Cooper At3 285/70R17 SL 45 lbs

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Have not heard of these before. Good looking tires! Will look into them.

Wild trac is just too heavy, 8 lbs unsprung mass per wheel can make a huge difference the way the truck responds to input, accelerated and stops. I personally went from 63 lbs Wildtrak (C load) to 51 lbs Cooper at3 (E load). Difference was night and day on the streets and mild trails.
Cooper at3 is a darn good tire- ran them in my old Titan for 2 sets

And guess who makes the Mickey Thompson’s? Cooper.

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cooper at3 is a darn good tire- ran them in my old Titan for 2 sets
And guess who makes the Mickey Thompson’s? Cooper.
?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you so much for the post and the find, I somehow had missed the chart. This nails it.

In terms of load ratings, Falken Wildpeak will be 5-12 pounds heavier per tire, in the sizes we are considering. Example is Wildpeak 285/70R17 SL 51.5 lbs
Cooper At3 285/70R17 SL 45 lbs
I know Cooper split their AT3 into a family, now there are three series but the LT does not come in the 285/70R17, these do:
Discoverer AT3 4S
https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-4s
Discoverer AT3 XLT
https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-xlt

Which one did you have?

Their description for the 4S model says, "On road comfort with off-road durability". So that sounds good but it still looks like the Wildpeak combines but on road comfort and aggressive off-road performance into one tire. I'm not brand loyal, just learning the best options for my Bronco.

So I went to google, just starting reading and found these two interesting:
The Coopers will appear MUCH less aggressive than the Wildpeaks if that matters to you. The Wildpeaks have more sidewall armor and are likely tougher off-road. The Coopers will probably last longer and may offer better snow traction at 30k miles or more assuming their siping goes full tread depth. It appears only some of the siping goes full tread depth on the Wildpeaks.

So if you mainly care about on-road performance and tread life then go Coopers. If you value on-road AND off-road performance and you care how the tire makes you truck look then go Wildpeaks.

FWIW I have Cooper ATPs on our work Canyon and Wildpeaks on my truck. The Coopers look like all-season tires in comparison. When the Coopers wear out I'll be putting Wildpeaks on the work truck.

https://www.coloradofans.com/thread...t3w-for-all-weather-tire.409543/#post-5208061

And over on this forum they had a poll:

POLL: Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S vs Falken Wildpeak AT3/W
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S - 39 vote(s) - 43.3%
Falken Wildpeak AT3/W - 51 vote(s) - 56.7%
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/poll-cooper-discoverer-at3-4s-vs-falken-wildpeak-at3-w.655556/

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm wondering if my 2018 F-150's Fuel Vapor rims will fit on the new Bronco . Any idea where I can find out about the bolt patterns yet ?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm wondering if my 2018 F-150's Fuel Vapor rims will fit on the new Bronco . Any idea where I can find out about the bolt patterns yet ?
My original scaling estimate a few months showed they would match the Ranger bolt pattern: 6 x 139.7mm (6 x 5.5"). However, last week I tried scaling on some of the newer photos and found it to be inclusive, some photos did seem to match the F-150 Bolt Pattern: 6 x 135mm (6 x 5.31") but others still matched the Ranger. The differences being what angle the photos were taken at.
I'm keeping my eye on this website to see if they get it soon:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/bronco/2021/

Here was my original estimate:
Bolt Pattern:
I scaled the 255/75R17 tire images to match the above dimensions, I then measured the bolt pattern. I looked at both the F-150 and Ranger bolt patterns for reference and find the bolt pattern matches the Ranger, 6x139.7.

Bronco 255-75R17 Wheel v1.png

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
not sure what brand, but plan of 33x12.5x17 tires so will be a inch or two wider than the 33 factory option

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are all terrains better in snow and ice?

Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll definitely be keeping the OEM tires until they're worn out. Would be a waste of money to do otherwise, and I'm a tight-ass. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My original scaling estimate a few months showed they would match the Ranger bolt pattern: 6 x 139.7mm (6 x 5.5"). However, last week I tried scaling on some of the newer photos and found it to be inclusive, some photos did seem to match the F-150 Bolt Pattern: 6 x 135mm (6 x 5.31") but others still matched the Ranger. The differences being what angle the photos were taken at.
I'm keeping my eye on this website to see if they get it soon:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/bronco/2021/

Here was my original estimate:
I'm runnin LT 275/70R18's on the 150 . Gotta check my bolt pattern - Thanks
Sponsored