Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This isn’t my area of expertise, but how does this make sense if they’re making it a late availability option? If they’re streaming the operation they still won’t be caught up with reservations but will produce it for later reservations and parts departments? Could you shed some light on this for me? Thanks.
Here’s an article about it.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...d-wildtrak-reservation-holders-get-a-surprise

And here is the email from Ford. I’m not sure where the story about manufacturing availability came from, but this email has been posted everywhere.

Ford Bronco Dealer says Modular Painted Top can be ordered as service part aftersales (in future) 0F7A4C38-01DD-4CD8-9AFE-CC5B691794D9

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s an article about it.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...d-wildtrak-reservation-holders-get-a-surprise

And here is the email from Ford. I’m not sure where the story about manufacturing availability came from, but this email has been posted everywhere.

0F7A4C38-01DD-4CD8-9AFE-CC5B691794D9.jpeg
Yeah, I’ve seen this too and I’m not sure that I’m buying into the reason. There seem to be a number of big flaws in the rationale, but again, auto manufacturing isn’t something I know. Thanks for keeping the information coming.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are 2 types of sound deadening. One is built into the body if you option the high package. The other is a panel kit for the roof and a stand alone item for $495.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems pretty clear. Body sound dampening is listed in the high package. If you go lux, it also states everything in the high package is included in lux.
"On the positive side, if you're going Lux, the sound dampening should be in the High Package. I just think the B&P tool doesn't recognize that if you select it as an option"
"Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner"
Reading both descriptions should make this clear.

Sponsored

Big_G

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These pics do look nice, but who in the hell buys a 55K+ vehicle and has to then pay to get the molded plastic painted?
That's what I'm saying too . I want an all white Wildtrak , handles , mirrors ,and roof all white.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The lux package says nothing about sound deadening in the roof because that is a stand alone option and not part of ANY package.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In my opinion, Cactus Grey looks so much better with the white top.

Ford Bronco Dealer says Modular Painted Top can be ordered as service part aftersales (in future) white
Ford Bronco Dealer says Modular Painted Top can be ordered as service part aftersales (in future) vehicle.pn

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aka if you order a car this year with grey top you can upgrade later! Sorry if this is obvious but good news for all!

Here's the email:

c06275ac-23c5-4e44-82d9-d0d27bb692b7-jpeg.jpg
I am ordering a Wild Trak, am I reading correctly?
Can place my order, request a black painted top as originally described and wait till available so Ford will ship the entire vehicle with a black painted top late in 2021 ?

Or take delivery with the grey MIC whenever and they ship the top when it becomes available?

Sponsored

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you really wanted the white top could you go with the soft top now and then buy the white hardtop when it's available? Any idea the cost and if the soft top easily replaceS with hard top?

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd imagine switching roofs would be easy since at one point they were going to offer a dual option. They've also said that if you are a my22 order you will be able to make changes reflecting the MY22 options so you could get a white roof.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, not this simple. It may not have the wiring run to the rear window needed for the hardtop.
Sponsored