Sponsored

What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco?

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I a, so confused I called about a dozen different places and got a dozen different stories telling me what I had to do to get 37” tires on a badlands Sasquatch that came with 35” tires. Ranging from $500 to $2500 not counting the cost of the tires.

so what is the exact minimum needed to do so? Minimum as far as hardware to be installed. Not in cost.

if possible please show me pics if you took your badlands sas bronco and exchanges your 35’s for 37’s

thanks
Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Minimum is simply a perch collar or spacer lift. I recommend the one from Icon but I'm biased because I work there. You can find cheaper ones if you really need it to be low-cost. That said, anything else you do will be a function of what you can and can't live with. Can you live with a little bit of tire rub and perhaps slightly less turning radius? If so, then you won't necessarily need to go with different offset wheels, the stock ones will work. Can you live with things occasionally rubbing at full lock or when the suspension is crossed up? If so, you won't necessarily need to trim the crash bar/body mount perches. Can you live with a little less oomph? If so, you won't need to re-gear. Can you live with the increased risk of breaking a tie rod or steering rack when doing certain things off-road (mainly using the front locker)? If so, you won't necessarily need to upgrade your tie rods or rack, though carrying a spare and the tools to change it is advised. Can you live with the extra stress on your tailgate due to the extra weight of the spare tire? If so, you won't necessarily need a tailgate reinforcement.

Derecho

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I a, so confused I called about a dozen different places and got a dozen different stories telling me what I had to do to get 37” tires on a badlands Sasquatch that came with 35” tires. Ranging from $500 to $2500 not counting the cost of the tires.

so what is the exact minimum needed to do so? Minimum as far as hardware to be installed. Not in cost.

if possible please show me pics if you took your badlands sas bronco and exchanges your 35’s for 37’s
Unless you're extreme rock-crawling all you need is Leveling Kit and re-alignment then add your 37's to your factory SQ wheels no problem

In lots of very rugged off-roading the only rubbing I've had is reverse at full lock, and we're talking minor rubbing - almost nothin

Broncos are just made for 37's

Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? 1 IMG_2527.JPG

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

thanks
What others above have said plus tire width will play a roll...11.5", 12.5", 13.5"?

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2" level is bare minimum for playing offroad with 37's in my opinion.. I levelled the front, then did the shock relocation in the rear for about 1 3/4"-2" lift back there. (still need to cut the excess off the mounts for the extra clearance)

on top of those, I removed the front and rear crash bar mounts and replaced the front body mount with StinkyFabRacing's weld on solution.

Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? 1711458818539-e0

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Minimum is simply a perch collar or spacer lift. I recommend the one from Icon but I'm biased because I work there. You can find cheaper ones if you really need it to be low-cost. That said, anything else you do will be a function of what you can and can't live with. Can you live with a little bit of tire rub and perhaps slightly less turning radius? If so, then you won't necessarily need to go with different offset wheels, the stock ones will work. Can you live with things occasionally rubbing at full lock or when the suspension is crossed up? If so, you won't necessarily need to trim the crash bar/body mount perches. Can you live with a little less oomph? If so, you won't need to re-gear. Can you live with the increased risk of breaking a tie rod or steering rack when doing certain things off-road (mainly using the front locker)? If so, you won't necessarily need to upgrade your tie rods or rack, though carrying a spare and the tools to change it is advised. Can you live with the extra stress on your tailgate due to the extra weight of the spare tire? If so, you won't necessarily need a tailgate reinforcement.
i have read 37x11.5x17 tires with 1" spacers seems to work well what are your thoughts

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have read 37x11.5x17 tires with 1" spacers seems to work well what are your thoughts
my photo above is 37x12.50r17 with a 1.5" spacer for a little extra poke

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my photo above is 37x12.50r17 with a 1.5" spacer for a little extra poke
rubbing concerns or no ...i do not rock crawl but i do mud often
option 1.....37x11.5x 17 1" spacer
option 2.....36x12.5x17 stock otherwise

your thoughts

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rubbing concerns or no ...i do not rock crawl but i do mud often
option 1.....37x11.5x 17 1" spacer
option 2.....36x12.5x17 stock otherwise

your thoughts
I have no issues with spacers, provided they are checked for torque after the first couple hundred miles, then every couple thousand after that..

It really depends on if you are afraid of cutting or not.
if you have the factory rock rails, they will need cut back an inch or so. I cant speak on the crash bar mounts as i deleted them, front and rear in the off chance they could rub.
Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? 1711461319003-9v

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lift, JKS Max Tire Kit and 1.5 spacers on mine.
Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? IMG_9545
thank you for all your expertise and opinions they are all accurate to a flaw lol
i need to go affordable and as little work as possible for time restraints
the 36x12.5x17 fit with nothing else thats my best bet ..i just love the look of the 37 :)
good luck and rock on

2021 bd 4dr 2.7 softy area 51 running
bov, tints, bronco buster tie rod braces, borla touring exhaust , k&n full air intake
and full alpine upgrade incl sub amp with processor soon to be 36X12.5X7 mts lol

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thank you for all your expertise and opinions they are all accurate to a flaw lol
i need to go affordable and as little work as possible for time restraints
the 36x12.5x17 fit with nothing else thats my best bet ..i just love the look of the 37 :)
good luck and rock on

2021 bd 4dr 2.7 softy area 51 running
bov, tints, bronco buster tie rod braces, borla touring exhaust , k&n full air intake
and full alpine upgrade incl sub amp with processor soon to be 36X12.5X7 mts lol
I’m also running alpines and a stinger sub. Spanks my F150 Raptor B&O.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the best advice.
Consider your use case, what you do with it, etc.
I could have done it with the perch collars on the factory Sas suspension but wanted more usage and trail-capable articulation (and room for it).
So Icon stg. 4 system, JKS Max tire chop and it's plenty ready and capable now.
But then I see the triangulated rear link design fresh off the presses and I have to restrain myself from making the purchase...It's always something more, one more step forward to gain a bit of capability or robustness.
It's a sickness a lot of us have.
Because a nice upgraded rack would also be some good insurance, you know?
Or portals.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are the stock CVs holding up since running 37s and a lift? I think that is the bigger question on some minds after a few years of use.

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the best advice.
Consider your use case, what you do with it, etc.
I could have done it with the perch collars on the factory Sas suspension but wanted more usage and trail-capable articulation (and room for it).
So Icon stg. 4 system, JKS Max tire chop and it's plenty ready and capable now.
But then I see the triangulated rear link design fresh off the presses and I have to restrain myself from making the purchase...It's always something more, one more step forward to gain a bit of capability or robustness.
It's a sickness a lot of us have.
Because a nice upgraded rack would also be some good insurance, you know?
Or portals.

as for the triangulated 4 link setup... its on my radar as well. Maybe this summer after some more wheeling on the factory stuff.. so...

Ford Bronco What upgrades needed to run 37” tires on a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco? 1711471595993-v
Sponsored