Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking at buying a base 2dr Bronco but not a fan of the steelies so would like to replace them with something else. Will wheels and tires from a BB or OBX fit on the base bronco without any modifications or issues? If so would the speedometer need to be recalibrated?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything non-Sasquatch will fit fine.

I've noticed Big Bend wheels are always dirt cheap secondhand and I think they're one of the better styles.

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LOTS of people go with Black Diamond take off steelies and they look great imo. The 17x7.5 and 32" tires are a good classic looking combo at a very affordable price. Usually $700-800 +/- $50 depending on location.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No issues. When your speedo shows 60mph you'd be going 64 if you didn't calibrate, switching to BB or OBXs.

255/70-R16 vs 255/75-R17 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World
Ok no a deal breaker but more of an annoyance I guess, lol. Any idea how easy and costly it would be to get the speedometer recalibrated?

Also a question for you and anyone else. Do you find the 2.3 to be loud either just idling or when driving around? I've heard more than a few people say the 2.3 is pretty loud and strange sounding. I guess I need to investigate this further.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.3 sounds kinda like a sewing machine, not bad inside and you get used to it. Check your speedo, it's probably running fast anyway and will be close to right with 32s.
BB wheels are the best! And cheap

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.3 sounds kinda like a sewing machine, not bad inside and you get used to it. Check your speedo, it's probably running fast anyway and will be close to right with 32s.
BB wheels are the best! And cheap
Ok neither issue sounds bad. Do you (or anyone else here) have an opinion on the extended warranty for the Bronco? I'm not sure what it costs or if it's worth it, etc. Just looking for opinions here.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok neither issue sounds bad. Do you (or anyone else here) have an opinion on the extended warranty for the Bronco? I'm not sure what it costs or if it's worth it, etc. Just looking for opinions here.
I would never by an extended warranty, dealer scam........until the Bronco. Being a computer on wheels I bought the Ford ESP from Granger, we'll see if I'm getting old and wise or old and foolish.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would never by an extended warranty, dealer scam........until the Bronco. Being a computer on wheels I bought the Ford ESP from Granger, we'll see if I'm getting old and wise or old and foolish.
May I ask what you paid for the Ford ESP from Granger and how long and how many miles to coverage is good for?

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

May I ask what you paid for the Ford ESP from Granger and how long and how many miles to coverage is good for?
From memory, $1750 for 8yr/100k $100 deductible, with exterior lighting add on. Contact Granger EXTREMELY easy to work with.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From memory, $1750 for 8yr/100k $100 deductible, with exterior lighting add on. Contact Granger EXTREMELY easy to work with.
Wow that's not bad. So does that basically extend the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty so it covers everything covered by the original bumper to bumper warranty? I assume the exterior light add on would cover the led's so probably a good idea too.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow that's not bad. So does that basically extend the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty so it covers everything covered by the original bumper to bumper warranty? I assume the exterior light add on would cover the led's so probably a good idea too.
You really have to read it. I think the tag line is, "Covers over one thousand parts". It is not as comprehensive as the 3/36, but more comprehensive than the 5/60.

My issue will be if I have a problem, I'll have to self diagnose to decide if I'll take it in (if it's one of the 1000+ things) or fix myself

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the two door base and the 2.3L. I put 17 inch wheels and 33" tires on it. I did put a leveling kit to level the front for looks, but I don't think it was necessary to fit. The 2.3L is not loud idling or driving. Here is what it looks like now. I did recalibrate it using a cable from amazon, but the software to do so is free. Took me about an hour to figure it out, but after troubleshooting it would now take me about 10 minutes to do it again. Cable was $60.

Bronco Death Valley.jpeg
Sponsored