Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This did cross my mind. I'm not sure what the proper break in procedure is or if it's even necessary to break in the ecoboost. Maybe Ford will recommend something specific for the Bronco but I kinda doubt it.

I think this is an old school train of thought, but I've always been told to keep the RPMs below 4k, no WOT runs, try to vary your speed somewhat / no cruise control for extended periods, (which may be difficult on the mostly highway trip back to MA), etc when breaking in a new car. The only vehicle I've ever purchased brand new was my 2017 VW GTI and even though VW doesn't outline a break in procedure I did *try* to keep the revs under 4k for the first 1,000 miles and no WOT runs (I may have broken that rule more than a few times). The car now as 44k miles and has had zero issues. I didn't even change the oil at the 1,000 mile mark like some higher performance cars recommend.

If I were to fly the IA and buy the truck from Granger, I'd try to find a route home that was a mix of road types; highway, faster two lane roads, surface streets, etc. Maybe a little wheelin' dirt road exploring too.
Exactly my plan. #geographicsillinesstime "It's IA! There has to be dirt or a big meadow or something around right? Maybe a giant ball of twine or something?"
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently reserved at York Ford in Saugus, MA.

Had a brief text exchange with the sales manager there and he confirmed no ADM. Haven't heard back about X-Plan pricing. He also mentioned that they will start taking "orders" in September. This has me a bit leery as I know Ford isn't taking Bronco orders until December. I'm assuming based on feedback from other users here that they'll just want me to put down a nonrefundable deposit of some amount in September so that I can't switch dealers without forfeiting the deposit, thus trying to lock them in as my dealer. Not very comfortable with that at all. When I made my reservation I'm pretty sure York was the only option... no drop down menu or anything with other local to me Ford dealers.

I'm planning to call around to the other Ford dealers in my area (I live just north of Boston) and see who's actually taking orders in December, no ADM fee, X-Plan honored, ect.

I've also been considering switching to Granger in Iowa for the $1,000 off invoice incentive and no ADM trickery. I like how they have a sales rep that's active on here and seems really transparent. One way flights are cheap out of Logan (~$120) and the drive back to MA would certainly allow me to get well acquainted with the new truck. I'm going to see if I can find an honest, local dealer first but that's my plan C at the moment.

If any other Mass folks have a dealer that isn't trying to pull a fast one please let me know!
I know Hillsboro Ford in NH has no ADM. They are unsure about X-Plan at the moment, though.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will have to see who will take the X-Plan around me, either McGovern or Acton Ford. Right now nobody seems to answer much until the official pricing is released.
Hi
I'm on the forum as an enthusiast first (2 door badlands on reservation), but I saw the thread and wanted to chime in. I'm the GM at Acton Ford. If Ford offers Xplan on Bronco, and you qualify for X Plan, we'll honor it.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't seem like they are responding about xplan and adm, their response seems to be about switching your reservation to their dealership?
That was in response to me asking if they’ll be accepting x-plan because my current reserving dealership will not.

Salvo87

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Frontier, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Coming from someone that hasn't cost compared? Their offer is less than my local dealership here in GA ... and that's with an estimate of $850 shipping included.
Who is your local dealer ? I went with Akins in Winder because of several purchases before. Drive through Johns Creek to 400.

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Diehl's Ford Sales
11782 National Pike
Grantsville, MD 21536
Did this dealership make any commitment to no ADM, honoring x-plan, etc?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve made up my mind. I’m going with Granger assuming I can keep my place in line. I’ll be making the call today to switch the reservation from a Houston dealer to Granger. It’s a $200 flight worst case scenario and $200 in gas on the 13 hour drive back. I’ll probably stop in KC for some BBQ too.

In short, I’m not chasing dealers. They all should be chasing us, the customers, like Granger has. And I mean that with the upmost respect for Granger. I would highly recommend everyone else to do the same if logistically possible.

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi
I'm on the forum as an enthusiast first (2 door badlands on reservation), but I saw the thread and wanted to chime in. I'm the GM at Acton Ford. If Ford offers Xplan on Bronco, and you qualify for X Plan, we'll honor it.
That is good to hear, thank you.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who is your local dealer ? I went with Akins in Winder because of several purchases before. Drive through Johns Creek to 400.
Morning ... mine is Angela Krause there in Roswell.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Granger Ford, Iowa

Honest dealers who refuse to take advantage of their customers just because a new model is in demand deserve lots of business. That’s the only way you will convince the average dealership to change their business model to stop taking the customer for granted.

Sponsored

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Granger is at $1300 now. strongly - strongly considering that myself. As long as we plan on a few days back then the whole "steady mph during break in issue" is a non-starter. Just hoping that some dealers in or near MA decide to be a bit more willing to lower the up front $$ in favor of longer term $$$.

Not trying to be a sales sucker but if we go out of town then that also helps with our MA excise tax. So each $ helps.
Granger is doing $1,300 off invoice? I just checked their website and it's still showing $1,000. Regardless, I'm still considering switching to them. Once the build configurator goes live in September and we can see what our all-in price totals then I'll make the dealer decision.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I retract this! They have just confirmed to me no ADM but no confirmation on X-Plan as they don't know if Ford will be offering it or not!

? I'm happy now! Damn December can't come soon enough!!

Ash
good to know. I am with Davnvers Ford as well but have not reached out them about pricing and ADM or not. I really don't want to go through the hassle of changing dealers. I want to get a fair price, place order then try to figure out how to wait 6+ months. I keep holding out that once orders are in that Ford will begin to deliver sooner than later.

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
good to know. I am with Davnvers Ford as well but have not reached out them about pricing and ADM or not. I really don't want to go through the hassle of changing dealers. I want to get a fair price, place order then try to figure out how to wait 6+ months. I keep holding out that once orders are in that Ford will begin to deliver sooner than later.
Same! This 6+months are going to be torture haha

I'm sure once alot of those reservations are cancelled and they get a solid number on orders they'll be able to plan and ramp up production accordingly, would much prefer it for next summer rather than winter!!!

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve made up my mind. I’m going with Granger assuming I can keep my place in line. I’ll be making the call today to switch the reservation from a Houston dealer to Granger. It’s a $200 flight worst case scenario and $200 in gas on the 13 hour drive back. I’ll probably stop in KC for some BBQ too.

In short, I’m not chasing dealers. They all should be chasing us, the customers, like Granger has. And I mean that with the upmost respect for Granger. I would highly recommend everyone else to do the same if logistically possible.
I’m seriously considering switching to granger. 1300 mile ride back home, no highway, just to break it in a bit. Will prob jump on at 600 miles or so. With the $1,300 x plan discount I’ll still be saving roughly $500 over buying here with straight x plan. Using figures from the spread sheet. Plus it’ll be a cool little road trip.
Sponsored