Sponsored

What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco?

OP
OP
Texasgrillchef

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Minimum is simply a perch collar or spacer lift. I recommend the one from Icon but I'm biased because I work there. You can find cheaper ones if you really need it to be low-cost. That said, anything else you do will be a function of what you can and can't live with. Can you live with a little bit of tire rub and perhaps slightly less turning radius? If so, then you won't necessarily need to go with different offset wheels, the stock ones will work. Can you live with things occasionally rubbing at full lock or when the suspension is crossed up? If so, you won't necessarily need to trim the crash bar/body mount perches. Can you live with a little less oomph? If so, you won't need to re-gear. Can you live with the increased risk of breaking a tie rod or steering rack when doing certain things off-road (mainly using the front locker)? If so, you won't necessarily need to upgrade your tie rods or rack, though carrying a spare and the tools to change it is advised. Can you live with the extra stress on your tailgate due to the extra weight of the spare tire? If so, you won't necessarily need a tailgate reinforcement.
I saw your perch collar. Is there a big difference performance wise, on a perch collar versus spacer lift? Which is better? Maybe do both?

Thanks I appreciate your answer, and you are correct about the other factors you have mentioned. I have done a tie rod upgrade, and plan on doing the BroncoBuster steering rack upgrade as well. I have already done A tailgate reinforcement mount and hinges as well.

The gearing I knew about as well, because I had an Xterra before my bronco that I did a titan swap on, as well as put 35’s on it. It needed a gearing upgrade because it originally came with 3.55’s. Although the bronco has 4.7’s

I saw someone has a crash bar body mount perch as well. So that is doable.
what about wheel spacers to change the offset versus changing rims?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Texasgrillchef

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the best advice.
Consider your use case, what you do with it, etc.
I could have done it with the perch collars on the factory Sas suspension but wanted more usage and trail-capable articulation (and room for it).
So Icon stg. 4 system, JKS Max tire chop and it's plenty ready and capable now.
But then I see the triangulated rear link design fresh off the presses and I have to restrain myself from making the purchase...It's always something more, one more step forward to gain a bit of capability or robustness.
It's a sickness a lot of us have.
Because a nice upgraded rack would also be some good insurance, you know?
Or portals.
Absolutely given enough money there is a lot we can do to our Rigs.

i don’t do any extreme rock crawling, but I do some heavy rock crawling. there are advantages to having 37’s for sure.

I have already upgraded my tie rods, next is the Bronco Buster HOSS 3.0 rack. That’s a definite given, and something I would recommend to almost anyone with or without 37’s who does any form or rock crawling for sure.

what I did not really want to mess with is changing out the suspension. Perch collars, spacers, leveling kits, I’m good with doing though.

i also don’t mind using wheel spacers as well. However everyone is correct they need to be checked for torque after the first few hundred miles, then on every tire rotation as well Or tire change, as well as any other time you take the wheel off. I had an Xterra that I used wheel spacers on though and never had an issue with the lugs getting loose.

Now my big question is, which is better, perch collars, spacers, or leveling kit?

Bruzzo

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX SAS; 1965 Shelby Cobra (Backdraft)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I did for BFG KO2 37” tires was the Eibach Pro Lift Kit (springs only) and Bora 1.25” wheel spacers.

IMG_0007.jpeg

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m also running alpines and a stinger sub. Spanks my F150 Raptor B&O.
i got a mti tail gate sub box looks and sound awesome w or wo top down

OP
OP
Texasgrillchef

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for wheel spacers, 1.5” or the full 2” to get maximum wheel turn On stock Badlands SAS OE bead lock capable rims?

I will do the JKS body mount, the 1.5” front rear leveling kit, and the 1.5” collars.
both the level kit and collars from broncobuster.

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2” spacer lift, 1” perch lift (ready lift 3” kit), upper control arms, rear track bar relocation kit, JKS clearance kit, 3/4”+ wheel spacers shoul’d be a good starting point…tires and usage will determine if ya need to add body lift…good luck!

PhilCharnas

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have a ‘23 Badlands Sasquatch. Just added 37” BFG KO2s, Fuel Anza wheels with -6 degree offset, and Icon stage 3 adjustable lift. With this combination of tires, offset, and adjustable lift, I have absolutely no rubbing. Did not require perch collars, spacers, or clearance kit.

Putting the Icon lift on in place of those things is a more expensive option but, IMO, offers the highest quality ride and will be easier on the front end and CV joints in the long run.

Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? IMG_0879

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Demon4x4

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
demon4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolute minimum for me on my 2024 Badlands Sasquatch with 37” BFG ATKO2s was a Lobo Offroad crash bar delete. In addition to replacing the front crash bar.body mount with that, I also cut off the rear crash bar (by the firewall).

No rubbing so far, but I haven’t done any serious off-roading since then, either. Wheels are Method 703 0 offset/4.75" backspacing.

Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? IMG_2155

Full disclosure: I’m installing an Icon Vehicle Dynamics stage 4 lift kit in the near future before I go off-road, though.

Last edited:

HailStorm

Badlands
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands w/SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you're extreme rock-crawling all you need is Leveling Kit and re-alignment then add your 37's to your factory SQ wheels no problem

In lots of very rugged off-roading the only rubbing I've had is reverse at full lock, and we're talking minor rubbing - almost nothin

Broncos are just made for 37's

1 IMG_2527.JPG
The link you sent is for a 1.25" leveling kit. Is that all you need to fit the 37s like you say? Your 2Dr bronco looks great in this pic! What exact tire size and brand did you go with if you don't mind me asking?

Sponsored

HailStorm

Badlands
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my photo above is 37x12.50r17 with a 1.5" spacer for a little extra poke
If not rock crawling, can you get away with a ReadyLift 1.25" spacer and that 37x12.5x17 tire?

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If not rock crawling, can you get away with a ReadyLift 1.25" spacer and that 37x12.5x17 tire?
1.25” is probably enough if you aren’t flexing it out.. otherwise you might be getting into the fender.

clearancing the crash bars will almost be required that low as well

HailStorm

Badlands
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1.25” is probably enough if you aren’t flexing it out.. otherwise you might be getting into the fender.

=]]]\\

I thought the crash bars come standard removed on a Badlands SAS no? And sorry, forgive me for being such a newbite, what exactly do you mean by flexing it out? Thanks for being so helpful!

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's what I had to do for 37x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers:

Icon 2.0" (ish) spacer+perch collar lift to get the room to mount 37s

JKS max tire clearance kit to stop the tire from rubbing on the wheel well liner and body mounts. NOTE: this involves cutting off stock body mounts and isn't for everyone.

1.5" wheel spacers to stop the tire from rubbing on the frame. A 1" spacer would have worked as well.

Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? received_2076441105857689
Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? 20230203_173833

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

=]]]\\

I thought the crash bars come standard removed on a Badlands SAS no? And sorry, forgive me for being such a newbite, what exactly do you mean by flexing it out? Thanks for being so helpful!
yes the actual crash bars are not present on a sasquatch, but the mounts that those bars slide in/bolt into may need some grinding

By flexing it out, i mean articulating the suspension.

Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? 1712062079898-wi
Sponsored