Sponsored

Where do you put/store your key fob in the vehicle?

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wannabe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe I am just old but in my F150 I had a physical key which was just fine, so when I got into the truck the key goes into the ignition, turn, vehicle runs. When it is time to get out, take out the key and truck shuts off.

Fast forward to last week when I rented a car with a push-button "keyless" ignition (even though it had a "key" which I had to carry around), and I'll be damned if half the time I lost the fob inside the car since unlike a traditional key which physically holds your keys, this one, rolled off the center console, or fell into a cup holder, or fell in between the seat, et cetera, and sometimes both my wife and I would exit the vehicle, forgetting to push the ignition button to turn the vehicle off LOL. It used to be muscle memory with a physical key.

So what was wrong with the old way? How long did it get you to get used to the push button setup? Is there a place in the bronco to store it, or an aftermarket product to hold your keys like in the "old days?"

Edit: last but not least, I never had to worry about replacing batteries in my F150 key.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CBass

Raptor
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe I am just old but in my F150 I had a physical key which was just fine, so when I got into the truck the key goes into the ignition, turn, vehicle runs. When it is time to get out, take out the key and truck shuts off.

Fast forward to last week when I rented a car with a push-button "keyless" ignition (even though it had a "key" which I had to carry around), and I'll be damned if half the time I lost the fob inside the car since unlike a traditional key which physically holds your keys, this one, rolled off the center console, or fell into a cup holder, or fell in between the seat, et cetera, and sometimes both my wife and I would exit the vehicle, forgetting to push the ignition button to turn the vehicle off LOL. It used to be muscle memory with a physical key.

So what was wrong with the old way? How long did it get you to get used to the push button setup? Is there a place in the bronco to store it, or an aftermarket product to hold your keys like in the "old days?"

Edit: last but not least, I never had to worry about replacing batteries in my F150 key.
Carry mine attached to a carabiner which is hooked into my belt loop. I have lost my Bronco before but never my fob. šŸ˜

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine stays in one of my cupholders at all times. On the rare occasion when I have to lock my bronco, I use the keypad on the outside of the door to lock it. I also use the keypad to unlock it. I always know where my key fob is.

Sponsored

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Mine stays in one of my cupholders at all times. On the rare occasion when I have to lock my bronco, I use the keypad on the outside of the door to lock it. I also use the keypad to unlock it. I always know where my key fob is.
ditto on that. around here we don't lock cars, houses or remove keys

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ditto on that. around here we don't lock cars, houses or remove keys
Consider yourself lucky - We have to put a wheel boot on the lawn tractor. :)

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had fobs/ push button start on my last 4 vehicles and I never want to go back to keys, in fact I live a pretty much keyless life for my average day, my house has keypads. I don't carry keys anymore and that suits me just fine.

The key fob just stays in my pocket, why would it ever need to come out? My only complaint is that Ford loves their big obnoxious key fobs, would love it to be smaller like other ones.

The only benefit of having a key is that you don't need batteries - but the benefits completely out weigh the need to replace batteris.

I never have to take my key out of my pocket when I'm going anywhere.
When I am home in the morning, I can easily start the car with a few clicks.
I can roll down the windows with a few clicks.
I can roll up the windows with a few clicks.
I can walk up to the door and it unlocks.
Not to mention do these things with the phone app.
Which means never getting into a cold or hot car.

I'm in my 50's, so I grew up with keys, and computerless vehicle - I have zero desire to go back to that crap.

With that said, my last ride had push button gear shifting - that I hate with a passion - there should always be a handle gear shifter - but everyone has their own opinion on that crap also. Some people like push buttons , and I know some of you like the gear on the stalk - I don't miss that crap either.

Last edited:

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw this on Etsy and thought it was the dumbest thing ever. But I saw your post and I guess if youā€™re not used to a fob staying in your pocket it has a legitimate use?? Hereā€™s the link.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1730704427/

IMG_9230.jpeg

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

on my belt in a leather fob sheath I picked up off ETSY
il_1588xN.5911345960_k51s.jpg

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve set off the alarm too many times while in my pocket. But its fine in the cargo pouch.

EvilJim1971

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wear Duluth cargo pants almost exclusively.
There is a pocket the perfect size for a key fob on each leg. Bronco fob goes in one, Challenger fob goes in the other.
I don't need to touch the fobs unless I'm changing pants.
I'm 52 and until the last 2 years always had vehicles that used keys to start.
My 96 F-150 is my only driver that still uses a key... And I want to fix that. šŸ¤£

Audiomate

Badlands
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Vertically in between the cup holders. I push down slightly until it is firm but not enough to damage the Bronco or fob. Works like a charm since it doesnā€™t stay on the way of both cup holders.

image.jpg

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same way I did regular keys for decades on a key ring with the rest of keys in my pocket.
Sponsored