Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any teaser renderings you can show us of your coming parts?
That one wont be shown until I have a full working prototype to show. I'm really looking forward to showing it off but we have to wait until it's actually on the Bronco to show as it's still evolving as we go.
Sponsored

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you given any thought to a front hitch?

A marina or trailer seller handling lots of trailers, or the ability to attach a winch at either end using same receiver and only when needed(so it doesn't raise havoc with front sensors on the road)

Or hauling an extra long canoe, skiff, lumber, a vertical rack to support load mounted in front receiver.

Or to temp add a fishing rod rack. Etc
I also would like this option

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you given any thought to a front hitch?

A marina or trailer seller handling lots of trailers, or the ability to attach a winch at either end using same receiver and only when needed(so it doesn't raise havoc with front sensors on the road)

Or hauling an extra long canoe, skiff, lumber, a vertical rack to support load mounted in front receiver.

Or to temp add a fishing rod rack. Etc
I also would like this option
With our ACC relocate bracket a front hitch is a good possibility. The the best location is where the ACC sensor is currently located. That would make for a Direct pull point from the frame.
We could also in theory do a hitch receiver under the factory bumper through the skid plate but that would require more of a structure to make strong IE "more money to produce" and cutting of the skid for a receiver opening.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just ordered this hitch. I don't even have a glimpse of my Bronco yet though. LOL
Thanks for the order, Their seems to be a lot of people doing that. As we have shipped a few dozen of these out already and only just found that I designed the hitch pin location backwards from a customer in this thread. I only test fit the lock & roll, Max coupler and my B&W hitch on the prototype without considering the standard shank hitches or I would of caught it ":poop:"

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With our ACC relocate bracket a front hitch is a good possibility. The the best location is where the ACC sensor is currently located. That would make for a Direct pull point from the frame.
We could also in theory do a hitch receiver under the factory bumper through the skid plate but that would require more of a structure to make strong IE "more money to produce" and cutting of the skid for a receiver opening.
Underneath with a cut out on the current skid plate I think would be a pretty good compromise. All in all in the short run I will probably just pick up a winch bumper at first. Thanks for the reply.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that's not right! The hitch pin holes should be other way. I can see why you would try to install it the other way after installing putting a hitch in the receiver.

We have been using that receiver plate for a few years in our rear bumpers and that is the opposite orientation then our bumpers. Not allowing the pin to reach unless its a 8.5" HD hitch or longer "I just confirmed" on one of our bumpers. That's a design flaw on my end the lower plate should be flipped bringing the hole closer to the back.

We want them to be usable even with the light weight short shank class 2 hitches and bike racks so I'll be replacing all the hitches that were shipped out next week.

Thankfully only a few dozen have been shipped and you are the only person that's actually tried a standard length shank in the receiver so far. We have hundreds ready to assemble so getting replacements out with the pin hole in the correct location next week will be simple.

The hitch you have now will work with extended 8.5" or larger hitches. it's yours to do what you please as you will be receiving a complete replacement.
Find a buddy to sell/give it to that's willing to drill a new hole or buy an extended hitch and they can use it. It's still a perfectly usable hitch they just need a longer shank to reach the pin hole.
I still have my hitch in the box. Send it back or maybe exchange it for a new hitch, on a bumper, with a swing gate? ;)

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your list sounds great, can't wait to see some pics of the finished products..

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still have my hitch in the box. Send it back or maybe exchange it for a new hitch, on a bumper, with a swing gate? ;)
Already working on the new ones be on the lookout for another tracking email.

Sponsored

Dark Knight Squatch

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Police Interceptor Utility
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Were very excited to be designing and building parts for the new Bronco. We loved it so much we bought two!
20211101_093809-01.jpeg

Bay Area Metal Fabrication (BAMF) Started in 2011 with Toyotas building parts for Tacoma & 4Runners. For the last decade we have been a leader in high quality US made off road parts.

All of the products we manufacture are made in house right here in Benicia CA. Not a single step of the process is outsourced. From design to finishing it's all under one roof. Were about quality here not speed so we do tend to take longer to manufacture than the larger names but the quality stands out from the rest. Made in the USA with US made materials means a lot today in this industry and were proud of that.

20210929_100154.jpg

Our Bronco Hitch in the raw
20210917_083535.jpg

20210917_163909-01.jpeg

20210915_081513-01.jpeg

We are jumping in the Bronco full steam! we will have lots of new products in 2022 from bumper to bumper and every spot in-between.

Here are a few items Currently in the design phase to look out for.

1. Rear plate bumper with Dual swing arms and tire carrier
2. Frame mounted bolt on Rock sliders 4d & 2d
3. Full Under belly skid plates, shock skids, LCA skids, Rear diff skid
4. Soft-top Roof rack (with the factory soft top still foldable)

5. Rear gate reinforcement for larger tires/tire delete (modular system)
BAF04545.jpg

20211006_173655 (1).jpg

What we offer for the bronco can be found on our website HERE
Your website does not work (at least the link you provided and when I try to access it online it doesn't work.)

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your website does not work (at least the link you provided and when I try to access it online it doesn't work.)
The DNS server is down currently we were just notified. It should be back up shortly.

Lawndart145

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dark Knight Squatch

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Police Interceptor Utility
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BAMF Do you guys do pickups and can you do installs? I live in Napa so not too far, kinda a novice so.
Sponsored