First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 1% that require the 7 pin will be along shortly.
1% here. No bike rack here. Hard to use my adventure vehicle for my type of adventure when you canā€™t use reverse.

?hash=cac5c78ce06d758212c9a59299a85195.jpg

25C71A38-60E1-42A7-8A0D-A9188F9EB7C0.jpeg

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else losing hope? I'm a 7/20/20 res holder with a 1/20/21 order and 10/2021 re-order. Still nothing in terms of a VIN or Build date. Just complete silence from Ford. Yes, I have most of the sins selected. But now almost 2 years out it's getting ridiculous. Who else is in a similar position and losing hope? Seeing people place orders over a year after my reservation and getting their build within months has been completely demoralizing. My girlfriend ordered a Bronco Sport in October 2021 and just took delivery this week, which is now making me itch to get my Bronco. Now looking at the prospects of getting pushed to a 2023.

I'm considering eliminating the tow package to try and speed things up and going aftermarket later. The main reason I wanted the tow is to put a bicycle hitch carrier for my mountain bikes.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

4DRBADLANDS/A51/SAS/2.7/Lux/Tow
Losing hope because of a vehicle you donā€™t need is taking longer than expected to be built? Good thing you donā€™t live in Ukraine right now, youā€™d be down right devastated.

OP
OP
tambrico

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Losing hope because of a vehicle you donā€™t need is taking longer than expected to be built? Good thing you donā€™t live in Ukraine right now, youā€™d be down right devastated.
Losing hope with regards to getting my vehicle in a timely fashion and within the timeline promised by ford. Losing hope that my current vehicle will last long enough until the one I ordered arrived.

This has nothing to do with Ukraine. Always someone in these threads that needs to escalate to hyperbole and dramatics.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK Karl, I'm calling horse hocky here. We took the Jeep JL you see in my avatar from North Carolina west to Deadwood, SD. Back on Hwy 90 to Soiux Falls, then south to Miami, OK. From Miami we took Route 66 to Tucumcari, NM to visit friends. Then back to North Carolina on Hwy 40. I was 65 years old, and had a friggin' blast (the wife said I had better not tell you how old she was). :)

So, you tell those long time Jeep owners to stow that shit. You get you a Rubi if you want one. Age ain't got a damn thing to do with having fun.(y)
Preferences of color, pizza, cars, seats, furniture, doneness of a steak, you name it, are specific to the individual. What one likes the next does not. That's why life is full of choices. So today, I go to the nearest Jeep store, just to see for myself. Website said they had 2 Rubicons, but of course they didn't. Young sales kid didn't know anything, but finally offered to let me drive a used basic 2018 Rubicon w/ 40k miles. He goes to get it. After 15 minutes, he's back w/o jeep. He sheepishly says he can't drive a manual. I say you're in luck, I can. So we go for a ride. The kid makes small talk and asks about my kids and how old they are. I tell him and he says, that's the age of his parents. I smiled.

Re: the ride. I didn't find it particularly bothersome to keep in a straight line, but it just didn't light my fire. Yes I know a new one would be better. But almost as important was the fact they want $10k adm for everything and said it takes 4-6 months to receive a custom order. My friends know my likes and dislikes very well. And I think they were right. What both Mrs Contented and I REALLY want is a Bronco. Just didn't want to wait a year and that pointed us toward the jeep as an interim solution. You like Jeeps, me not as much. But that's perfectly ok.

At 65, you're just a youngster. I'm quite capable of having fun and doing what I want. My kids might tell you "too much so". When we finally get the Bronc, we're headed to Death Valley and Moab with one of my Jeep friends. They're trailering theirs across the country.

