Sponsored

When should price negotiating begin?

Deleted member 16780

Not sure of your situation, but that stands to reason. What if it were wrecked next week? or you go on a heller road trip and stack 15000 miles on in 45 days?

Still, it does not make it impossible to iron out the price of the vehicle you are ordering. IE, MSRP or invoice or invoice -1000, etc etc etc.
That needs to be ironed out prior to ordering.
I agree, I'm just saying that the dealer said price negation, etc. will take place upon delivery
Basically, when you hold even less power to negotiate
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, I'm just saying that the dealer said price negation, etc. will take place upon delivery
So, did you negotiate a set price for the new Bronco or no?
I guess I never considered that they might want to rake you over the coals on the trade also.
It's almost like you need to agree that the trade in price must meet a certain standard at the time of delivery.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two different transactions/negotiations, each with their own specifics.

The price of my Bronco has already been negotiated between me and my dealer. I know how much money it will take for them to hand over the keys because we know the condition (brand new) it will be in because that’s what the agreement is for. $X.xx for a brand new Bronco with Y specs.

The value of my trade in will be determined when I go to hand the keys to them because we don’t know what condition it will be in at the time. You could lock in your trade value now, you’d just have to sell it outright to the dealer today and hold onto the cash. If you can’t do that because you need your car until the brono arrives, then you are conceding that it will be used and the value will go down.

Anything I negotiate on the trade at the time of delivery will obviously impact what the check is made out for at the end, but that doesn’t change how much the Bronco costs.

(I should note that the price for the Bronco was determined without consideration of whether I’ll have a trade. I told the dealer I wasn’t sure whether I would or not, so it’s not like they offered a lower price expecting to make it up on shorting me in the trade.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 16780

So, did you negotiate a set price for the new Bronco or no?
I guess I never considered that they might want to rake you over the coals on the trade also.
It's almost like you need to agree that the trade in price must meet a certain standard at the time of delivery.
By the time of delivery gas will probably be at $5.00 a gallon so perhaps I’ll have more leverage

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When should price negotiating begin?
Honestly, negotiations should have been done before you chose your dealer when you reserved. Especially in the beginning when we were not aware you could change your dealer once you entered them in your reservation. Nothing worse than being stuck with a dealer who decides they will charge thousands over msrp.
Sponsored