Sponsored

White top CONFIRMED (again) as part you can order for your vehicle.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after the announcement of them limiting white tops to "certain trims and special editions" I had a bit of a freak out since it was the day after i ordered my antimatter bronco. I assumed this would prevent customers from simply ordering a white mod top as a part and they would keep it as a "special treat" for trims and special broncos..

However i was wrong and it seems we can still do so even with the heritage bronco announcement. sorry if this isnt ground breaking news for some but for white top people its important.

Ford Bronco White top CONFIRMED (again) as part you can order for your vehicle. white to
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Good news but might be some time before they ship one if they're competing with the line orders.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah but he didnt say what year. I have a feeling iā€™ll be able to get a factory installed white top on a MY22 6-8 months before someone can order a replacement white top from their dealership.

As of a month ago guys were still waiting to order the winch and mounting kit for their super duty tremors after being announced as a 2020 option. But yet tremors ordered with the winch package had been receiving them. It was the guys who were buying after the fact that were SOL.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah but he didnt say what year. I have a feeling iā€™ll be able to get a factory installed white top on a MY22 6-8 months before someone can order a replacement white top from their dealership.

As of a month ago guys were still waiting to order the winch and mounting kit for their super duty tremors after being announced as a 2020 option. But yet tremors ordered with the winch package had been receiving them. It was the guys who were buying after the fact that were SOL.
the only factory white tops are going to be for special editions and white broncos.

for the rest of us we have to order the white mod top

(until ford sees the demand for it and likely sets it up as an alternate for the black top)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford runs it like Jeep those Mod tops ordered from the parts counter will be unpainted. Any replacement painted part at Ford right now comes unpainted and has to go to a body shop.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So after the announcement of them limiting white tops to "certain trims and special editions" I had a bit of a freak out since it was the day after i ordered my antimatter bronco. I assumed this would prevent customers from simply ordering a white mod top as a part and they would keep it as a "special treat" for trims and special broncos..

However i was wrong and it seems we can still do so even with the heritage bronco announcement. sorry if this isnt ground breaking news for some but for white top people its important.

Ford Bronco White top CONFIRMED (again) as part you can order for your vehicle. white to
Ford Bronco White top CONFIRMED (again) as part you can order for your vehicle. 1612135089363

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford runs it like Jeep those Mod tops ordered from the parts counter will be unpainted. Any replacement painted part at Ford right now comes unpainted and has to go to a body shop.
Right.

This has always been the case.

You can order a roof whatever colour you want. Money, time, and availability will likely be your enemy though.

Same as you'll be able to order a door, hood, fenders, etc. in whatever colour you want.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right.

This has always been the case.

You can order a roof whatever colour you want. Money, time, and availability will likely be your enemy though.

Same as you'll be able to order a door, hood, fenders, etc. in whatever colour you want.
While Mike isnā€™t lying, I donā€™t think he is being upfront about the whole white top thing either. That top is going to be darn close to $4k by the time it hits your rig. Initial b&p cost for a mod top is around $2900ish, plus shipping, plus dealer add on, plus body shop for paint. Yikes.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has been said elsewhere - though Ford might have service PN for a white-painted modular top, it is much more likely that they will be stocked like any other painted body panel is - in primer. The dealer or body shop will paint them upon receipt. They do this for a couple reasons; first, they don't have to maintain an inventory of every color version (keep in mind that OB models will have them in all body colors). Second, there is much less chance of the paint being damaged in shipping / handling / storage if they aren't painted at all. Primer will still protect steel parts from corrosion and is still relatively durable to handling compared to final paint. So I think its more likely that when you order a white top as a service part, it could also be a black top or a body color top - cuz you'll get to choose the color.

Last edited:

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After market will make a white top.
It will likely be expensive.
But worth it for me. I want a white top.
Sponsored