Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you share the pic, i'd like to see the set up?

Honestly, I don't really plan to jump it anyway, Jumps/speed is way harder on everything than rock crawling or rugged trail riding. That said, I absolutely intend to just my full jounce travel, including the bump stop at full flex. I will test more this weekend and report back.
I doubt I'll be able to find it again. Not even sure if it was here of FB.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE, there are clearance concerns that NEED to be addressed if I want to jump this, or get into the jounce bumpers hard.

Credit due Jdyount and Tricky Dick. This will not be a permanent solution, though I think I will be able to wheel anthing at bundy hill just fine.

My original flex test involved driving up on a rock until I was on two wheels. Of course the flare would rub, but there was a about 0.5" clearance to the fender, and that was as flexed as I could get it by driving up on an obstacle.

I decided to do another flex test, this time using the tractor to lift the tire in a more controlled way, and also very importantly I lifted from the rear. This way the maximum amount of weight could be transferred to the front to absolutely flex it to the max. The only way to stuff it harder would be to literally jump it.

The verdict: Rub. I am a bit disappointed I did not test from the rear the first time. The saving grace is that this is the absolute maximum flex I can achieve and I just barely kiss the fender lip. As I turn, it gets into the wheel liner a bit (not as worried about that).

This is the price I pay for maximum wheel travel. As long as I don't jump it, I think I will be able to wheel this way, but it is important to know the limitations and pick lines to avoid unnecessary risk, and of course know that your maximum flex comes from being positioned nose down.

Moving forward I think my remedy will be ADV's high clearance fenders. I wish more companies jumped into that market, I think its a sweet idea. Any suspension lift kit that "solves" this issue, will come at the sacrifice of jounce travel. Even kits that purport to increase wheel travel, certainly dont in jounce.

Enjoy the pics, this thing really can FLEX!
Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 1666477375734

Chain is there because I did not want to risk flipping it over by mistake. The tires are just kissing the grass, looks like more because they are at 10 psi and the grass is long.
Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 1666477480855

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 1666477503240
Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 1666477540371

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 1666477562437
Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 1666477587289

Last edited:
OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's also worth noting that these are true 37's, at least as true as it gets.

If you are going with 37x12.5 KO2s/KM3's you might have more forgiving results.

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 1666477730465

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE, there are clearance concerns that NEED to be addressed if I want to jump this, or get into the jounce bumpers hard.

Credit due Jdyount and Tricky Dick. This will not be a permanent solution, though I think I will be able to wheel anthing at bundy hill just fine.

My original flex test involved driving up on a rock until I was on two wheels. Of course the flare would rub, but there was a about 0.5" clearance to the fender, and that was as flexed as I could get it by driving up on an obstacle.

I decided to do another flex test, this time using the tractor to lift the tire in a more controlled way, and also very importantly I lifted from the rear. This way the maximum amount of weight could be transferred to the front to absolutely flex it to the max. The only way to stuff it harder would be to literally jump it.

The verdict: Rub. I am a bit disappointed I did not test from the rear the first time. The saving grace is that this is the absolute maximum flex I can achieve and I just barely kiss the fender lip. As I turn, it gets into the wheel liner a bit (not as worried about that).

This is the price I pay for maximum wheel travel. As long as I don't jump it, I think I will be able to wheel this way, but it is important to know the limitations and pick lines to avoid unnecessary risk, and of course know that your maximum flex comes from being positioned nose down.

Moving forward I think my remedy will be ADV's high clearance fenders. I wish more companies jumped into that market, I think its a sweet idea. Any suspension lift kit that "solves" this issue, will come at the sacrifice of jounce travel. Even kits that purport to increase wheel travel, certainly dont in jounce.

Enjoy the pics, this thing really can FLEX!
Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 1666477730465

Chain is there because I did not want to risk flipping it over by mistake. The tires are just kissing the grass, looks like more because they are at 10 psi and the grass is long.

