Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Have you gone with an all in one solution like GoalZero or Jackery?
Or a component build-out with separate battery/dual battery, charge controller and invertor?
I simple can not find a portable, all in one that fits the bill. Either they allow high current charging but 500 cycle life, or 2000 cycle life but low current charging. Or proprietary connections/solar panels. 🤷
I parted together a system from Renogy and its reasonably priced.
The DC-DC controller monitors and charges your vehicle battery from solar 👍🏻 and allows dual input for your lithium battery.
Of course, laying out and mounting everything may be a challenge.
Also, would need added USB charge ports than the 2 that come with the inverter.
Ford Bronco What's your overlanding power solution? Screenshot_20220212-132036_Edge
Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up a bluetti kit with solar panel when it was on sale
havent really used it yet, but should meet my needs

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who uses a proprietary connection or has a name that is too cute by 1/2 automatically gets a no. I don't play in curated gardens. Redarc, Victor and the like have my interest.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Anyone who uses a proprietary connection or has a name that is too cute by 1/2 automatically gets a no. I don't play in curated gardens. Redarc, Victor and the like have my interest.
I believe you're calling out Jackery. Lol
Do they do this (and limit the inputs) so you can't just connect 700w of solar? Better electronics would be ideal. One of the brands will limit input, so you can connect more solar than it will take, but during off-peak sun hours, you're able to draw in more power. Smart

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been using EcoFlow units, great capacity and charge faster than any other units out there

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I’ve been using EcoFlow units, great capacity and charge faster than any other units out there
But they still only allow 200w solar, which would take hours to charge. Charging from AC at home..? Yeah, super fast.
And the battery chemistry is still only good for 500 cycles. Granted, for weekend use, that's not anything to be too concerned about. And I believe proprietary panel connections. (Which I'd likely rewire to accept non-Ecoflow panels).

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But they still only allow 200w solar, which would take hours to charge. Charging from AC at home..? Yeah, super fast.
And the battery chemistry is still only good for 500 cycles. Granted, for weekend use, that's not anything to be too concerned about. And I believe proprietary panel connections. (Which I'd likely rewire to accept non-Ecoflow panels).
Mines in a cabin so charges fine over solar. They do have a proprietary connection but they come with an adapter to standard solar connectors. The cycles do concern me some but they are cheaper so not as worried there

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've got a Jackery Solar 1000 system. Currently on a family road trip using it in the wife's Gladiator and it's got enough juice to power our Dometic fridge for about four days without being charged. Very happy with it. Haven't tried to recharge via solar yet.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My offroad camper setup includes dual lithium 100AH batteries, Redarc Redvision TVMS, Redarc Manager30, 200w solar & backup Honda 2200 generator that runs off propane when on longer trips or expecting crummy weather for more than a few days.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My offroad camper setup includes dual lithium 100AH batteries, Redarc Redvision TVMS, Redarc Manager30, 200w solar & backup Honda 2200 generator that runs off propane when on longer trips or expecting crummy weather for more than a few days.
Well prepared and solid setup!

Sponsored

Garret Sterling

Black Diamond
First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 160w solar panel and an EcoFlow RIVER Max power station, will also upgrade to a 1000w inverter. This should easily take car of all of my electrical needs. (fridge, charging capabilities for handheld devices, power tools, etc.) However, it all depends on the weather conditions. For heating and cooking propane will be used. Minimal setup is ideal for me.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Speaking of which, I'm surprised that Ford hasn't offered the ProPower system in this truck.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually use this Honda generator, converted for propane use. 1,800 watts peak power and super reliable, long-running, and quiet. Since I always have propane with me for cooking, I simply make sure I bring a full tank and anytime I need electricity I can fire up the generator. Too pricey if just used for camping in my opinion, but since I also have application for this unit at work it made sense for me to spring for it. If interested go to Genconnex.net

Ford Bronco What's your overlanding power solution? honda generator

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks