Sponsored

Would you let the Dealer "detail" the Bronco before taking ownership?

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am having reservations on this as I am picky person in general. Are there any pros/cons to letting the dealership prep the car for delivery?

Ford Bronco Would you let the Dealer "detail" the Bronco before taking ownership? 1649255256164
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do whatever floats your boat. Their ā€œdetailā€ is typically quite different from a paid service that professionally details your vehicle. But itā€™s your call.

96dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cobra, 00 Cherokee, 15 F-350, 16 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked them not to touch it before I picked it up other than removing the plastic wrap. I ceramic coated mine in the first week and wanted swirls minimized for application.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never had a dealer actually screw something up when detailing a vehicle. I imagine they hire someone at least somewhat decent at their job. Plus they might find a defect that might not otherwise be noticed while detailing the vehicle.

Only reason I wouldn't is if I was having PPF or ceramic coatings done.

PS- those broncos look like they were in a fire. Downright filthy.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Donā€™t see many cons unless you like to unbox your own new vehicles. I could see how this would be a quasi religious ceremony for many people! For me, I loved being able to drive a fresh and clean car right off the lot (then took the salesman along to do donuts in the mud)

Sponsored
OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Donā€™t see many cons unless you like to unbox your own new vehicles. I could see how this would be a quasi religious ceremony for many people! For me, I loved being able to drive a fresh and clean car right off the lot (then took the salesman along to do donuts in the mud)
I guess I've been jaded ever since I witnessed a car getting "prepped" at a dealership by a teenager using a push broom to soap up the car.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having reservations on this as I am picky person in general. Are there any pros/cons to letting the dealership prep the car for delivery?

Ford Bronco Would you let the Dealer "detail" the Bronco before taking ownership? 1649255256164
I told my salesperson to only detail the inside. Do not wash or detail the outside at all. The corner of my hood has a paint booger so they have to fix it then it will be getting ceramic coated by an outside company.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I told them not to touch mine. Hell I still had all the plastic on the seats lol. I took it to a proper detailer and had it coated after I got it. Only screw up was they installed the front plateā€¦.even after telling them not to 100 timesā€¦

Sponsored

SDBRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't do it. Mine did it without asking and sprayed something on the tires that kicked up all over the body and took my detail guy hours to clean it off.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll let them do the inside but I don't want any car dealer washing or touching the paint of my new vehicle. I spent the last 20 years of my 3M career mostly calling on body, custom paint, and detail shops and unfortunately the lowest paid employees at a car dealer are the ones washing/prepping the cars. I trained thousands of technicians over the years on how to sand/polish paint and most of them needed multiple training sessions and 6+ months of experience before they could get it right.

Unless a car dealer has it's own body shop on site, it's more likely than not that they will put some scratches in the clear coat when they wash it. All it takes is a dirty bucket or wash mitt/towel and a lot of those guys don't care. It happened when I bought a new car in 2015 and I had to take it home and fix it. In 2018 when we bought our Range Rover new, I made sure they didn't touch it.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they clean it, youā€™ll have to spring for your own Stage 3 Motorsports bucket oā€™ mud kit. Seems like a lot of wasted energy, but I guess with the bucket you can rock a two tone Shine + Mud, strategically placed wherever you desire

edit: personally Iā€™m loving that salted matte gray look right off the truck. wonder if I can get that printed on vinyl

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really think there are bigger things to worry about in life, but it is your vehicle...do whatever you feel is best.

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would never let them detail it. I got burned in the past when I got a new black BMW with swirls all over it.
Sponsored