Sponsored

Where are the Rock Chips in your paint ? ? ? ?

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hear a lot of people say they get rock chips from the Sasquatch package or running bigger tires. Where did these rock chips tend to happen and how far up do they tend to happen?
Our first ding/chip is on top of the fender in front of the mirror on the driver's side. That rock must have gone up pretty far to land there with force for it to cause a ding.
Lou
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mud flaps are ugly, they belong behind dually tires and semis. Our 2D Badlands with sasq and stock Goodyears have just under 15k miles, we live on white rock roads and have one light rock scratch on the bottom of the driver door, that's it, and I'd have to point it out for anyone to see it. Now on the underside of the rock sliders, there are some rock chips.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unless you are rock crawling you aren’t gonna rip a mud flap. Not a chance.
Really? I don't rock crawl, but I've gone up "high clearance only" trails that have put dents in my oil pan, ripped my evap canister off, scraped my diffs (Jeep)... But you think a piece of plastic hovering 3-4 inches off the ground isn't going to get ripped off?

Guess all those folks banging up their lower shock mounts that are right by the tires are extremist.

The Bronco is a bad design in that the doors curve outwards. People seem to suggest replacing tires is the fix, but that is really as much of a Band-Aid as mud flaps.

Personally I'm disappointed to hear that the design of the Bronco allows rocks to come up higher than the rocker panels. I had thought about doing rocker panel protection and calling it a day.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Drivers side rear wheel flare is where my big A rock chip is.

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Get a new pair of shoes. Personally, I’d rather sell my Bronco than put mud flaps on her.
Sponsored