Just to let you know as a warning from someone who has adv’s fenders….they actually have less clearance directly above the tire than the stock sheet metal. They measure the 1” rise from the bottom of the flair….of course I was disappointed in this cause I expected the rise to be measured from the stock sheet metal. I ended up lifting mine a tad to get the clearance I needed. Basically a stock fender with a flair delete would offer more clearance….but I do love the styling of my fiberglass fenders.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to let you know as a warning from someone who has adv’s fenders….they actually have less clearance directly above the tire than the stock sheet metal. They measure the 1” rise from the bottom of the flair….of course I was disappointed in this cause I expected the rise to be measured from the stock sheet metal. I ended up lifting mine a tad to get the clearance I needed. Basically a stock fender with a flair delete would offer more clearance….but I do love the styling of my fiberglass fenders.
Great to know! There is another company that makes huge high clearance ones, but not interested in the style. In the short term, my option will be the Rough Country Spacer lift. Spacer lifts are generally not something I would recomend, and absolutely never anything over 1". I am using the 1" kit, but luckily it is a kit of 3 spacers, so I will try and use only 1 or 2 spacers. Whatever is the minimum required to just clear the fender at full jounce. I dont think I need the full inch.

Also, so long as I keep it to 1" or less I will still have the full wheel travel and the advantage of the badlands coil overs. Down the road I will do a diff drop and maybe add in the 4WP knuckles as Big Meats has done.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if you read my 2 build but I do have the Sasquatch but thats just a lift. I have checked all the clearances as I went and have posted results. It may help you have a better idea of what is needed to clear. Both builds are linked below. Hope it helps save you a little time good luck on you build and like your style.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if you read my 2 build but I do have the Sasquatch but thats just a lift. I have checked all the clearances as I went and have posted results. It may help you have a better idea of what is needed to clear. Both builds are linked below. Hope it helps save you a little time good luck on you build and like your style.
Yes I did! That was one of the ones that informed my decision to go ahead and try it with mine.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the only worry point on my setup with 3 1/2” on 37’s +18 setup not so much the plastic but the wiring directly behind them. Turns out it was a non issue at Drummond island.
Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 7E54F82E-5DD6-4AD6-8CE9-B8629D1C6A34

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics 7B61C93D-280F-4F15-B6D1-2DB20EE95057

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Apologizes if it's already been mentioned, but are you doing these tests with your sway bar disconnected?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologizes if it's already been mentioned, but are you doing these tests with your sway bar disconnected?
Yes, didnt mention it, but yes fully flexed out. I didnt take measurements. But next time I flex it with the tractor I will measure the RTI. It is very impressive for stock suspension.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen a pic already where fenders got crunched from too much poke and a hard landing. I would recommend not getting any air with this setup.
I've seen the same with 35's. To be fair, the driver got some air.

@TeocaliMG
To do this check the correct way, the springs need to come off the shocks, put it all back together and cycle to see what hits or clears.

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics D7FC1828-15F5-4323-A545-978BFDBF0EAF

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen the same with 35's. To be fair, the driver got some air.

@TeocaliMG
To do this check the correct way, the springs need to come off the shocks, put it all back together and cycle to see what hits or clears.

Ford Bronco 37" Tires on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands - My Experience, Results, Pics D7FC1828-15F5-4323-A545-978BFDBF0EAF
Thanks for posting that.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is pretty funny >> First things first, I got the non-sasquatch for a specific reason (aside from the manual) it has more wheel travel.

You have more wheel travel because you have smaller tires. But now that you are running 37s, you actually have way less travel when compared to a SAS bronco.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up and approach! I haven't found much I want to run that needs more than my 33s, but I will likely go up to "true" 34s when my stock BFGs need to be replaced. How is the handling, mileage, ride with the 37s? It is just pounded into my head that un-sprung weight is the enemy of all things suspension, so even plus sizing to 34s makes me question the utility. The other option may be for me to buy a set of 35's to use when I head to Holly Oaks, Drummond or snow wheeling and keep my 33s for general use. Your project has me leaning that way. BTW, Are you a member of the MI Bronco Club? https://michiganbroncos.club/ @'21OBX is one of us 👍 We are having some fun, plus you and I are practically neighbors (I am in Northville and will be watching for you now!).
Sponsored