First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think if you reserve and order a vehicle straight from the manufacturer, a dealership should, at most, be where you go to pick up the vehicle. That's it. A dealership shouldn't even be part of that equation and shouldn't get a cut of that sale. The transaction would be between FoMoCo and the customer.
For this to happen across the country, you'd need to have state legislatures in several states to change their laws. 48 states have laws that limit or ban manufacturers from selling vehicles directly to consumers. Tesla is facing numerous lawsuits from state attorney generals challenging their business model. In many cases Tesla has set up Tesla controlled showrooms to skirt around these local laws that have been established to appease local special interest lobbyists funded by auto dealer groups.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Musicalfisherman

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, why haven't you joined the Colorado Buyers Group? They made a deal to purchase from Granger, in Iowa. If I remember correctly, their deal is $1300, below invoice, plus FREE shipping.

Then, all you would need to do is to go to your DMV, to pay the CO tax!
I’m seriously considering it. I thought shipping was like $450? Either way it’s a great deal.

The unknown in all of this is allocations of Broncos to dealers. I’m hoping more info on this will come available. If Granger has 5000 reservations (totally making that number up), am I better off being one of 5000 or one of 100 at a local dealer. No one really knows at this point. So I’m cultivating multiple options.

I heard of a local dealer that’s honoring x-plan pricing. Going to chat with them this weekend. If that’s the case then I’ll have two good options to choose from

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m seriously considering it. I thought shipping was like $450? Either way it’s a great deal.

The unknown in all of this is allocations of Broncos to dealers. I’m hoping more info on this will come available. If Granger has 5000 reservations (totally making that number up), am I better off being one of 5000 or one of 100 at a local dealer. No one really knows at this point. So I’m cultivating multiple options.

I heard of a local dealer that’s honoring x-plan pricing. Going to chat with them this weekend. If that’s the case then I’ll have two good options to choose from
The allocation part of the Dealer formula doesn’t start until all of the existing “reservations” have been filled!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The allocation part of the Dealer formula doesn’t start until all of the existing “reservations” have been filled!
False. This was a change but has been discussed many many times. All Broncos are allocated. There is a formula that defines how many each dealer gets allocated for reservations.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
False. This was a change but has been discussed many many times. All Broncos are allocated. There is a formula that defines how many each dealer gets allocated for reservations.
I saw some questioning about this, but haven't seen anything clearly saying that. Not that its not out there, but I'd like to see it if so. The letter I saw from Ford leaves it open to interpretation to me. I find it hard to believe Ford would tell someone that has a reservation with a group buy dealer that they don't want their money and they won't receive a Bronco.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw some questioning about this, but haven't seen anything clearly saying that. Not that its not out there, but I'd like to see it if so. The letter I saw from Ford leaves it open to interpretation to me. I find it hard to believe Ford would tell someone that has a reservation with a group buy dealer that they don't want their money and they won't receive a Bronco.
It’s in the dealer memo. It clearly says the allocation formula is for MY21, all of which is set aside for reservations. Ford is not turning down money, they are just selling through different dealers to different reservation holders...as there are many more reservations than there will be MY21 Broncos.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It says the '21 allocation formula data is frozen after 9/18. The reservations carry their own allocation, otherwise the reservation would not be portable. The allocations for the next year are based on existing data, sales and otherwise. New model; all '21 sales are anticipated to be converted reservations, so they have to tweak the normal formula to get allocations for '22 that are not tied to reservations, i.e. dealer stock after reservations are filled. Ford then goes on to say the '22 formula (presumably for the following year of 2023 allocations) is not finalized. All this started when that one guy from a Ford dealer claimed that smaller dealers were not going to get the converted reservations built and people should switch to him, obviously not true, but people repeated it enough to believe it is fact.
So yes, the bigger dealers are going to see more allocations after reservations are filled based on the new formula vs the old so that Granger and Stephens don't corner the market on availability in the future simply from selling so many units in the first year.

The conspiracy theory that Ford is going to punish a small dealer's customers for not going to a bigger dealer is laughable. If they wanted to push them to bigger dealers, they would tell the customers that a smaller dealer might not get their orders filled as fast. (To say nothing of the lawsuits from the smaller dealers) The memo was to dealers, not to customers. Believing that allocations for converted reservations are going to be withheld/excessively delayed from non-favored dealers is just silly.

OP
OP
Musicalfisherman

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The memo says "To help manage customer expectations during order conversions, we will communicate an initial allocation forecast ahead of order banks opening using reservations as of September 18th (prior to conversion) along with the other allocation formula factors." So dealers will have at least some number to start with before the reservation process even begins.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-allocated-but-doesn’t-want-you-to-know.7738/

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this entire process and the dealers' reactions to this whole thing is making me question whether or not this will be worth it. My local dealer, where I have my reservation, will not even tell me if they will or will not charge above MSRP. Their response was, we are going to wait and see what other dealers do and follow suit.

What I'm worried will happen is all the early adopters will pay a premium and once the demand is gone, they will be discounted $5k below MSRP. This is similar to what happened with the Gladiator and all the early adopters got screwed.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to have to switch my reservation dealer since they stated today in an email they will be adding a dealer markup to my Bronco they just don't what it will be.
Sponsored