Sponsored

When I'm done driving Bronco auto shuts off when I stop (fine) but turns on again when I shift into Park.

Murph_PEI

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
HI folks, I was hoping my first post would be something much more fun and I certainly am Absolutely loving my new Bronco (A big thing for a 4 time Jeep owner to admit,) but I do need some quick help on a small but annoying item.

Is it actually working as intended when I am done driving, come to a stop, the engine auto-shuts off but then auto-starts again when all I am trying to do is shift from Drive to Park?

I know the shifter is skipping by Reverse on the way up to park but no mater how fast I slam that shifter knob up, it always auto-starts again. The only way to avoid this is to come to a stop and race the shifter up before it auto-stops. A fun game the first few times but now I am growing tired of it.

Searching here and with Google doesn't seem to find anyone else asking about this, so either I'm missing something embarrassingly obvious or my vehicle is acting uniquely and needs some de-bugging. 2022 Big Bend.

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t have my 2D yet, but my wifeā€™s Kia does the same thing. I agree itā€™s unnecessary.

I plan to install the auto start/stop plug in that creates memory so when turned off it stays off. I donā€™t recall what this particular solution Is called and who offers it but it exists.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

100% normal for auto start stop, if you leave it enabled and come to a complete stop if the conditions are correct it will shut off even if you intend to park, and then restart when you shift back to park needing to be shut off manually again. It doesn't seem to make sense if you're already parking, but the vehicle doesn't know that when you initially come to a stop and the conditions were met for auto start stop. You could always just punch the button to disable it prior to parking or do something to disable it fully if it bothers you that much.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you think auto start/stop won't benefit your driving, it can be disabled within FORScan software. You will have to buy a USB to OBDII adapter to do it.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What's the delay time for auto start stop? You should have plenty of time to stop in your driveway and row it up to park before it even kicks in unless you sit there awhile in drive.

Have you tried the bypass button? Maybe hit that before you pull into your driveway or crank up your AC so it doesn't activate.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's the delay time for auto start stop? You should have plenty of time to stop in your driveway and row it up to park before it even kicks in unless you sit there awhile in drive.

Have you tried the bypass button? Maybe hit that before you pull into your driveway or crank up your AC so it doesn't activate.
My question exactly! You should have at least a few seconds before ASS engagesā€¦

OP
OP

Murph_PEI

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just push the disable button under your radio in the center console.
Thank you. I am aware of this but it seems like an unnecessary step. Programming a 1/2 second delay on sensing an upwards movement of the shifter to see if the driver is switching to Park seems like it would have been an easy thing for them to do but who knows.....

Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you can also run your AC at a higher level, turn the heated seats on if you have them, turn the wheel side to side as you are stopping and that will keep the auto stop from engaging.

OP
OP

Murph_PEI

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you can also run your AC at a higher level, turn the heated seats on if you have them, turn the wheel side to side as you are stopping and that will keep the auto stop from engaging.
Hahaha! If my wife starts to complain, I will put these instructions on a yellow sticky note by the shifter for her and see how well that goes. :p

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still wondering how long you are sitting with the barakes on and in Drive before the engine shuts offā€¦?

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, my Ranger does this too and always drives me nuts: pull into my garage, stop, engine shuts off, shift into park, engine starts. I don't recall this behavior in my other car with start/stop, and I think it's because it wouldn't shut off as soon as I pulled in and stopped. It feels like Ford is really aggressive with the stop engine timing.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This does not happen with my Bronco when I back into my garage or park in some parking lot. I get to my space in the garage or lot spot, and shift to park. Motor never shuts off until I push the button. The auto start stop feature is active the entire time.
Sponsored