Re: having fun. Mrs Contented says shelf roads are too much fun. :)

Take care. Contented

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ditch the tow. I'm confused why so many buyers want to hold out for tow pkg constraint - just go aftermarket (as you suggest) or OEM below - it's just a hitch.

https://accessories.ford.com/collections/trailer-towing?pf_t_model=Model:+Ford_Bronco_2021&page=1
There are a lot of discussions on the tow package. Long story short: if all you want is a hitch for bikes, go aftermarket. If all you need is a four pin connector for towing, go aftermarket. If you have a camping trailer that requires the 7-pin, you are probably better off keeping the tow package. The factory 7-pin integrates with all of the electronics. Ford is deprioritizing these orders because the tow installation slows down the production line.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone else losing hope? I'm a 7/20/20 res holder with a 1/20/21 order and 10/2021 re-order. Still nothing in terms of a VIN or Build date. Just complete silence from Ford. Yes, I have most of the sins selected. But now almost 2 years out it's getting ridiculous. Who else is in a similar position and losing hope? Seeing people place orders over a year after my reservation and getting their build within months has been completely demoralizing. My girlfriend ordered a Bronco Sport in October 2021 and just took delivery this week, which is now making me itch to get my Bronco. Now looking at the prospects of getting pushed to a 2023.

I'm considering eliminating the tow package to try and speed things up and going aftermarket later. The main reason I wanted the tow is to put a bicycle hitch carrier for my mountain bikes.

Unless you are in need of transportation you should be patient and don't give in to dropping items hoping to move up. I am a 7/18 and have a WT/LUX/Tow/MODB/MIC and I am standing firm. You are more than "halfway home" in time. With the FORD NO MARCH ONLINE ORDER BANK frozen this will lean to those reservation holders seeing movement towards a build. Now stop the dealers from placing special orders. That 's another story.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Losing hope with regards to getting my vehicle in a timely fashion and within the timeline promised by ford. Losing hope that my current vehicle will last long enough until the one I ordered arrived.

This has nothing to do with Ukraine. Always someone in these threads that needs to escalate to hyperbole and dramatics.
I agree and liked your response.

But...

Have to admit...

tenor.gif

Sponsored

RVABronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Almost identical build. Dropped tow package a month ago. It really sucks but stay strong

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Preferences of color, pizza, cars, seats, furniture, doneness of a steak, you name it, are specific to the individual. What one likes the next does not. That's why life is full of choices. So today, I go to the nearest Jeep store, just to see for myself. Website said they had 2 Rubicons, but of course they didn't. Young sales kid didn't know anything, but finally offered to let me drive a used basic 2018 Rubicon w/ 40k miles. He goes to get it. After 15 minutes, he's back w/o jeep. He sheepishly says he can't drive a manual. I say you're in luck, I can. So we go for a ride. The kid makes small talk and asks about my kids and how old they are. I tell him and he says, that's the age of his parents. I smiled.

Re: the ride. I didn't find it particularly bothersome to keep in a straight line, but it just didn't light my fire. Yes I know a new one would be better. But almost as important was the fact they want $10k adm for everything and said it takes 4-6 months to receive a custom order. My friends know my likes and dislikes very well. And I think they were right. What both Mrs Contented and I REALLY want is a Bronco. Just didn't want to wait a year and that pointed us toward the jeep as an interim solution. You like Jeeps, me not as much. But that's perfectly ok.

At 65, you're just a youngster. I'm quite capable of having fun and doing what I want. My kids might tell you "too much so". When we finally get the Bronc, we're headed to Death Valley and Moab with one of my Jeep friends. They're trailering theirs across the country.

Re: having fun. Mrs Contented says shelf roads are too much fun. :)

Take care. Contented
It's quite true that likes are different in different folks. Oh, and, it's been quite a while since someone called me a "youngster". Thanks, I liked it......:)

Hope you get a build date soon my friend.

Cleehb

Big Bend
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot, Hyundai Pallisade
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my dealer is quoting around $800 to order and install the 4pin tow package and states the rear bumper still needs to come off to install. Is this information correct? If so, I do not want to pay more for a lesser hitch and may just leave tow on my build and hope I get scheduled soon.
Yes, but with some tools it takes less than and hour to drop bumper and install hitch. The 4 pin wiring must be what drives cost up

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yeahā€¦ yeah, ice mountainā€™s got nothing on that.
Sponsored