Sponsored

When I'm done driving Bronco auto shuts off when I stop (fine) but turns on again when I shift into Park.

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have noticed this too. It makes sense why it happens. I wonder what would happen if we pressed the ignition button then shifted to park…
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lucky for you your first Bronco problem is not a problem at all. It is working exactly as it is supposed to.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What's the delay time for auto start stop? You should have plenty of time to stop in your driveway and row it up to park before it even kicks in unless you sit there awhile in drive.

Have you tried the bypass button? Maybe hit that before you pull into your driveway or crank up your AC so it doesn't activate.
the delay seems to be zero, or close to it. soon as you come to a stop and put enough pressure on the brake, it shuts off.

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you. I am aware of this but it seems like an unnecessary step. Programming a 1/2 second delay on sensing an upwards movement of the shifter to see if the driver is switching to Park seems like it would have been an easy thing for them to do but who knows.....
I have noticed this too. It makes sense why it happens. I wonder what would happen if we pressed the ignition button then shifted to park…
[/QUOTE
Thats the answer to this query, the vehicle automatically goes into park. Then you can shift into park. My Explorer has the dial selector and it works well on it no need to touch the dial and put into park. I still forget this and always use the dial and causing the vehicle to restart. But I’m old and hard to unlearn habit. My Ranger has the same thing but it feels odd us the lever after the vehicle is off.

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hitting the start/stop button thats the answer to this query, the vehicle automatically goes into park. Then you can shift into park. My Explorer has the dial selector and it works well on it no need to touch the dial and put into park. I still forget this and always use the dial and causing the vehicle to restart. But I’m old and hard to unlearn habit. My Ranger has the same thing but it feels odd using the lever after the vehicle is off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put it in Sport Mode.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wifes edge does the same thing. After buying it and driving off we stopped at a stop sign and the car shutoff. At first we were like wtf. It’s the dumbest sh!t ever and a huge annoyance, most pointless sh!t ever for vehicles.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How is this a problem?
lol

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How is this a problem?
lol
it struck me strange too. just because I was driving, then the engine turns off, then it turns on when I shift to park, then I turn the car off.

its not a problem, just seems like the engine could stay off while in park unless it needs to be on for HVAC or electric power etc.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you think auto start/stop won't benefit your driving, it can be disabled within FORScan software. You will have to buy a USB to OBDII adapter to do it.
I was this >.< close to doing this with Forscan but read somewhere here that if you disable Auto Start/Stop that way, it is gone for good. Pushing the button on the dash does nothing unless it is re-enabled via Forscan.

I did not test this theory, can anyone confirm or refute?

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was this >.< close to doing this with Forscan but read somewhere here that if you disable Auto Start/Stop that way, it is gone for good. Pushing the button on the dash does nothing unless it is re-enabled via Forscan.

I did not test this theory, can anyone confirm or refute?
I can confirm that. Disabling via FORScan means it cannot be used at all.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like all the "disable button" comments.
The solution is similar, but makes more sense.

You are supposed to use the ON/OFF button when exiting the vehicle. (ignition)

As far as not exiting and just shifting to park is concerned, the vehicle may think you intend to idle for a bit for a train or something, so it runs for the electronics or AC .... until you actually shut it off.
Sponsored