Sponsored

White top CONFIRMED (again) as part you can order for your vehicle.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While Mike isn’t lying, I don’t think he is being upfront about the whole white top thing either. That top is going to be darn close to $4k by the time it hits your rig. Initial b&p cost for a mod top is around $2900ish, plus shipping, plus dealer add on, plus body shop for paint. Yikes.
So what you're saying basically is that ordering the mod top painted shadow black now and then getting it painted at some point in the future is ALWAYS going to be cheaper than getting a soft or MIC top now and buying it later.

'Cause that's my plan!
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what you're saying basically is that ordering the mod top painted shadow black now and then getting it painted at some point in the future is ALWAYS going to be cheaper than getting a soft or MIC top now and buying it later.

'Cause that's my plan!
All of us are guessing at this point,but they are educated guesses by comparing the way Jeep does things and how Ford handles painted items at them moment. They could ship you a painted white top for $3000 that is ready to go, but most of us doubt that very much. Again we are doing our best guessing.

What I am saying about the black Mod top is get that now and just wrap it white for $350 and be done. The Mod tops are going to scratch so easy that your going to want to have it protected with vinyl anyways. Why wait for a white Mod, spend more money getting it just to have it wrapped in clear to protect it for years to come? Also if you get bored of white you can peel it and have a black one for a bit. Just my two cents and its worth about that much.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of us are guessing at this point,but they are educated guesses by comparing the way Jeep does things and how Ford handles painted items at them moment. They could ship you a painted white top for $3000 that is ready to go, but most of us doubt that very much. Again we are doing our best guessing.

What I am saying about the black Mod top is get that now and just wrap it white for $350 and be done. The Mod tops are going to scratch so easy that your going to want to have it protected with vinyl anyways. Why wait for a white Mod, spend more money getting it just to have it wrapped in clear to protect it for years to come? Also if you get bored of white you can peel it and have a black one for a bit. Just my two cents and its worth about that much.
Very true. The MOD top should be able to be easily wrapped, while I don't believe the MIC top will be able to be wrapped successfully.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the only factory white tops are going to be for special editions and white broncos.

for the rest of us we have to order the white mod top

(until ford sees the demand for it and likely sets it up as an alternate for the black top)
Has that been 100% confirmed by the top Ford officials though? The way Ford has been doing things, I’ll take my chances that its not just limited to special editions only. Either way, the wife will be rockin a cactus gray 4dr BL and white mod top, one way or another without going through the parts department.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right...but that doesn't change anything fundamental about my post. Body color or not, they aren't likely to stock painted panels. If it has a surface meant to be painted, they'll probably stock the service parts in primer. The MIC top, of course, will be its final color because its MIC. They might do something similar for the modular top if they only came in one color, but since they come in every color - oxford white included - they'll save themselves the complexity. Also, by stocking in primer, they sidestep the problem of obsolescence due to annual color changes. The parts aren't MY specific if they don't have specific paint on them.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHEN in 22 is the real question.

Still have a warm fuzzy??

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the source related to Claycomo or KCPD?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My reservation is for early July 15th...currently a ‘22 projection but we will see. Would love to see this thing be timed perfectly with an early ‘22 delivery and snow colored lid.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer was not happy when I told him that I wanted to convert when MY22 opens. If I get pushback I will move my res and he will miss out on a repeat buyer in a year or two when I order a F150 for my wife ;) I am not in the mood to settle for less than I want and regret it, I would rather wait.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even Better, My "contact" does not have inside info and is at KCPD. He did help save me some $ when the F350 when down on vacation out of state. Dealer bill went from 1500 to 750.
Sponsored