First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting this!!! I found the information helpful!

I wondered if you considered the Icon Rebound Pro with +25 offset?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pretty funny >> First things first, I got the non-sasquatch for a specific reason (aside from the manual) it has more wheel travel.

You have more wheel travel because you have smaller tires. But now that you are running 37s, you actually have way less travel when compared to a SAS bronco.
I think you understand this, but i'll clarify anyway. The Non-sas has more wheel travel because of the coil-over. the Sasquatch limits wheel travel in jounce because of the larger tire, yes. But it also is an OEM package which typically like to maintain 25mm clearance or more to all components in all states. That is VERY conservative, as OEMs have to be. I will bet money right now that my limitation in jounce, to the fender is less than 1". I don't care to be as conservative as the OEM. less than 1" is fine.

Edit: If you take a look at those flex photos you can see that the wheel travel is still crazy high. I will measure it next time. And a very small leveling kit will not reduce that travel, so still a win for the non-sas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up and approach! I haven't found much I want to run that needs more than my 33s, but I will likely go up to "true" 34s when my stock BFGs need to be replaced. How is the handling, mileage, ride with the 37s? It is just pounded into my head that un-sprung weight is the enemy of all things suspension, so even plus sizing to 34s makes me question the utility. The other option may be for me to buy a set of 35's to use when I head to Holly Oaks, Drummond or snow wheeling and keep my 33s for general use. Your project has me leaning that way. BTW, Are you a member of the MI Bronco Club? https://michiganbroncos.club/ @'21OBX is one of us 👍 We are having some fun, plus you and I are practically neighbors (I am in Northville and will be watching for you now!).
The Bronco was built to handle 35's in spades, I think the non-sas is the best because you can throw 35's under there with no issue and have more wheel travel than sas-broncos. (depending on wheel offset). I went with 37's because I am more interested in rock-crawling and mud, where tire radius really pays off. And simply, because I can. It will take only minor tweaks to mitigate this rub.

I do love to drive fast and rowdy but that is secondary. I don't live near good baja terrain. If you focus a bit more on high speed I would say 35's is the ticket, plus that gives you more room to increase wheel travel even further in the aftermarket. And as you noted, reduces unsprung mass, which is nice. Worth noting though that unsprung mass on IFS is already at a huge advantage to SFA, so thats nice.

Edit: Handling is fine, I think the Trepadors are a bit worse on road than the K02s, that probably has more effect than just the size. Surprisingly the ride isnt any smoother, its not worse though either, just kinda the same. I suppose the tires smooth out rough terrain a bit better, but its not a huge difference.

Mileage had a lifetime average of 18.9 at about 16,000 miles, but I was recently at about 20.5mpg for about 500-1000 miles...Since adding the 37's my mileage is about 18. It had reached 19-20, but I have also done some offroading that always brings it down, so now its sitting more like 17. I expect long term to be 18-19 mpg cruising. But I cruise at 70-75, anything over 75 is suicide for your wallet lol.

Update on mileage. More like low 17's. Only way I crack 18 long term is on slower country driving

Last edited:
OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting this!!! I found the information helpful!

I wondered if you considered the Icon Rebound Pro with +25 offset?
Yes! That was my original go to. Such a genius idea imo. But I wasn't a huge fan of the style (still like it, but not my favorite). If Icon throws that pseudo beadlock tech into a bunch of other styles I think they have a golden ticket for people interested in beadlock like performance without all the other hassle or cost.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pretty funny >> First things first, I got the non-sasquatch for a specific reason (aside from the manual) it has more wheel travel.

You have more wheel travel because you have smaller tires. But now that you are running 37s, you actually have way less travel when compared to a SAS bronco.
No, He has more wheel travel because the Sasquatch Bilsteins have 1/2" more bump stop than the Badlands ones. Tire size doesn't matter as long as they are unobstructed from using all availalble travel, and that is what this thread is about, is figuring out those obstructions and how to fix them.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd like to see this duplicated with 37's (about the 3:45 mark)

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to see this duplicated with 37's (about the 3:45 mark)

I will do this this weekend and report back. Hope to have at least a partial spacer level on by then. I still doubt that driving up on a rock would flex as hard as lifting from the rear with the tractor though.

21Badlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's also worth noting that these are true 37's, at least as true as it gets.

If you are going with 37x12.5 KO2s/KM3's you might have more forgiving results.

1666477730465.png
I also have a non sas badlands on 37's

They are 37 x 12.5 KO2s with +1 offset wheel also have a 1" zone level for me this setup
has worked really well.
Here are some pics of what this setup looks like.

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 20221007_181911 (2)

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 295421994_1289937878482328_5772480620113487925_n (2)

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 20221024_170210

As you can see the KO2s are more forgiving.

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE, there are clearance concerns that NEED to be addressed if I want to jump this, or get into the jounce bumpers hard.

Credit due Jdyount and Tricky Dick. This will not be a permanent solution, though I think I will be able to wheel anthing at bundy hill just fine.

My original flex test involved driving up on a rock until I was on two wheels. Of course the flare would rub, but there was a about 0.5" clearance to the fender, and that was as flexed as I could get it by driving up on an obstacle.

I decided to do another flex test, this time using the tractor to lift the tire in a more controlled way, and also very importantly I lifted from the rear. This way the maximum amount of weight could be transferred to the front to absolutely flex it to the max. The only way to stuff it harder would be to literally jump it.

The verdict: Rub. I am a bit disappointed I did not test from the rear the first time. The saving grace is that this is the absolute maximum flex I can achieve and I just barely kiss the fender lip. As I turn, it gets into the wheel liner a bit (not as worried about that).

This is the price I pay for maximum wheel travel. As long as I don't jump it, I think I will be able to wheel this way, but it is important to know the limitations and pick lines to avoid unnecessary risk, and of course know that your maximum flex comes from being positioned nose down.

Moving forward I think my remedy will be ADV's high clearance fenders. I wish more companies jumped into that market, I think its a sweet idea. Any suspension lift kit that "solves" this issue, will come at the sacrifice of jounce travel. Even kits that purport to increase wheel travel, certainly dont in jounce.

Enjoy the pics, this thing really can FLEX!
Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 20221024_170210

Chain is there because I did not want to risk flipping it over by mistake. The tires are just kissing the grass, looks like more because they are at 10 psi and the grass is long.

Have you considered a small body lift? You should be able to get some additional clearance to the fenders this way.
I’ve got a non-SAS BL on order and am very thankful for this thread and the others who already have theirs and are putting the effort in to fit 37’s with the absolute minimum suspension mods.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you considered a small body lift? You should be able to get some additional clearance to the fenders this way.
I’ve got a non-SAS BL on order and am very thankful for this thread and the others who already have theirs and are putting the effort in to fit 37’s with the absolute minimum suspension mods.
I have, definitely not opposed. I prefer body lift to spacer lift for anything over 1" I think, though I would prefer a full on diff drop/suspension rework to either. But yea a body lift would work. I am going to see what I can do with the absolute minimum spacer lift first and report back. I think body lifts get a bad rap and are underrated for a lot of applications.

Sponsored

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think body lifts get a bad rap and are underrated for a lot of applications.
Completely agree. Going from our stock BL on 33" to 37" will get us 2" of clearance everywhere, uniformly (even more if you get true 37" tires). A suspension lift of any height + 37" doesn't buy you any additional clearance to your rear axel, or towards the outside side of the lower control arm up front. Of course the body lift won't get you any additional clearance either, but you've saved a considerable amount of money.

ssstang67

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 & 2011 Mustang 2012 F-150 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Amazing the time some people have on their hands. That was alot of work that could have been had with just a Google search. I wish I had a 1/4 of that time.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't read everything so not sure if somebody already mentioned this but the jks tire clearance kit might help a bit if you're trying to avoid lifting it.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing the time some people have on their hands. That was alot of work that could have been had with just a Google search. I wish I had a 1/4 of that time.
Oh believe me, its not the time. That farm requires a ton of work, and that isnt even my full time job. Full time job being engineering, its rather easy to whip up stuff like this, and I enjoy it.

And no, there isnt a google search result for non-sas badlands clearance issues and limitations with true 37's (BFG's are close, but conservative), definitely not with adequate documentation, so here you go!

And yes, these shenanigans did put me behind on a few things.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model