Sponsored

Who used a trade towards their bronco and how did it work?

Cyclone1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want to place an order here shortly on a new Bronco but have a trade. While I will know what I’m paying for the Bronco, I’m trying to figure out how the trade value works.
I know they can’t give me a price now but my concern is that the Bronco will come in and they will lowball me on my trade.
So to the guys who used a trade, did you discuss the value or work a deal ahead of time or did you just have to wait and hope they gave you a good price?
I would be okay if they agreed to give me whatever KBB is at the time of trade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Me too. I’m hoping for kbb value.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check NADA and KBB for the real value of your trade. Also check on what kind of cash offers you can get from affiliated dealers to other websites. Way more convenient to trade than to sell, but just be informed...

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Cyclone1 and @cbrownabq

I had multiple local dealerships give me their online bid for my trade in and sent the higher 3 to the dealer letting them know what I can get. They will fight to get your trade in because they need more cars to sell on the lot.

This worked great for me and I got quite a bit for my trade in. Email them the offers. Yes you will get bugged via email and text/calls but it will be worth the extra 1-2k you can get out of it. Do the check of offers a week or 2 before you are going to get delivery on your Bronco to let them know you are serious.

Good luck!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Cyclone1 and @cbrownabq

I had multiple local dealerships give me their online bid for my trade in and sent the higher 3 to the dealer letting them know what I can get. They will fight to get your trade in because they need more cars to sell on the lot.

This worked great for me and I got quite a bit for my trade in. Email them the offers. Yes you will get bugged via email and text/calls but it will be worth the extra 1-2k you can get out of it. Do the check of offers a week or 2 before you are going to get delivery on your Bronco to let them know you are serious.

Good luck!
I did a similar thing. Reached out to a few dealerships, see who wanted my vehicle the most. I checked with my dealership I’m buying my Bronco from and some Jeep dealerships. When I factored in my tax savings to trade-in to Ford that turned out to be the best/easiest offer vs. selling elsewhere.

They also noted on my paperwork that the trade-in value was valid whenever my Bronco arrives. That meant I could keep driving it, adding kilometres to it, and they’d offer me the same amount.

I thought that was good of them and was happy they did that, and put it all in writing on my vehicle purchase agreement.

Sponsored

Sikinboat

First Edition
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
this will very by each states set of rules. I'm in Missouri and here you can use the value of a vehicle you sell to offset the taxes on a new vehicle if bought within 6 months of the sold one just need to have a notorized bill of sale or one from a dealer. I sold my Raptor to givemethevin.com, after checking with vroom, carvana, carmax, and my local dealer. I sold to the highest offer my dealer I have bought 10 vehicles from but he couldn't come close to the offer they made. But those online places can give you a rough idea of what you can possibly expect plus its in writing you can use it to show your dealer.

aherried

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Carnac and carvana offered me private party value for my BMW so I went that route. Sold it for $2k more than I a paid a year prior

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carmax, carvana, vroom can all give a price fairly quickly if it’s late model. I sold my 2017 Toyota Highlander to vroom about 8 weeks ago. Very easy process. My wife got a new Lexus and the dealer offered her a bad trade value on her Lincoln. In Maryland you get to roll the trade tax so make sure you account for the full value. Even losing 6% was a better deal at vroom than trade. Until my bronco comes in I’m driving my wife’s old Lincoln. The becomes mildly problematic when my 16 year old gets her license.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check carmax, caravana and Vroom first. Getting a quote is super easy online. Take those with you and then negotiate from there. Keep in mind getting slightly less on trade will save you on taxes on the Bronco though.

OP
OP

Cyclone1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks all! I will check carmax, caravana and Vroom and then go from there. Trading would be the easiest but having numbers from these sites should help in negotiating with the dealer.

Sponsored

Someshoes

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get wildly different offers from carmax, carvana, a few of them. I wish I knew why. I am in the same type of predicament. Since I wont see my Bronco until 2027 I have plenty of time to figure it out.

The new game my household is playing is will I get my Lightning before I get my Bronco.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If your just placing an order now the value of your current vehicle when your bronco delivers is too far out.

Do not do a dealer trade, they will low ball. Carvana gave me the highest offer compared to vroom, carmax car buyer usa, etc… I didn’t even consider a stealership trade.

You can submit your car info to Caravana now to get an idea on current value.

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree on Carvana, CarMax and Vroom first. I got the best offer from CarMax but the others were close. Don't forget about tax advantage of trading in vs selling in many states. My dealer (SAC) didn't offer as much as CarMax but with the tax advantage it was a better offer so that's what I'm doing. On my way now to pick up my Bronco! 😎

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had solid offers from Vroom and Carvana knowing that I could liquidate the trade in vehicle within 48 hours. I also was prepared to keep my previous vehicle and sell it myself at a price that would move it quickly without losing too much equity if I needed to. I figured if my Bronco had to sit at the dealer for a couple of days that it would be worth it. At the time of purchase, the dealer offered the same as my highest offer so I asked for another $1k. When they agreed to my request and I knew trading it was going to save me another $4k in sales tax, my truck became the dealers. I was happy and they were happy. All things considered, I ended up better off trading it and had no hassle.